EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP > EQ2MAP New maps

Unread 06-14-2009, 12:13 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default [added] Lower Guk

Last edited by raistlin8989 : 11-22-2010 at 05:37 PM. Reason: uploaded fixed map dds and jpg (also changed zonerect for new map)
Unread 06-14-2009, 10:53 AM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Guk

Not bad for a first attempt. Looks clean and usable. You posted the map XML and files perfect correctly.

Required Fix
1) I'm not entirely sure what you're attempting to do with the bright blue, yellow, and red colors. I'm guessing these indicate different heights? This is probably unnecessary and the colors are too garish. Just show the view from the top. Also, did you intend for the center of the large top ring area to be a red line?

Please fix these colors.

General (optional) Notes
1) When there is only one map for a zone, you do not need the trailing underscore on the style name, details in the tutorial, Section 6 under Map XML -> Basic Attributes -> Name=. We can fix that when we import, though.

2) Your map could probably benefit from a line cleanup pass to square up the corners on some hallways. Some areas, especially the hallway on the upper left, and two O shaped hallways are clearly out of kilter. It's only one pixel or two pixels on the map, but it has the effect of looking unfinished. Your doorways could also benefit from increased consistency. Choose a style and stick to it, and if one side doesn't match, alter it in line cleanup.

Details can be found in the Tutorial in Section 3 - Line Cleanup. Check the cleanup animation Figure 4.6.

3) Floor textures and a drop shadow would be nice. They're not too hard to do and add a lot to the map. Details can be found in the Tutorial, Section 5 - Map Image Creation.

--

If you don't feel comfortable doing the textures, post a copy of the log file and some screenshots and I or another mapper can do it. However, it is not hard to do and is a good skill to learn.

Couple of questions for my personal interest -
  • Did you read the Tutorial prior to mapping?
  • What tools (Log->SVG, SVG Editor, and Image Editor) did you use to create your map?
Regards,

Last edited by SaintPeter : 06-14-2009 at 10:57 AM.
Unread 06-14-2009, 05:40 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Last edited by raistlin8989 : 11-22-2010 at 05:38 PM.
Unread 06-14-2009, 11:09 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Guk

Very nice!

Your line cleanup looks very well done. I like the new doors and all the hallways look excellent.

I also like the additional detail you added to the section in the upper right, as well as the solid fillers you added. It looks like you went back and got some additional detail?

An excellent first map.

--

You may want to take a look at my new tool, MapperLive, here:
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=12958

It parses the map as you collect the points, so you don't even have to hit a button for a live preview. It's still in Beta, so I need more testers.
Unread 06-18-2009, 03:06 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Added. Nice work.