EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 03-07-2010, 07:57 AM
A Darkpaw Brute
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Befallen
Default [Request] Bottom Artwork Panel

I've been gone a long time, and now that I'm back, the only thing I already miss from other games is the attractive bottom artwork panels to place all my chat boxes, action bars and other tidbits into giving them all their own unique section to belong in, with graphics to match the game they were in.

I think this would be a great addition if someone were able to create the framework for something like this, where artists could create the graphical panel to plug into it so folks could have a nice unique visual look to accent their game playing.

I know it's not for everyone, but the UI is a little old 'n dingy... out-dated if you will. The game by far has come a long way and has gotten me to drop my other games and make my return. I will dive back into my Guild Window, but do not have the skills to create a bottom-panel system that allows others to simply create artwork for it. It could have a menu selection system in-game allowing players to choose what artwork on that character they wish to use. We could even chop up and modify some of the amazing artwork provided from old-school EQ UIs or even Sony's beautiful artwork even on the loader. Some really nice ideas could be put together to bring in some added visual stimulation. :-D

An example is the artwork I threw together using old WarCraft III Artwork, chopped it all up, adjusted some things and used an Addon called BTex for WoW. Don't go hatin', yeah, that's where I've been the last 3 years... but I'm back so shut it. Anywho, lots of folks loved the panel artwork and if I had a panel addon to work with here, I'll start slappin' together some good ideas here as well.

Some links for ideas: BTex Addon for WoW
BornabeUI BTex Skins (Alliance & Horde)
BornabeUI BTex Skin (Death Knight / Undead)
BornabeUI BTex Skin (Druid) My best work yet.

I'm back in the game on the Befallen Server. I've only kept 3 of my toons and recreated my Necro. Hinton Sureshot (Wood Elf Ranger), Binton Wigglebum (Dwarf Mystic), Bornabe Wylde (Kerra Berserker) & my newly created Guinton (Dark Elf Necromancer). It feels great to be back on EQ2. Now I just need to save up and buy Sentinal's Fate!

**Added Note: I am NOT looking to bring WoW graphics to EQ2. I'm only talkin' about a Bottom Texture Artwork Panel system that will allow artists 'n photoshop gurus to piece together artwork designed for that extra 'touch' to the game I think many would enjoy having. It could offer scaling / sizing so the artwork can be standardized and fit on any resolution, allowing the end-user to just drop in their chat box(es), hotbars, etc... how they wanted them to be placed.