EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 12-29-2004, 09:59 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Combat Art / Spell transparent overlay modification

If you look into icon_transp_nocorner.tga and icon.transp1.dds you'll see the overlays used for ( I believe) the spell recast "fill up" graphics that are used to redraw the icon as it slowly becomes available.

I've done many searches for this topic (I couldn't find anything similar). I read the sticky post. I don't want the numeric value. I don't want to display any numbers. I just want the graphic to be clearer.

All I want is a 1-2px vertical bar on the far right of just the recast refill timer overlay graphic to indicate very strongly visually that the spell is almost ready. Right now, imo, the overlays are too vague and in some cases, it's very difficult to see when the spell can be recast at all.

Likewise, in addition to the recast timer overlay shown on the hotkey itself, it would be nice to also see a similar 1-2px vertical bar on the top-down transparent overlay used to indicated food, drink, and buff timers as just about to run out. Of particular annoyance is things like Pathfinding. When it gets to the bottom half of the buff, it's extremely tough to see when it's going to run out without mousing over it.

In any case, I've tried to modify and replace these files (after the patching is done, yes) but to no avail. No matter what I replace, the transparent overlays don't change. I'm obviously missing something, but I don't know what it is.

Anyways, there's the request.
Unread 12-29-2004, 11:32 AM
a hedgehog
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nagafen

check it out---to mod that image you should not have to replace it after the patcher checks the files out. Just make an images/icons/ folder and drop your file in there. Works just like any modded xml file.

try this picture out....like i said put it in ui\mymods\images\icons

havent tested yet, cuz i dont feel like logging/tabbing out once i log in and i figure youll get your answer faster this way anyway!
________
Aluminum grinders
Attached Files
File Type: zip icon_transp_nocorner.zip (8.1 KB, 253 views)

Last edited by tonyis3l33t : 09-16-2011 at 03:17 AM.
Unread 12-29-2004, 02:44 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Hm, before I tried replacing the files, I tried putting the files in my modded ui folder, as you suggest.

No go, it appears to ignore them.
Unread 12-29-2004, 05:08 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle

looking at the alpha channel of that file it doesn't look like its the right one, keep looking. I went through the whole folder and didn't see anything that looked right, so if we can change it, its not in the icons folder.

Last edited by taco-man : 12-29-2004 at 05:11 PM.