EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 07-20-2013, 12:13 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest
Default GU67 Dawn of Darkness updates

Attached is the first set of files for GU67. It's the graphics files (default color only), the quest journal and helper window and the new login scene. They're working for me on Beta, the only question I have is the tier marker for daily objectives and whether it actually changes or it's fixed at the three-arrows Epic in which case I might as well not bother with it. You can unzip this directly into the UI/ProfitUI folder, overwriting what's there. Make sure you only do this on the Beta server, I'm pretty sure it'll break something if you try using it on Live.

Oh, right now the tier mark on the daily objective is right-side-up, I'll be flipping it to upside-down to match the way the default UI has it to distinguish it from a true Epic quest marker.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DoD_1.zip (163.1 KB, 256 views)
Unread 07-20-2013, 02:40 AM
A Griffon

Updated the quest helper window.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_journals_active.xml (9.8 KB, 267 views)
Unread 07-20-2013, 09:10 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknarr View Post
Oh, right now the tier mark on the daily objective is right-side-up, I'll be flipping it to upside-down to match the way the default UI has it to distinguish it from a true Epic quest marker.

tknarr I haven't been on Beta in a few days, but when I was checking out the quest helper changes you could actually click that icon and the daily task section would expand/collapse, and the icon rotates to indicate open or closed. The state appears to be getting saved in settings for each character. It kind of surprised me that the icon was interactive yet did not animate or highlight on mouseover.
Unread 07-20-2013, 12:01 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darqwood View Post
tknarr I haven't been on Beta in a few days, but when I was checking out the quest helper changes you could actually click that icon and the daily task section would expand/collapse, and the icon rotates to indicate open or closed. The state appears to be getting saved in settings for each character. It kind of surprised me that the icon was interactive yet did not animate or highlight on mouseover.
I can probably make it highlight with UI coding, I'll have to see. I hadn't seen it rotating on click, but I'm still playing with the differences in the code. I wish they'd've just done daily objectives like any other daily mission quest, that would've been simpler.
Unread 07-20-2013, 12:09 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
I can probably make it highlight with UI coding, I'll have to see. I hadn't seen it rotating on click, but I'm still playing with the differences in the code. I wish they'd've just done daily objectives like any other daily mission quest, that would've been simpler.

I added hover in/hover out to the main daily template so the purple icon highlights whenever the mouse enters any part of the daily area:

Code:
<Page AbsorbsInput="false" Location="6,6" Name="DailyObjectiveTemplate" OnHoverIn="Contents.Tier.Color=#9F88FF" OnHoverOut="Contents.Tier.Color=#7F00FF" PackSize="a,f" ScrollExtent="249,102" Size="249,102" Visible="false">

Attached Files
File Type: zip darqui_live_aom_101014.zip (51.1 KB, 160 views)
File Type: zip darqui_aom_101014.zip (51.1 KB, 191 views)

Last edited by Darqwood : 10-10-2014 at 08:14 AM.
Unread 07-20-2013, 08:06 PM
A Griffon

Updated the quest helper to let you hide the details of the daily objective, and make the marker highlight to indicate it's clickable when you mouse over the daily objective.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_journals_active.xml (10.0 KB, 249 views)
Unread 07-20-2013, 11:28 PM
A Griffon

And the default-sized persona window, adding the new Construct tab. I can't get this to render (not even in the default UI) so I can't check it in game, just in the UI builder (which I don't trust completely).
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml (212.5 KB, 270 views)
Unread 07-21-2013, 10:50 PM
A Griffon

Default GU67 final candidates

The final candidates for the GU67 changes. Only the default colors for the graphics are included. DD3.zip is the main set of files. The other two zipfiles are the large and small variants of the persona window. You can unzip DD3.zip into the BetaServer/UI/ProfitUI folder and overwrite the files from the live version, and then if you want to test the persona window variants unzip the variant you want into BetaServer/UI/ProfitUI overwriting the default persona window. Unless someone mentions a bug, these are the files that'll be sent up to the updater Monday night to be available Tuesday.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DD3.zip (185.1 KB, 243 views)
File Type: zip _eq2ui_mainhud_persona (large).zip (22.4 KB, 230 views)
File Type: zip _eq2ui_mainhud_persona (small).zip (27.2 KB, 235 views)
Unread 07-22-2013, 07:03 PM
A Griffon

