EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Closed Thread
Unread 08-07-2008, 06:57 PM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Unkown
Default Purities' ProfitUI Raid Button Editor Support Thread

This thread is where you can post bugs and suggestions you have about the ProfitUI Raid Button Editor foud here: http://www.eq2interface.com/download...tonEditor.html

Thanks for the feedback!
Unread 08-11-2008, 05:54 AM
A Sea Turtle
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Splitpaw

I posted these as a comment to the utility's web page - didn't notice that there exists this own thread for bugs/suggestions

Anyway here's what I wrote:

"I noticed a bug in the utility.

When I was configuring what commands are sent to group/raid and as tell for necromancer resurrect spell (3rd skill in group/raid window), when the send tell input textbox selected, and when I pressed space bar, the text box content for this was always cleared. I used clipboard as a work around for this.

It'd be nice if one could use more than those three commands per given spell. Now one can only define what text is send as a tell, send to a current group and to raid channel. We use also 4th channel, where for example resurrections castings are send. It'd be nice if 4th textbox for specified channel could be defined as well.

Also it would be nice that similar to spells also the cures could be defined.. what text is sent as tell / group channels. This is for grouping though only. Sometimes it could be useful, to not burn mana for curing if someone else is doing the curing already.."
Unread 08-13-2008, 06:45 PM
A Sea Turtle

If you run into any problems with buttons breaking make sure none of the messages with that button have special characters like . ' " \

Im looking into this and I will see if I can figure out if they are causing any problems
Unread 10-12-2008, 12:12 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle

it looks like special chars need to be surrounded by &apos

see the heart'/'shard request
Unread 10-12-2008, 02:11 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muckeypuck View Post
it looks like special chars need to be surrounded by &apos
or ", as mentioned in the FAQ.
Unread 10-19-2008, 09:39 PM
A Brown Bear

Default reverting to default

Ok i have had Profit UI for a week or so now. I am a former Fetish user. My only major issue so far is the raid buttons function. I have tried "ProfitUI Quick Macro Button Configurator v1.3", but since I don't own Excel and prefer to use Open Office it seems of little use. I have now tried using "ProfitUI Raid Button Editor"
and all it does is revert me back to Default UI when i start the game. I have also tried to manually edit the existing File as shown in the FAQ and, again, it reverts me back to default UI when I load the game. I am at the end of my rope here. In case it matters. My class is Troubador. The main thing I am wanting is for Button 1 " Jester's Cap " to send a tell to the target of the spell so they know they have it active. Below is a copy of the Manual version I tried in various combinations.

<Data Name="Button1" Macro="SpellForMyLevel=&quot;Jester&apos;s Cap&quot;
useabilityonplayer Parent.Target SpellForMyLevel'
tell Parent.Target You have &gt;&gt;&gt; JESTER&apos;S CAP &lt;&lt;&lt; for 33 seconds.
rsay JESTER&apos;S CAP for Parent.Target"
Tooltip="(65) Jester&apos;s Cap"/>

The tell should look like this. "You have <<< JESTER'S CAP >>> for 33 seconds.

Wheni run this the game loads into ProfitUI fine but the button does nothing at all.
If someone could explain what I am doing wrong I would appreciate it. Either how to manually edit the file or what I may be doing wrong within the raid button editor.
Unread 10-20-2008, 04:57 PM
A Sea Turtle

Been busy for the last month but would like to get the lingering issues fixed. I'll look into the special chars issue.

Bordd try this for the tell message:
JESTER&apos;S CAP
or
JESTERS CAP

Try to avoid using < > , . / ? ! ; : " ' [ ] { } in your messages if you're using my program or learning how the make a profitui macro (at least until you have the simple version working)
Unread 10-21-2008, 01:50 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Bordd, the bug is the trailing ' after SpellForMyLevel. The &gt; or &lt; do not hurt but are no valid XML entities (they are HTML entities).
Unread 11-01-2008, 02:32 AM
A Sea Turtle

I tweaked a few lines and it hopefully works correctly. Please let me know if you encounter any bugs
Unread 11-05-2008, 05:04 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Splitpaw

cant seem to add spells given via AA through it..
Unread 11-05-2008, 11:27 AM
A Sea Turtle

Is the spell not listed in the spells list?

Let me know the name of the spell and I'll add it for the next release.

In the mean time you can add the spell to the program using the spell editor (under edit in the main window)
Unread 11-14-2008, 05:23 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Dirge Spell error

Pur.
The Chimes of Blades spell for dirges (level 76) is listed in your database as Chime of Blades rather than Chimes of Blades, and therefore doesn't work until it is corrected. Thought you might want to update your database.

Chausta
Unread 11-17-2008, 11:42 AM
A Sea Turtle

Thanks for letting me know Chausta. I've updated the spells file

Last edited by Purities : 11-18-2008 at 06:27 PM.
Unread 11-22-2008, 05:04 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Parent.Target - how does it work?

I'm trying to set up this wonderful tool but I only have one little problem.

