EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 01-11-2006, 11:09 AM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Everfrost
Default Cartesian Addition (Right/Bottom Aligning Windows)

Just wondering if anyone has attempted to do math on coordinate pairs to achieve right-aligning of windows.

Currently, I'm working on my maintained spells window to make a right-side of the screen version, which requires two windows to share the same top-right corner.

I'm having some luck with:

Code:
MathIsHard.Size=Parent.MaintainedCompact.Size
MathIsHard.RightBarbie.Size=Location
MathIsHard.RightBarbie.PackSize=A,A
MathIsHard.Size=Size
Which basically takes the location of the maintained window, adds it's size and then subtracts the size of the small maintained window. (The result ends up in MathIsHard.RightBarbie.Size. The calculation isn't instant.) Currently, I'm using an effector to read the value back an instant later but am open for other ideas.

Was just wondering if anyone had tried something similar in the past and had any warnings/tips...

Or, if no one had tried it before, perhaps it'll work as inspiration to some of the geniuses writing interfaces...
'Tetht the printhiple, tetht the printhiple,' muttered Igor. 'Thorry, thur, but Igorth do not "tetht the printhiple". Thtrap it to the bench and put a good thick bolt of lightning through it, thatth our motto. Thatth how you tetht thomething.'
Unread 02-02-2006, 02:44 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: Oggok

Confused by what you mean right bottom alignment of windows? Are you talking about actual windows shifting position in game, or say, an Icon being in the bottom right corner, even on resize?
Unread 02-02-2006, 03:50 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Everfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddbomber83
Confused by what you mean right bottom alignment of windows? Are you talking about actual windows shifting position in game, or say, an Icon being in the bottom right corner, even on resize?
Some of the interfaces I've seen, like the clock/compass mod I use rely on the two windows having the same top/left corner to position them. That works wel for windows that are a fixed width, but if one of them is resizable then it doesn't work correctly.

For example, I had a request of my maintained spell window to right align the icons. On the left align version, it's easy. Just set the small window with just the icons and the big window with all the info to use the same location. But, since the big window is resizable, aligning the two windows to have the same right side was a bit of a problem.

I started experimenting with the way that the client repositions items within a page when you resize that page as a way to do the math necessary. I accidentally trashed the HD with all the work on it, so I'll be starting over once I get the next incarnation of my raid window working.

I hope that makes clearer what I was working on accomplishing.

But, in theory, you could use it to have a group window that is always aligned to the bottom of the screen and grows upward as members join/leave the group. Or to keep two windows positioned vertically one above the other regardless of the size of the windows.
'Tetht the printhiple, tetht the printhiple,' muttered Igor. 'Thorry, thur, but Igorth do not "tetht the printhiple". Thtrap it to the bench and put a good thick bolt of lightning through it, thatth our motto. Thatth how you tetht thomething.'