Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Pre-Beta

Unread 03-29-2005, 06:19 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unkown
Default Player/XP Window dewpeshenode tweak

Hey everyone!

I am like brand new to this site, so forgive me if im like TOTALLY lame. I have been fiddling with the UI tool, trying to make a Player box similar to depeshenods advanced version (with the switchable xp-bar) but when I load an eq2ui.xml with his player box already there, nothing shows up. No player box, no Player tree submenu, nothing.

My though is to create a player box like depeshenodes, except to have the target and implied target incorporated as well. I'd like the targets HP bar to be fleshed out like in the player box, with the target name over-neath (tm) the HP bar (meaning on top of).

What do you think? Help would be appreciated

Darrin

PS: I've added an example of how I would like this to roughly look, done in Paint (MAD SKILLS!!)

Last edited by dc_roenfanz : 04-02-2005 at 03:21 AM. Reason: changing Title
Unread 03-29-2005, 06:25 PM
A Griffon

Default Multi-use Player Window Update

I've done some tinkering, and I finally came up with a "look" that I am really satisfied with (see attached file), which borrows from two or three other styles, ie Sunthas and depeshenode (sp?). At any rate, I've done some extra fiddling in the UI builder and came up with a prototype to the previous jpg (see above), but I cannot seem to get the code working right. Any hints, ideas? Can I even 'put' the target window inside the player window?

Should I just give up trying to do it myself and place a request?

Thanks,
Darrin
Unread 03-29-2005, 10:09 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Antonia Bayle

i know the target window wouldnt fully function before if its moved outside its own window, however that could have changed, but i doubt it.
Unread 03-30-2005, 01:07 AM
A Griffon
Featured

I think it would beasier to make the window, and make a target window that could just be move into position making it appear to be 1 window.
Unread 03-30-2005, 01:22 AM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

make the window out of the target window, then it would all be 1 window except for the implied target window. im pretty sure everything else in tehre besides the target windows are all dynamic data so they will work anywhere.
Unread 03-30-2005, 05:57 AM
A Griffon

Default You advance in Frustration (169/200)!

GRRRR! I am NOT a code monkey. I am good at the visual modifications, but when it comes to codefying it, I'll be buggered.

I started out using depeshenodes advanceplayerwindow (lite) because it had most of the code i desired already in place. I *MIGHT* have that working, Ive yet to test it live. If it works, Ill edit and post the screenshot. Please note that I have done this in the player window, and havent tried the target window because it seems to be locked tight, and I cannot figure out how to expand it *GRR*

I havent put the compass in there mainly because I havent figured out how to make it work.

Thanks,
Darrin
Unread 03-30-2005, 06:20 AM
A Griffon

Default Aarrg!!!

Ok, so heres the update. Everything works!
Mostly. Sorta. For some reason, the HP Bar disappeares after I log on. It is there for a brief second then *poof* all I see is the background. You can see what I mean in the screenshot attached.

EDIT:HP and POWER Bars corrected. Note: Value the importance of layers.

OH yeah, I deleted the background on accident, and when I hit undo, it was on top of everything. Any hints on how I am able to fix this? It doesnt REALLY bother me, as most of my stuff is see non-opaque.

EDIT: Figured out how I can get the background back and have it be in the back. Learned this as I was fiddling with the HP bar.

And I would like to figure out how to get the Compass in there and have it work. Many thanks

NOTE:As you can see in the second picture, there is a compass, but that is just the normal compass that I found a space for. Still lookin for advice on that part

Also note that I have added HP and Power numericals, as well as %age of the two. Seems I need to change the color of the numericals, as they are green. Can't have that!

Thanks,
Darrin

Last edited by dc_roenfanz : 03-30-2005 at 07:10 AM.
Unread 03-30-2005, 08:18 AM
A Griffon

Server: Toxxulia

On my ORIGINAL Player Window NOT the LITE version, I have the HP/Power numbers and %'s. YOu may want to look at that mod more than the LITE version to get certain things you are trying to change to work.

-dn
Unread 03-30-2005, 10:14 AM
A Griffon

Yeah, I noticed that. Are the numbers green? I look my health and power falues from the Persona window, and I noticed that they are green there. That is prolly why. I will fiddle a bit more, see if I can ge them to not be while. The percentage is white, no problem.

UPDATE: I placed the compass into my player window, but it doesnt work. It just sits there pointing north. Would that be because its non-dynamic, like the target windows?

Another thing, I was trying to resize Sunthas' target windows in the UIBuilder, and I found it impossible. Why is that? There wasn't a lock on it as far as I could tell. Sunthas, your thoughts on it?