The files for the GU67 changes are on their way to the updater. Be sure to NOT apply them until GU67 actually goes live if they happen to arrive on the updater early.
Unread 07-23-2013, 02:10 PM
A Berserk Golem

Hi there, updated already and lots of piece of ui aren't showing. Did you need a screenshot or are you aware of this issue? Or is it just happening for me?
Unread 07-23-2013, 02:23 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedycervi View Post
Hi there, updated already and lots of piece of ui aren't showing. Did you need a screenshot or are you aware of this issue? Or is it just happening for me?
I have the same issue. The build mode and save to hard drive buttons are missing from the AA window. They work if you know where they are.
Unread 07-23-2013, 02:29 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by deveryn View Post
I have the same issue. The build mode and save to hard drive buttons are missing from the AA window. They work if you know where they are.
Check to make sure you have NO eq2ui_mainhud_achievements.xml file in your UI/ProfitUI folder. It's obsolete and the updater should have removed it. If you find one, remove it.

Update: I double-checked the current Live downloads against the last copy of Beta I used to make the Profit changes. The only differences were in the achievement window, and those don't impact Profit's files.

Last edited by tknarr : 07-23-2013 at 02:39 PM.
Unread 07-23-2013, 05:32 PM
A Griffon

FWIW... I just checked. The build and save buttons are visible and functional for me at least.

The only anomaly I have noticed so far is that the background on the top panel of the crafting window is wider than the rest, and overflows about 1/4 inch on each side.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 07-23-2013, 06:55 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therendil View Post
FWIW... I just checked. The build and save buttons are visible and functional for me at least.

The only anomaly I have noticed so far is that the background on the top panel of the crafting window is wider than the rest, and overflows about 1/4 inch on each side.

Zhuka checked and the AA window's working fine for her including those buttons, so I'm thinking the glitches have to be stale copies of old AA window files that didn't get automatically deleted.

As for the crafting window, I really need to sit down and fix the keyboard focus, clean things up and apply all the changes to the small and large variants (including putting the large variant back to Profit's version). It's just messy, a lot of picky coding, and work's just being insane enough that I'm tempted to go seriously looking for another job. And if it weren't for medical issues, the adjective wouldn't be "tempted". I've got the code files, I've got the differences, I just need to get annoyed enough to spend a weekend working on it.
Unread 07-25-2013, 05:27 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Check to make sure you have NO eq2ui_mainhud_achievements.xml file in your UI/ProfitUI folder. It's obsolete and the updater should have removed it. If you find one, remove it.

Update: I double-checked the current Live downloads against the last copy of Beta I used to make the Profit changes. The only differences were in the achievement window, and those don't impact Profit's files.
I found the problem. It was the graphics files you had updated for the default scheme. I had them blocked for the black skin.
Unread 07-25-2013, 06:27 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by deveryn View Post
I found the problem. It was the graphics files you had updated for the default scheme. I had them blocked for the black skin.
Aha. There shouldn't be any need for that now, all the skins were updated to include all current graphics elements. Just select the skin you want in the variants and the updater'll take care of applying the right files when they change.
Unread 07-26-2013, 12:10 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
As for the crafting window, I really need to sit down and fix the keyboard focus, clean things up and apply all the changes to the small and large variants (including putting the large variant back to Profit's version). It's just messy, a lot of picky coding, and work's just being insane enough that I'm tempted to go seriously looking for another job. And if it weren't for medical issues, the adjective wouldn't be "tempted". I've got the code files, I've got the differences, I just need to get annoyed enough to spend a weekend working on it.
Well, the window at least works without major issues, so it needs to be done but not urgently. When you do get to it, there is still the annoyance I have mentioned elsewhere that the window initializes to a single pane but the expand/collapse control thinks it's set to double pane.

I can relate to the medical and job issues. I have been disabled for five years now and that makes it hard to get along physically and financially. But the tech job market has been such a shark tank that I really think I'm better off not being able to hold a regular job. That's sad when you think about it.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 08-06-2013, 03:04 PM
A Griffon

I nailed down what's up with the cruft at the top of the tradeskill window. They changed the tab background styles a big, so sizes and positions need adjusted. It affects the crafting, community, browser, guild, mail and persona windows and the Info Center window. I'm cleaning things up and will have an update tomorrow. It doesn't affect functionality, it just makes the appearance look crufty.