EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 06-25-2007, 12:10 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Blackburrow
Default Hide Fog on EQ2Map

Is anyone else not able to hide fog with EQ2Map? I remember, before installing ProfitUI, that I could hide fog on any map.
Unread 06-26-2007, 08:04 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Nagafen

The "Hide Fog" option is still there in ProfitUI.

Not sure why you don't have it. See if this solution will help with your problem aswell. "Clickie"
Unread 06-27-2007, 07:40 AM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Splitpaw

Also bear in mind that as far as I know you've never been able to hide the fog on 'any' map. I'm pretty sure you've only ever been able to hide the fog on the city zone maps and also Gfay as that's where Kelethin is.

But yes, the option is still there on Profit, you appear to be missing more than just the option...you also appear to be missing the outer edge of the window also, make sure you have 'frame and titlebar' selected in the map window options...just a thought that one
Unread 06-27-2007, 06:41 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Everfrost

Actually you can hide the map on any map. It's something I learned to do a while ago. I'm hesitant in adding it to the standard eq2map skin cause I'm not sure Sony wants us to be able to hide the fog. But, It's been a part of the Fetish Skin for about a year now. So I guess I can release a skin mod that will add that option to the standard skin.

Just drop the attached file in your everquest2/ui/myui/eq2map folder.

Note: At the moment, I have no way of testing this out so if it doesn't work just delete the file and let eq2map updater redownload it. Please let me (and other members) know if it works!

Last edited by Talyns : 06-28-2007 at 04:06 PM. Reason: removed attachement
Unread 06-28-2007, 09:20 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Nagafen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyns View Post
Actually you can hide the map on any map. It's something I learned to do a while ago. I'm hesitant in adding it to the standard eq2map skin cause I'm not sure Sony wants us to be able to hide the fog. But, It's been a part of the Fetish Skin for about a year now. So I guess I can release a skin mod that will add that option to the standard skin.

Just drop the attached file in your everquest2/ui/myui/eq2map folder.

Note: At the moment, I have no way of testing this out so if it doesn't work just delete the file and let eq2map updater redownload it. Please let me (and other members) know if it works!
Just tried this file at the test server, and seem to work perfectly for me

Edit:
Found a bug, When I click at the world tab, and go back to Current zone, the Hide Fog button is gone.
But its just a minor bug as all you have to do is reopen the map and its back.

Last edited by Sniper Wolf : 06-28-2007 at 09:23 AM.
Unread 06-28-2007, 03:14 PM
A Griffon

Server: Everfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper Wolf
Found a bug, When I click at the world tab, and go back to Current zone, the Hide Fog button is gone. But its just a minor bug as all you have to do is reopen the map and its back.
That's a minor bug that is currently unfixable.. However after Othesus' Changes go live I will take a crack at fixing it.

EDIT: I uploaded this mod as a plugin in the EQ2map download area.. http://www.eq2interface.com/download...ideAnyFog.html
If you downloaded my previous attachment (skinnable_windowElements.xml) please delete it from your eq2map folder and let the updater grab it again. Although it shouldn't break anything if you don't.

Last edited by Talyns : 06-28-2007 at 05:22 PM.
Unread 07-05-2007, 01:24 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Blackburrow

The check box in the corner of my map window is there. Just whenever I check or uncheck it, it doesn't do anything with the fog. It just leaves the fog there.

Quote:
I remember being able to do it with Fetish, so that's why I was wondering why Profit didn't have it.

Thanks for the fix.

Last edited by Kadrina : 07-05-2007 at 01:27 PM.
Unread 07-06-2007, 04:51 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadrina View Post
I remember being able to do it with Fetish, so that's why I was wondering why Profit didn't have it.
ProfitUI doesn't include EQ2map (with the exception of modified EQ2map icons), that's why. I believe the EQ2map team is doing an outstanding job and therefore have no intention of modding their work.
Unread 08-22-2007, 05:54 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
That's a minor bug that is currently unfixable.. However after Othesus' Changes go live I will take a crack at fixing it.
I've got a bug fix plugin I'm working on that should cover that bug as well as a few Reset mess-ups. I've also adapted your Fog hiding plugin to be a little more robust (it's awesome by the way, years ago, I hid the fog a totally different way that was drastically more annoying, it involved making the window triple wide for when the fog layer was calculated, then resizing back to normal). I'll try and have something posted for testing later today. Gotta figure this website back out and dig around some more for advances to EQ2's XML; a lot has changed, like conditionals and concatenation being discovered.

Do you know of a way to press a tab via XML script?

Quib
Unread 08-22-2007, 06:58 PM
A Griffon

Ok, give this a whirl. It uses plugin slot 10 and fixes the following bugs:
- Inconsistent visibility of ''Create Path'' icon
-- Now always visible
- Inconsistent visibility of QM_LocEntry.Frame object
-- Now only visible when minimized
- Inconsistent visiblity of ''Map Fog'' checkbox and POI Filtering Menu
-- Now only visible when on the ''Current Zone'' tab
- Changes Superfluous ''Create Path'' Button into ''Hide Path''
-- Use the ''Create Path'' icon instead

There are other bugs that I couldn't resolve without changing skinnable_WindowElements.xml directly. Though the default version of skinnable_WindowElements.xml should eventually get some fixes implemented, this plugin should work for the time being.

Quib
Attached Files
File Type: xml plugin_10.xml (1.9 KB, 331 views)