TY
Darrin
Unread 03-30-2005, 11:27 AM
A Griffon

Server: Runnyeye

Min / Max size maybe?
Unread 03-30-2005, 11:27 AM
Steward of the Faithful

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_roenfanz
{snip} UPDATE: I placed the compass into my player window, but it doesnt work. It just sits there pointing north. Would that be because its non-dynamic, like the target windows?
The compass data is pushed directly to MainHUD.Compass. You could probably push most of the player info into the Compass window (with the possible exception of concentration) but pushing the compass into the player window won't work.

Quote:
Another thing, I was trying to resize Sunthas' target windows in the UIBuilder, and I found it impossible. Why is that? There wasn't a lock on it as far as I could tell. Sunthas, your thoughts on it? {snip}
In order to prevent the v1 target system from automatically resizing the target window to the size it thinks it should be, both MinimumSize and MaximumSize have to be set. This will restrict you from changing the size of the window in general. Set MinimumSize to 0,0 and MaximumSize to 1600x1200, resize as you see fit, then copy Size into MinimumSize and MaximumSize once you're satisfied.
Unread 03-30-2005, 03:38 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger
The compass data is pushed directly to MainHUD.Compass. You could probably push most of the player info into the Compass window (with the possible exception of concentration) but pushing the compass into the player window won't work.
Yeah, I had been beginning to expect that. Thanks for confirming it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger
In order to prevent the v1 target system from automatically resizing the target window to the size it thinks it should be, both MinimumSize and MaximumSize have to be set. This will restrict you from changing the size of the window in general. Set MinimumSize to 0,0 and MaximumSize to 1600x1200, resize as you see fit, then copy Size into MinimumSize and MaximumSize once you're satisfied.
Thanks so much!! That is going to help loads.
Now for another problem. For normal targets as well as UPtargets (have up arrows) my target window is fine, as you can see in the pic. However, for the DOWNtargets, it gets all messed up because the arrows automatically go beneath the targets name. I don't have a problem with the up arrows extending beyond the HP bar. The down arrows is what buggers me. If I could, I would like to move them to where the up arrows are, so that the target name stays within the limits of the green health bar. Also, don't know if this is possible, would like the whole health/power bar to be outlined in red for a KoS target. Or, the whole target window itself.

Let me know if these changes are possible, and advice on how to do it if they are.

Many thanks, Darrin
Unread 03-30-2005, 04:17 PM
Steward of the Faithful

Quote:
If I could, I would like to move them to where the up arrows are, so that the target name stays within the limits of the green health bar.
Can't be done, but if you leave enough space within the window for the TierIndicator image name and TI jst switch locations when TI is a downarrow. (i.e. increase te height of your health bar by enough to contain both Name and TierIndicator)

Quote:
Also, don't know if this is possible, would like the whole health/power bar to be outlined in red for a KoS target. Or, the whole target window itself.
Not possible, nor is there anythin even remotely close possible. EQ2 pushes the outline information directly to Name, as far as I know of.
Unread 03-30-2005, 06:24 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger
Can't be done, but if you leave enough space within the window for the TierIndicator image name and TI jst switch locations when TI is a downarrow. (i.e. increase te height of your health bar by enough to contain both Name and TierIndicator).
So, no matter what I do, the up arrows are always going to be above and centered on the targets name? And the down arrows will always be below and centered on the targets name? I can live with that I suppose. What I dont like is that the target name shifted up when a down-arrow-mob was targeted, and I would like to counter act that. I am not sure if I get what you mean by "switching locations" when it is a down arrow. Too mad that I cannot rearrange the arrows. I would like them to be actually next to the target name, that would really be nice.

Back to the topic. How I think it should happen is that the target name stays stationary and the arrows simply appear above or below it. No shift of orientationfor the name should occur, and yet it does. Help me please!

Darrin
Unread 03-30-2005, 07:55 PM
A Griffon

Server: Runnyeye

only sort of way i know of to stop the target name from going above or below would be to put the teir indicator along side the target name , then they would change locations but still on the horizontal plane..