Wherever I try to use the Parent.Target, when I use the spell in game it actually prints out Parent.Target ... not the target's name.

So for instance, in my hearts macro - I have

Tell
*** Hearts Incoming - check your inventory for Darkness Hearts (Adept III)

Group
Hearts to Parent.Target - Darkness Hearts (Adept III)

Raid
Hearts to Parent.Target - Darkness Hearts (Adept III)

What I get in the output in game is (for both group and raid):
"Hearts to Parent.Target - Darkness Hearts (Adept III)"

instead of
Hearts to Aazzadan - Darkness Hearts (Adept III)

Do I have to surround the Parent.Target in the above with some demiliter characters to get it to work??

Thanks in advance.
Unread 11-24-2008, 11:29 AM
A Sea Turtle

Parent.Target should do it for you. I may have broken something in my last update so I'll look into it

Thanks for letting me know

Last edited by Purities : 11-24-2008 at 11:38 AM.
Unread 12-02-2008, 10:20 AM
A Sea Turtle

I should be able to sit down today and figure out what's going on with the Parent.Target bug.

If anyone's still having problems you can download the previous version here
Unread 12-05-2008, 02:10 AM
A Sea Turtle

Warning:
In my attempts to fix some of the bugs in the program I've found some deeper issues. Specifically how it parses/writes the raid button data. (The file's hard to write by hand and harder yet to write a program to write it for you )

As of this point in time the program is broken so use at your own risk. (For the most part everything should work if you use no special characters ( [ ] * < > ~ ! ; : ' " ) ( etc ) in your messages

I plan to work on it when I have time and I hope to have a revised version up and running soon.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Last edited by Purities : 12-10-2008 at 01:25 PM.
Unread 12-05-2008, 03:56 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

If you want to compare code let me know, I think mine is probably pretty stable, at least I never received a bug report from those who can run it.
Unread 03-04-2009, 12:21 AM
Dyadem @ Zam.com
Premium Member

Server: Everfrost

So I recently figured out how to use this program, and it does work nicely and I'd like to give you my appreciation for it.

Now to the downside.

After configuring the Necromancer rez button (to tell a group that I'm rezzing whichever member), my Coercer's buttons are all missing except for the #5 "Heart/Shard" request.

I reverted the _profituiquickraidbuttons file back to the original and everything goes back to working fine. So I figured I must have done something wrong. I then reset the Necro rez for the macro I want, and again my Coercer broke.

I promptly went to my few other alts to see if they had any missing/broken buttons (Sk, Templar, Monk), and all of their buttons are in normal working order with no issues what so ever.

This is only a minor issue since the only quick button I use on my Coercer is for mana-flow...but I do use that spell a lot and would rather not have to directly target the person I'm going to feed power too.

The only thing I havent tried yet is to open the editor again and editor the Coercer raid buttons, which I am going to attempt to do as soon as I have the time to fiddle with it.

Please look into this and if it's something I'm doing on my end can you offer any suggestions as to how to fix this.
Unread 03-05-2009, 09:38 AM
A Grove Wisp

Just started using this today. The problem I seem to have is that after changing my troubador JCap to:

<Data Name="Button1" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target 'Jester&apos;s Cap'
tell Parent.Target Jesters Cap on YOU dont let it go to waste" Tooltip="JCap"/>

for whatever reason, the UI doesn't load anymore. It doesn't seem to make any sense to me that this should affect the entire UI, but when I the UI updater write over the file, then the UI loads just fine.

If you're able to help me figure out what I've done wrong here, I'd greatly appreciate it!
Unread 03-05-2009, 11:08 AM
A Griffon

Server: Najena
Default jester's cap

follow this thread
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ht=jesters+cap
Unread 03-05-2009, 11:45 AM
A Grove Wisp

I read the thread and tried out exactly what Calain said the 2nd time, but again, the UI does not load at all. On a slightly different note, I noticed that my maintained spells and detrimental spell effects windows are blank all of a sudden... could it be that something is completely screwy with my UI?
Unread 03-23-2009, 11:41 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default other special characters

any chance of getting profits to use characters like ♪ and ♫

I also tried using the HTML code of these and it just breaks the UI so if you got suggetions let me know
Unread 03-23-2009, 12:28 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carthington View Post
any chance of getting profits to use characters like ♪ and ♫

I also tried using the HTML code of these and it just breaks the UI so if you got suggetions let me know
No, the game does not support non-US ASCII characters in UI scripting. /feedback but it won't help.
Unread 03-23-2009, 01:38 PM
A Grove Wisp
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Default Groupsay problem/fix

Hi I am very new to Profit (Just installed it yesterday) and was configuring the raid/group buttons for my pally using your program and it works very nicely with one slight problem that I ran into. when I would configure it to send a message to raid & group only raid would work. I opened the file in Ultraedit and noticed it had groupsay followed by my message, I then changed it to gsay and it worked. Dont know if its just something on my side or what but figured I would share.

Thanks for all the hard work im sure that has gone into this great interface system.
Closed Thread