EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 07-01-2011, 02:16 AM
A Grassland Beetle
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Hotbar Issue

Preface: I'm not a code wizard by any stretch of the imagination.

The hotbars I use are a mod of a mod and currently clip off ~2-4 pixels from the bottom of any hotbar over one row - a single hotbar looks perfect.

I found the clipping issue and fixed it (IconPage location was incorrect), but what I've run into is background/frame of the bar doesn't resize to any hotkey size over ~40 (?). I have my hotbars set to the smallest (22) which just exaggerates the issue =/

I found: http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...minimum+hotbar and tried the suggested fixes but nothing seems to be changing anything. I may/may not being implementing these fixes properly (which is a very good possibility), so any help is appreciated.

Bars with "clipping issue" - only a couple pixels at the bottom of the bar:

Bar with fixed clipping and oversized background/window:

Is there any way to fix this?
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_hotkey.xml (10.6 KB, 368 views)
Unread 07-01-2011, 03:10 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Seems like the Frame and Background elements aren't aligned with the IconPage or something along those lines. Also, the spinner being turned on changes the location of the IconPage a bit I believe, especially since they changed the default UI hotbars, it can be a little funky.

I know with my Hotbars the icon bank stays perfectly aligned with the background.
Unread 07-01-2011, 03:17 AM
A Grassland Beetle

I noticed the page move every time I turned on the spinner; it forced the page to the default size and move the bar left or right a bit.

Messed with the alignment of the bg/frame pages - as well as their height. I got the bg and frame to visually line up with the icons but the actual bar was still ~40 pixels. What I mean by that is the bar still "existed" past the visual frame, when the bars are aligned vertically along one row it's almost impossible to click on the bar below it.
Unread 07-01-2011, 01:17 PM
A Griffon
Featured

I know in the default UI the minimum height of the window is set to 50, does your window have a minimum height set?

There was and old resize bug, but I thought that it didn't exist anymore. Try giving your OnShow of the main window: MinimumSize='0,0'

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 07-01-2011 at 01:20 PM.
Unread 07-01-2011, 04:25 PM
A Grassland Beetle

Yeah they have a min size, tried 10, 0, and 22 (10,10, 0,0, etc...) and tried the MinimumSize='0,0' in both the OnHover and OnShow now and neither seemed to work.
I've set the IconBank min size and specified size to 0', 10's, 22's, etc... in addition to the OnHover and OnShow and no changes.

Honestly, at this point I think I'll just end up making my hotkey banks into 3 3x4 blocks and be done with it lol =/
Unread 07-01-2011, 07:41 PM
A Griffon
Featured

I meant to add it to the overall window, not the icon bank (not sure if that's what you meant).
Unread 07-02-2011, 01:40 AM
A Grassland Beetle

Yeah it was added to overall window. I swear I've literally added it to every field I could possibly add it to and the actual size of the bar isn't changing at all.

e: can't type

Last edited by Qupe : 07-02-2011 at 03:16 AM.