EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 10-20-2007, 11:42 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Hotbar issue

I downloaded and installed the new version tonight. I started moving things around on my HUD/UI (often do trying to settle on what I want to stick with) including resizing hotbars.

So, I moved them to make room for "X", "Y", "Z", and couldnt move them back. I have 5 up and I am able to move 2/5. Obviously, unlocking in options or from the hotbar options doesnt work or I would not be posting here. I also changed and reset pretty much every hotbar option that exist attempting to straighten this out.

This was not an issue in v9.1.

Finally, I gave up and asked in guild chat if anyone had ever had this issue, and a few people asked if I was using fetish. So, I am relieved that it isnt just me (they had the exact same issue I am having).

Hoping for a solution its pretty annoying having hotbars all over the place hehe. Its doable but....

Thanks
Unread 10-21-2007, 03:48 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

You have to find the 'sweet spot' in order to move them. It's usually in between two boxes at the top -- you'll know you're there because the cursor will change to include the up-down/left-right repositioning symbol on it.

If that's not working, double check and make sure click-through isn't enabled. If that's enabled (and it can be enabled on the hotbar, not 100% sure) then you'll have to disable it in order to move the window.
Unread 10-21-2007, 05:32 PM
A Brown Bear

Click through is not enabled. The "sweet spot", since v9.2, does not exist in 3/5 hotbar windows. I know exactly what the reticle looks like and it just isnt there.

Like I mentioned in my first post I have already been through all of this (window and hotbar options). I know how to move windows and hotbars I do it frequently. I have never had this issue before downloading and installing the newest version of fetish.

And again, I am not alone in this issue. There are other people that I have actually spoken with that are having the same problem.

So again, I am looking for some assistance here. Whenever I have ever had any sort of issue like this in any mod it is always adding or removing something from a line in one file or another and I assume someone out there will know where and what that is.
Unread 10-21-2007, 06:29 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere

Well, the confusing thing is that every hotbar is derived from the same xml file so there isn't any way for us to make one hotbar different from another. I don't normally use Fetish but what have other players said?

It's possible that your server_character_uisettings.ini file is corrupted. Have you tried moving that somewhere as a backup and having the game create a fresh one?

Visit Othesus World!

Last edited by Othesus : 10-21-2007 at 06:32 PM.
Unread 10-21-2007, 09:01 PM
A Brown Bear

No I havent tried that but I will look for that and do it. One of the guys I talked to yesterday just went back to using the default UI because nothing he tried worked. I'm not ready to do that myself.

Any suggestions at all are welcome. Thanks a bunch.
Unread 10-21-2007, 09:48 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default borked hotbars

Nope your not the only one with the issue just have to wait for it to get patched everytime soe does an update they bork something in the ui
Unread 10-22-2007, 12:58 AM
A Griffon

Niether SoE nor Zonx has touched the hotbars since January. I just loaded them fresh from the latest release (v9.2) and they are still working perfectly fine, for me at least.

Try turning on your Spinner as that will make the hotbar bank number a sweet spot for moving purposes.

Also, this sounds like your hotbars are overlapping each other as well. Try to resize them and make sure that they are free and clear from each other.

Hopefully we can get this resolved for you soon since I can imagine how frustrating it must be for you right now. I can't play if my UI doesn't allow me to become comfortable.
Unread 10-22-2007, 06:01 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

1) Neither SOE or I have changed the Hotbar XML since January 2007, so any issues you're having can't be a result of XML incompatabilities.

2) All Hotbar windows are derived from the same XML file, so if one is working all should be.

3) I am not able to reproduce this problem on my end and other users have posted they aren't having this issue.

Given all of the above, it sounds like you may have a corrupted settings file. I wish I could be more help but we've prety much ruled out the possibility of this being a custom UI issue.
Unread 10-22-2007, 07:51 AM
Premium Member

I've had some odd hotbar issues, but got them working eventually. I had one character, for example, that had dragging icons turned off on one bar, but the hotbar options dialog would not show up under any circumstances. I had to delete that character's ini file and copy from a working one.

