EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Closed Thread
Unread 02-13-2009, 06:14 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Horizontal Group window resets

hI, am need to revisit this problem from the other day.

Basically im trying to get the group window to go horizontal across the scree at the bottom. But when i log out and back in it moves.

I thought it was fixed but was playing on another character which seems to be able to hold the position of the group window where i want it. I can use this character to reload the ui on the character i want it on, but as soon as i log out it resets.

What i can see happening is.
When u convert to none which i belive is the horivontal group window, the window covers up the hotbars, so i adjust it so its just under the click to cure buttons.
I log out and back in the group window shifts to the middle of the right hand side of the screen.
If i dont edit the size of the window, so its invisiable window size covers the hotbars, it just shifts to the right when i log in.
(when i say it shifts, from having all 6 people in the window, it moves so i can only see 2.5 people in the window, as the rest are off the screen)

I cant understand why one character can hold the settings and the one i want it on cant. Any help will greatly be appreciated.

Edited my orignal post cause i think i was creating a different issue, so sorry about that (I was seeing things).

Last edited by bonkerz : 02-15-2009 at 06:25 AM. Reason: still neededing help
Unread 02-15-2009, 06:40 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

what ive done is compltly remove profit ui from the ui folder.

reinstalled it updated it all and what not

deleted the characters ui settings file.
loaded in the carters ui that works its all great
Log out and back in and the group window has moved

the ui file i removed is in the eq2 folder.

Ahhh, do i need to extraact the group window horizontal layout into the profit folder.

oooo noo pls dont tell me im that stupid. ill wait for your replay before i do anything.
Unread 02-15-2009, 06:56 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

No there is no horizontal variant anymore if you use the auto-updater, you must have used the manual install as well when reinstalling, otherwise I don't see why you would have that file.

Anyway the issue must be with you uisettings.ini file, and I'm a bit mystified why deleting it and loading the settings from a toon that works had no effect. I take it you already tried toggling the "frame only" setting back and forth? If all that doesn't help you'll probably have to start clean without loading your alt's uisettings.

Btw for testing without getting a group you can paste and execute this into the control center window:
parent.parent.GroupMembers.GroupMember1.MemberInfoPage.Visible=true
Unread 02-15-2009, 09:06 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Valor

Having the same issues here with using frame=none on the groupwindow:
Deleted uisettings and started from scratch, no change
Deleted ProfitUI alltogether, no change

Although the "variant" stays the same (horizontal or vertical) there are some bugs:
Everytime I relog, the horizontal groupwindow gets the max-height of the vertical groupwindow as if there would be 6 groupmembers.
Maybe itīs my UI setup how I like my windows displayed, but I tested different settings and got the same errors all the time.

Here`s my window setup including description and showing the bug.

The funny thing however, and here comes sort of a workaround:
If you do a "/load_uisetting" and select the character you`re currently on, the groupwindow instantly corrects it`s position.
So it seems more likely that on a "/camp" or the start of eq2 somehow the variables for position/height/width don`t get loaded correctly, although they are sitting there waiting in the uisettings.ini.

Last edited by Reini : 02-15-2009 at 09:07 AM. Reason: typo
Unread 02-16-2009, 02:43 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Hmm, I'm somewhat confused now, I think I have completely misread your problem. Like due to the fact that you said you had the "same" issue as the OP, but in fact the issues are likely unrelated. Or maybe that's because the OP edited the post to something else. I deleted a couple of the posts to condense the thread down to the real issues.

Anyway, for the sizing issue just run the updater, there was a bug with the vertical size in horizontal mode.

The shifting issue I can actually reproduce, it happens when you move the group window too close to the bottom of the screen. This appears to be a game bug. I'll have to do some testing to see whether I can get around it.
Unread 02-19-2009, 11:11 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Maybe it was me who misread the OP
But anyway, I hope my picture showed clear enough whats wrong.

The resize fix is fine and together with a quick /load_uisettings my UI looks and functions as it should, so the shifting issue isn`t exactly a problem either.
Unread 02-21-2009, 02:47 PM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Server: Mistmoore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
The shifting issue I can actually reproduce, it happens when you move the group window too close to the bottom of the screen. This appears to be a game bug. I'll have to do some testing to see whether I can get around it.
Thats interesting the game would do this...as I am having a similar problem. I changed to horizontal and moved it right above the hotbars (roughly the bottom 1/4 of the screen). When I log back in, its always moved to the far right (about 1/2 way on the screen).

As the others mentioned, I can /load_uisettings and choose another profile to restore it but each time I log in it resets. Gonna watch this post to see if there is a permanent solution.

Last edited by Prodigus : 02-21-2009 at 02:48 PM. Reason: typos
Unread 02-22-2009, 06:54 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
This should be fixed now.

The window moved if minimum/maximum window sizes are set in the XML and you set different sizes OnShow of the window. So the solution was to not have any minimum/maximum sizes in the XML. In other words, your typical EQ2 UI bug that makes no sense at all...
Unread 02-23-2009, 04:48 AM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Server: Mistmoore

Quote:
This should be fixed now.

The window moved if minimum/maximum window sizes are set in the XML and you set different sizes OnShow of the window. So the solution was to not have any minimum/maximum sizes in the XML. In other words, your typical EQ2 UI bug that makes no sense at all...
Awesome!

On a side note, I think the same thing might be happening with the Tradeskill window. After reading the FAQ ( and going to the smaller window, I would move it to the bottom right side of the screen. But, once I log back in it would be reset to about the middle (where it would by default if the full window was shown when toggled on with Frame & titlebar).

Confirmed this on all my crafters last night..Minor nuisance, but it used to remember the location before the tradeskill window revamp.

Unread 02-23-2009, 04:55 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Thanks, fixed in the same way.
Unread 02-24-2009, 07:02 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Well done gm9
thumbs up

the groupwindow is working smooth as before