EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 08-07-2011, 03:59 PM
Premium Member

Default Where to look to fix some UI bugs ...

I originally posted this in the Fetish forums since that is what I'm using, but only got crickets. So I figured they really could be posed as a more general question and perhaps someone could guide me as to how to fix these particular issues:

I have two windows (that I know of) that won't close when you hit the close button: the House Display (where you set up a mannequin to display armor) and the house Customization (where you select the wall and floor coverings). I believe I found he XML for the displays, but I don't see anything wrong with it (which means little); I can't figure out where the customizations XML is at all. The Display window will close if you leave your home, but the customization will stay on screen until you log no matter what else you do. Even if the only answer is "revert to the default," I need the XML name, though I'd prefer to fix them.

The other is maybe an issue, and maybe just a question: the threat meter, I thought, was supposed to fade and go away when you lost all aggro. But mine stays on all the time unless I use the hotkey to make it go away (that is, the graphic sphere stays on all the time, the little bar meters fade away properly). Is this how it's supposed to work, or is something wrong?
Unread 08-08-2011, 07:01 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daeanor View Post
I originally posted this in the Fetish forums since that is what I'm using, but only got crickets. So I figured they really could be posed as a more general question and perhaps someone could guide me as to how to fix these particular issues:

I have two windows (that I know of) that won't close when you hit the close button: the House Display (where you set up a mannequin to display armor) and the house Customization (where you select the wall and floor coverings). I believe I found he XML for the displays, but I don't see anything wrong with it (which means little); I can't figure out where the customizations XML is at all. The Display window will close if you leave your home, but the customization will stay on screen until you log no matter what else you do. Even if the only answer is "revert to the default," I need the XML name, though I'd prefer to fix them.

The other is maybe an issue, and maybe just a question: the threat meter, I thought, was supposed to fade and go away when you lost all aggro. But mine stays on all the time unless I use the hotkey to make it go away (that is, the graphic sphere stays on all the time, the little bar meters fade away properly). Is this how it's supposed to work, or is something wrong?

The two housing windows are in the file eq2ui_playerhousing.xml, although I'd be surprised if they were customized at all given how straightforward they are and how little they are used. If you can't find any structural changes to that part of the interface between Fetish and the current default, I'd say revert to default on those pieces.

The threat window has a checkbox in Options, I believe it's under User Interface >> Game Windows, that hides the default meter when you aren't fighting. The default window itself doesn't go away, only the "lens" and flames. If you look in the eq2ui_mainhud_threat.xml file, you'll see a page with the dynamic data value "GameData.Target.ThreatShowWindow." Everything inside that page shows or hides when this value changes. I expect your customizations most likely fall outside of this page, so they stay on all the time.

__
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	harvesthelper2.jpg
Views:	13758
Size:	201.3 KB
ID:	8399  Click image for larger version

Name:	brokers-quarter.jpg
Views:	1112
Size:	324.4 KB
ID:	9124  Click image for larger version

Name:	notifier_updates.png
Views:	3042
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	9174  Click image for larger version

Name:	filmstrip.png
Views:	3804
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	9175  Click image for larger version

Name:	masthead.png
Views:	3846
Size:	280.6 KB
ID:	9176  

Click image for larger version

Name:	three-brokers-midsize.png
Views:	3963
Size:	244.1 KB
ID:	9177  Click image for larger version

Name:	betatools.png
Views:	8650
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	9178  
Attached Files
File Type: zip profitui_infocenter_window.zip (1.8 KB, 491 views)

Last edited by Darqwood : 08-09-2020 at 08:27 AM.
Unread 08-08-2011, 10:34 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Splitpaw

I have been suffering from the House Item window problem too, and was starting to rip my hair out over it, so your 'eq2ui_playerhousing.xml' tip worked wonders.

I had been deleting just the house item one, including the default one, but the error wouldnt go away.

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darqwood View Post
The two housing windows are in the file eq2ui_playerhousing.xml, although I'd be surprised if they were customized at all given how straightforward they are and how little they are used. If you can't find any structural changes to that part of the interface between Fetish and the current default, I'd say revert to default on those pieces.

The threat window has a checkbox in Options, I believe it's under User Interface >> Game Windows, that hides the default meter when you aren't fighting. The default window itself doesn't go away, only the "lens" and flames. If you look in the eq2ui_mainhud_threat.xml file, you'll see a page with the dynamic data value "GameData.Target.ThreatShowWindow." Everything inside that page shows or hides when this value changes. I expect your customizations most likely fall outside of this page, so they stay on all the time.

__