EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 02-20-2009, 04:27 PM
A Crazed Gnoll
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Can't find the speaker icons on group/raid window

As the subject suggests. I can't see them. I've been using profitUI for a couple years now. I just recently tried the default, and noticed i could see who is using voice chat, by looking at the group/raid windows. So i looked through the code for ProfitUI's raid/group window and noticed it had the code for it. I just don't see it when i use them in game. Is there a way to enable them?
Unread 02-20-2009, 04:52 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Yeah I know I should finally add them in, lol. When I originally put them in I still thought they'd only show up when someone is speaking, but since they are always visible I hid them again.

If you want to turn them on you need to remove the visible="false" from those lines. But you'll also need to change the icon style to whatever the defaultUI uses, because the custom graphic I had made and which the ProfitUI_Styles is pointing to does in fact not exist in the released skins because I forgot to update my script that is generating them when I did them. Yeah...

Also: Clicking on them to bring up the voice menu does not work for many characters on international server because EQ2 UI scripting does not support international characters. There, I said it again. The only UI bug worth fixing and they won't touch it.
Unread 02-20-2009, 04:58 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Also: Clicking on them to bring up the voice menu does not work for many characters on international server because EQ2 UI scripting does not support international characters. There, I said it again. The only UI bug worth fixing and they won't touch it.
That is because English is the only real language :P J/K of course
Unread 02-20-2009, 05:04 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Don't feel insecure because you never learned another language.
Unread 02-20-2009, 06:08 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Thanks man. I'll give it a try. I'm guessing the icon is already set in a good location.
Unread 02-20-2009, 06:17 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

on the raid window it hides the level indicator, on the group window it should be fine (actually I forgot why I had disabled it on the group window also...).

I'll update this stuff for GU51 I guess. Maybe I'll leave it where it is on the raid window and I just add a toggle or something. I'm open to suggestions.
Unread 02-20-2009, 07:17 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Ok i got them all working. I adjusted the ones on the raid window so their before the level. For the group it's just fine. Except I can't find a function to show when "I'm" talking. I tried /GameData.Group.Group_0.Speaking and /GameData.Self.Speaking (had to add that into the gamedata xml manually), but I'm guessing that function isn't in the game.
Unread 02-20-2009, 07:35 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

No. But you should know when you are speaking.