^^^ Longestnameposs
Longestnameposs nnn

(nnn = 3 down arrows hehe i dont have to display lol)

I know its not what you want but maybe it would help
Unread 03-30-2005, 08:00 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger
conetration is possible, if i remember right the images just have to be set to /GameData.Self.Concentration_X
Unread 03-30-2005, 09:04 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Yeah I'm pretty sure they're dynamic data.
Unread 03-30-2005, 11:20 PM
Steward of the Faithful

Been trying to think of a way to keep TierIndicator from moving. I'm not sure if this will work, but it's wort a try. Set OnShow on TierIndicator to "Location=x1,y1 Name.Location=x2,y2" where x1,y1 is TierIndicator's UIBuilder-assigned location and x2,y2 is Name's UIBuilder-assigned location and set TierIndicator's Visible to false. Like I said, haven't tried it, so I don't know for sure if it'll work or not, but I figure it's worth a shot.
Unread 03-31-2005, 04:51 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger
Been trying to think of a way to keep TierIndicator from moving. I'm not sure if this will work, but it's wort a try. Set OnShow on TierIndicator to "Location=x1,y1 Name.Location=x2,y2" where x1,y1 is TierIndicator's UIBuilder-assigned location and x2,y2 is Name's UIBuilder-assigned location and set TierIndicator's Visible to false. Like I said, haven't tried it, so I don't know for sure if it'll work or not, but I figure it's worth a shot.
Yeah, I tried that and from what i can tell it didn't do a lick of good, as there was still vertical shift. Laffs suggestion i like, anyone have suggestions on how i implement that?
Unread 03-31-2005, 07:57 AM
A Griffon

Here is my working edition of my target window, in "simple" mode.

The base target window is a modified Sunthas (which is based offa "moab"), and the tier icons (chess pieces) are borrowed from ger's target mods. The raid icons are default, cuz I liked those better. They appear (if one ever raids) right ontoppa the HP bar between Target name and the Tier Indicators.

My detailed version still isn't working right. I've decided (if i can) to do it the way Laff's suggested. Then, my targets will finally be done. (Implied will look the same).

One last thing I have decided to try is to place my location (coordinate format) just to the right of my name in the player window. I havent had the opportunity to figure out how to place it though. Shouldn't be too hard.

Enjoy!

Darrin
Unread 03-31-2005, 08:01 AM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Will there be a group versjon? Target of Target window?
Unread 03-31-2005, 08:09 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiah
Will there be a group versjon? Target of Target window?
Yes. I said that in my last post, but the wording is a bit funky. No big!
So, for lack of Confusion: My Implied target window (ie target-of-target) will look exacly the same as the target window that can be seen in the attachment with my last post. *bow*

Darrin
Unread 03-31-2005, 11:52 AM
A Griffon

'Nother update. I got the location in as I had implied I would. Wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be, at least for the basic location coordinates. Right now I am fiddling away trying to get rid of the Z coordinate, as I don't really care about it too much. Why on earth SOE decided to be wierd about this, I'll never know. (ie Instead of a normal X,Y,Z system, they have X,Z,Y which makes NO sense in my book). Its possible I'll hafta stick with the 3 coordinate system instead of two because the values shift alla time.

Also, I noticed a new XP bar mod (its the one at the top. FetishTurbo or something, made by Zonx [I think]). I think it owns, so I DL'd it. I have implemented his look into my player window because I think it fits better with my fat HPbars etc. I like the overlay also, I *might* place that on my target's HP. Maybe. Dunno.

STILL havent figured out how to vertical-ize the Tier Indicator for the "detailed" v0 target system. Mebbe I'll never know. *sobs*

Aaaaand I found out that my stats page ceased to function correctly. The toggle and everything works, but instead of stats showing up, I get a huge blank space. Hmm. Dunno whats going on there. I checked to make sure that the DynamicData was correct, and it seemed to be, so I dont know why nothing was showing. Spur of the moment thought -- could it be because of the Opacity? Grr. I even tried just importing the stats page from his original AdvancedPlayerWindow. That didnt work because I got something that says 'couldn't save object' with a little square.

ARGGRRRRRRRRRRR!!

Darrin

Last edited by dc_roenfanz : 03-31-2005 at 12:49 PM.
Unread 03-31-2005, 01:07 PM
A Griffon

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Wow. I'm a real dumdum. I just checked the original statsbar compared with mine. As it turns out, I had Visible=false. No wonder why I couldn't see the thing. Had me such a good laugh (after bashing my head against the wall) that it brought tears to my eyes ...Or, was that the pain? In any case, I fixed the mysterious vanishing stats.
Unread 04-02-2005, 03:38 AM
A Griffon

Default Possibly moving this thread to Pre-beta

If any site administrator just HAPPENS to read this, do you think you could move this thread to Pre-Beta? I would like to upload the final products of my player and target windows if I could. So, maybe move to pre-beta if you could.

I hafta redo my player window because for SOME REASON I lost it. *shrug* I dunno.

Anyhow, if ya can do it, than great. If not, THEEENNNNN ....

Darrin