EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 02-16-2009, 05:34 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default ProfitUI Reborn - How to change the Font?

Good Morning,

ProfitUI is great, but thereīs one thing that makes handling with it unpossible for me - the Font. I hate this Font usually is used, so I want you to ask, how to change the complete active UI Font? I got some nice Fantasy Fonts from the Internet, but I dunno how to change it.

Can someone help me, please?

Unread 02-16-2009, 06:40 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Find the font definitions in _ProfitUI_Styles.xml and change them. For default UI windows/fonts you'll need to copy eq2ui_fonts.xml from the Default folder to the ProfitUI folder and modify that as well.
Unread 02-16-2009, 07:30 AM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

to OP:
Please post how this works for you. I recently upgraded my monitor to a 22 inch wide screen lcd from a 21 inch crt. While the images are perfect, the text is hard to read. I guess, I am not used to the wide screen format yet. Anyway, I am interested in changing the fonts (making them bigger).

I found where I can make the chat text bigger, and that helped. But other areas such as player names, spell names (in the maintained window), etc are small and almost get washed out.

I guess my eyes are getting old

I looked through _Profit_styles.xml and found several lines like this
<ButtonStyle DisabledTextColor="#404040" DisabledTextStyle="Fonts.FontArial12T" MouseOverTextColor="#FFFF00" MouseOverTextStyle="Fonts.FontArial12T" Name="box_button" NormalTextColor="#F0D080" NormalTextStyle="Fonts.FontArial12T" PressedTextStyle="Fonts.FontArial12T" PressSound="click" RStyleActivated="BoxButton.box_but_pressed" RStyleDefault="BoxButton.box_but_normal" RStyleDisabled="BoxButton.box_but_disabled" RStyleDisabledActivated="BoxButton.box_but_pressed_disabled" RStyleMouseOver="BoxButton.box_but_mouseover" RStyleMouseOverActivated="BoxButton.box_but_pressed" SelectedTextColor="#CCFFFF" SelectedTextStyle="Fonts.FontArial12T" />

I am assuming that all isntances of Fonts.FontArial12T would need to be changed to something else? Does the 12 represent the pitch? Could I simply make that 14 or 16?

Thanx
Unread 02-16-2009, 07:44 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

No, keep the Names and just have them point to a different font (FontName). The font definitions are in the Namespace "Fonts" (the bitmap fonts are <included> as external files), that is all you should change (plus the default UI file mentioned above if you want to change those fonts also).
Unread 02-16-2009, 08:51 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Okay, thanks. I'll try.

English is not my native language and I'm quite bad in computer techniques; I have to find it in ProfitUI Styles first, then Ill change it and post here.

*Font Definitions*

Is this only one point to change, or are that many things, I have to change? Just rename the Definition with the name of the new font? oder what should I do?
----> i changed around 8 font names with them i want, but ive already got e.g. the experience number in font speedline - is there no "all" function where i can change them ALL, really all? ; )
thx

***New Question***

Can I make the size of the tooltip bigger? Its quite small when it looks good, if i make it bigger in the interface of eq it looks very washed
And the other size of the script, is it possible to make that bigger? i got problems to read it, unless havin glasses

Last edited by LovarBoy : 02-16-2009 at 09:52 AM.
Unread 02-16-2009, 12:06 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

To change the speedline font just find the entries for FontName="Speedline" in the styles.xml and change them to FontName="WhateverFontYouWantToUse". Should be 2 or 3 entries. That changes it for all the interface. Same for the other fonts.

Tooltip font size might be somewhere in the options, otherwise you'll have to modify the respective tooltip windows.

But frankly, if you just want to enlarge everything due to bad eyesight I'd suggest to simply reduce the game resolution until everything is big enough. Or buy a bigger screen.
Unread 02-16-2009, 12:23 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
To change the speedline font just find the entries for FontName="Speedline" in the styles.xml and change them to FontName="WhateverFontYouWantToUse". Should be 2 or 3 entries. That changes it for all the interface. Same for the other fonts.

Tooltip font size might be somewhere in the options, otherwise you'll have to modify the respective tooltip windows.

But frankly, if you just want to enlarge everything due to bad eyesight I'd suggest to simply reduce the game resolution until everything is big enough. Or buy a bigger screen.

Or new glasses ; )

Yeah I found the entries with Speedline but there arenīt any more - but expierence etc. remain in the same Font
Unread 02-16-2009, 02:59 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Hehe yes, new glasses is another option.
The experience font is an external bitmap font, to change that you need to remove the <include> for Highspeed28 and 56 and create new font definitions with a Name="Font28" and Font56, respectively. Same for the other included bitmap fonts. You need to open the referenced .xml files to get the font name.
Unread 02-16-2009, 06:05 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post

Well, that was my problem... I went to a bigger screen (so I thought). However, i did not realize that the wide screen format is different than regular. I assumed it would just be, uh... wider... well, it is wider, but its also shorter in height. And that is what messes up my fonts. I am sure you recognize my name... I been usin profit for years now and even helped on some issues. I may have to play around with the contrast a little bit also. I think it might be turned up too high.

I dont want to hijack the OP's thread any more than I already have. I will try re-adjusting the monitor settings and monitor this thread for updates.

Thanx GM9 for all the work you have done for the EQ community!
Unread 02-17-2009, 12:09 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorinth View Post
to OP:
Please post how this works for you. I recently upgraded my monitor to a 22 inch wide screen lcd from a 21 inch crt. While the images are perfect, the text is hard to read.
You may already know this, Sorinth, but it bears repeating anyway. LCD monitors are different than CRT monitors in that the pixel size is fixed. While you can set the screen resolution to whatever the manufacturer says, for crisp text and best display you really need to set the screen resolution to the monitor's native resolution. If it is set to anything else you will likely get the kind of text issues you are describing no matter how much you tweak anything else.
Unread 02-17-2009, 06:16 PM
A Griffon

Yea, I am finding this out. I have run LCD's before at work. However, this is my home PC and I "upgraded" from a 20 inch CRT to a 22 inch ws LCD. I set the resolution both in windows and in game to 1680 x 1050 (which is the native resolution of the monitor). However, after playing with some settings, I think the contrast is too high. The white of the characters glares when on a black background.

However, this is not game nor UI related and I dont wish to take up GM9's forum space. (However having larger fonts is still a plus for my aging eyes). If you would like, you can PM me and we can discuss this further. Maybe you know some tricks that I have yet to learn.

Thanx!