I turn on the spinner so I have an easy spot to drag from. Seems to resolve all my other issues as well.
Unread 10-23-2007, 12:18 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

I still wish that SOE would change the hotbar context menus back to what they were, or at least close to it. And perhaps make it so that you can drag the hotbar by an icon if icon dragging is disabled.
Unread 10-23-2007, 10:21 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default hotbar issue

I didnt have any problems with moving my hotbars till soe's last gu so it has to be something they screwed up not sure what as i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the ui and still no diff possibly something in the original ui settings causing the conflict????. should probably add i do not have this problem with the stock ui so not sure whats wrong.

Last edited by tk0035 : 10-23-2007 at 10:35 PM.
Unread 10-24-2007, 08:53 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: The Bazaar

Well, I've found the same "problems" as others. However, I've found that although the thing is tricky it IS doable. You just have to fiddle around and try things from every angle. One thing that really helps is to turn on the frame temporarily. That way you can see zackly where to grab to change things. I would not do this in combat though.

Hah hahahahaha.
Unread 10-29-2007, 04:13 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Hey there,

I have been using Fetish for quite some time...up till now I've not had a problem but this not being able to move the hotbars just really got to me...I have had the problem as well...but then...I got frustrated..so what did I do...I tried other UI's...I tried another version of Fetish..the darkheart one...and profit reborn....they both screwed up my guild window royally...so as a loyal person I came back to Fetish Nightfall and I took the advice I should have before but didn't cause I'm a dunce ...DUH...*bonks self* I right clicked on the hotbar on the far left side, clicked on Window Settings...then pushed the bars all the way to the right for everything...Normal Opacity, Mouseover Opacity, for all the categories listed in the box. then looked at my hotbar...low and behold there is a thin slice of black above and below the little arrow keys that let you toggle to another hotbar and was able to move the hotbar. Please try this..I guarantee it works. I'm a hardheaded woman but eventually figured it out....hopefully this works for you too.

Signed

A very tired Mom =)

Last edited by dgoedel : 10-29-2007 at 07:01 PM.
Unread 10-29-2007, 07:08 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoedel View Post
profit reborn....they both screwed up my guild window royally
ProfitUI doesn't even include a modded guild window. And ProfitUI hotbars have an easy to use move target that you can grab to move the hotbars. /end advertising.
Unread 10-30-2007, 06:57 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

LOL ah ok.

Only thing I know is when I opened my guild window with Profit Reborn UI

1. It was empty....no guild events...no log for the bank when I know that there were recent events that should have been showing and guild bank withdrawals that should have been showing.

2. It showed my guild as being lvl 20...umm...in reality it's lvl 9..yeeaaahhh..

3. I am so happy I reinstalled Fetish. I'm not leaving this custom UI again. Next time I will be a smart lady and ask questions here in the forum instead of trying to figure it out on my own.
Unread 10-30-2007, 07:45 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Sounds like you used /loadui - that command is broken, just don't use it...

But anyway, good thing you're happy with Fetish.
Unread 10-30-2007, 05:11 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordebon View Post
I still wish that SOE would change the hotbar context menus back to what they were, or at least close to it.
I wonder if this is something that a modder would be able to achieve? Such as how Zonx added the additional icons to the Startmenu maybe have additional options pre-set for certain context menus.
Unread 10-30-2007, 06:32 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFringe View Post
I wonder if this is something that a modder would be able to achieve? Such as how Zonx added the additional icons to the Startmenu maybe have additional options pre-set for certain context menus.
I'm not sure how. I believe that all context menus are hard-coded... the menu is different as it's not technically a context menu, at least from what I understand.
Unread 10-31-2007, 12:18 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

FYI, the "difficulty" of moving Fetish Hotbars was an intentional design decision. The point here was to streamline the hotbars as much as possible for normal play, yet still make it possible to move them via the spinner. With the spinner off there's virtually no dead space and very little chance of accidentally moving the window. You wanna move them? Turn on the spinner and drag by the number.

I do wish the bars could be dragged via empty icons, but SOE killed that. Also wish a couple more options were added to the icon right-click.

Right-click menus can be skinned but the items in the menu are suplied by the server and completely beyond our ability to mod. I could probably hack something in, but targeting the desired Hotbar/Bag window would be a problem.