EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Unread 03-27-2011, 07:47 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Main Menu not working when clicked

I have two questions, but let me start off by saying that I love this UI and appreciate you putting all this work into it.

First, When I log in, the Welcome window shows for a split second and then automatically closes itself. I'm not exactly sure when this started happening, but I was wondering if it was by design or just my system?

Which leads me to my second question. The Menu option on the bottom left corner of my stat bar no longer works after the latest patch. I have to manually type the /welcome_info command to get it to show up.

Thanks again.
Unread 03-27-2011, 08:24 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevaren View Post
I have two questions, but let me start off by saying that I love this UI and appreciate you putting all this work into it.

First, When I log in, the Welcome window shows for a split second and then automatically closes itself. I'm not exactly sure when this started happening, but I was wondering if it was by design or just my system?

Which leads me to my second question. The Menu option on the bottom left corner of my stat bar no longer works after the latest patch. I have to manually type the /welcome_info command to get it to show up.

Thanks again.
The Menu button is supposed to open the new DrumsUI main menu window. if this doesn't happen, you may be missing a file.

Yes, the welcome window closes auto by design. Delete and ignore this file on the updater if you use it: eq2ui_mainhud_welcome.xml
Unread 03-28-2011, 07:39 PM
A Griffon

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
The Menu button is supposed to open the new DrumsUI main menu window. if this doesn't happen, you may be missing a file.

Yes, the welcome window closes auto by design. Delete and ignore this file on the updater if you use it: eq2ui_mainhud_welcome.xml
Also, make sure the following is in your eq2ui_custom.xml file somewhere with the other includes:
Code:
<include>DrumsUI/DrumsUI_MenuWindow.xml</include>
If it's not there, clicking the menu button on the stat bar will do nothing. I know because I had this problem as I had eq2ui_custom.xml set to ignore within Drum's UI Updater.
Unread 04-10-2011, 11:52 PM
A Griffon
Featured

New release: Version 1.26

Update Log:
v1.26 - 2011.04.11
- New [ZonePopup]: The zoning popup window has been added. It's wider than default allowing more text to be seen without resizing.
- Update [Examine]: Examine windows' widths have been slightly increased to better fit stats and closer match the tooltip size.
- Update [MainMenu]: A few tweaks to the DrumsUI Main Menu window. A few buttons now hide the main menu after being clicked.
- Fix [StatBar]: Bar #2 options should now be toggleable again in the options popup.

Before updating, save your "/POI/drumsui_textsettings.xml" & "/POI/drumsui_itemnotes.xml" to backup your Quick Button settings!
(If you had any saved from 1.25 or previous)

Be sure to check out the DrumsUI Updater. The updater automatically ignores the drumsui_textsettings.xml & drumsui_itemnotes.xml file if you already have it, so you don't have to worry about overwriting important saved buttons

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 04-28-2011 at 05:45 PM.
Unread 04-28-2011, 05:46 PM
A Griffon
Featured

New release: Version 1.27

Update Log:
v1.27 - 2011.04.28
- New [TargetCasting]: A seperate window has been added to show the Target's casting bar. This is an option window. Show it with: /show_window Custom.TargetCasting
- Update [Persona]: Housing tab added with multipl-housing patch. Currency/mount tab lists rows decreased in size to show more at once.

Before updating, save your "/POI/drumsui_textsettings.xml" & "/POI/drumsui_itemnotes.xml" to backup your Quick Button settings!
(If you had any saved from 1.26 or previous)

Be sure to check out the DrumsUI Updater. The updater automatically ignores the drumsui_textsettings.xml & drumsui_itemnotes.xml file if you already have it, so you don't have to worry about overwriting important saved buttons
Unread 05-15-2011, 12:03 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Lucan DLere

Just got back into the game and it appears that my character UI profiles are all messed up due to the server merger.

How do you choose a different character's profile? I'd been cycling around characters and I figured out I needed to copy settings from my character when they were on the old server.. but not after I'd selected something randomly for like, three of them.

How do I select another character's layout? /loadui only brings up the UIs installed and the default's choices.. and I feel stupid even having to ask this
Unread 05-15-2011, 01:28 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

/load_uisettings
Unread 05-15-2011, 01:45 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Lucan DLere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin View Post
/load_uisettings
Thank you! <3
Unread 05-21-2011, 12:52 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Unkown
Default auto updater

I bought the retail version of Velious and downloaded your auto updater. The auto updater says it can't find everquest2.exe, i've tried inputting the path my file is in several different ways. Nothing is working. I looked on the drumsui forum and haven't found any other posts relating to this. If you have any ideas I would love to hear them. I'm a big fan of your UI and really hope this can be resolved.

Nevermind finally got it............

Last edited by Ezekeal : 05-21-2011 at 01:21 PM.
Unread 05-21-2011, 01:07 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Been using your ui for over a year i love it , i cannot find my threat meter not sure if i covered it up with another window is there any command to bring it up or ?
any help would be appreciated thanks !
I tried Alt T and Cntrl t cant remember wich one is supposed to do it but neaither worked!
Thanks
Unread 05-21-2011, 07:23 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinglancerin View Post
Been using your ui for over a year i love it , i cannot find my threat meter not sure if i covered it up with another window is there any command to bring it up or ?
any help would be appreciated thanks !
I tried Alt T and Cntrl t cant remember wich one is supposed to do it but neaither worked!
Thanks
I just so happened to build in a feature for this problem.

Use this command to force the window the middle of your screen:
/show_window MainHUD.Threat.FindMe
Unread 05-22-2011, 08:03 AM
A Griffon

Server: Splitpaw

Quote:
I just so happened to build in a feature for this problem.

Use this command to force the window the middle of your screen:
/show_window MainHUD.Threat.FindMe
That's what I call thinking ahead
Unread 05-31-2011, 12:30 PM
A Griffon
Featured

GU60 patch.

New release: Version 1.28

Update Log:
v1.28 - 2011.05.31
- Update [Examine]: Examine window updated for GU60's adornment icons.
- Update [Target/Implied]: Now includes Target Tag icons (GU60 update).
- Update [Persona]: Stat areas slightly adjusted for GU60's changes. New PVP stat button tab. Bountiful Harvest stat is now included with Tradeskill stats.
- Update [Knowledge]: Minor code changes to mirror default UI changes on Research tab.
- Fix [BGScore]: The mini scoreboard's top-left button shouldn't have a background color overflow any more (button size tweak).

(If you had any saved from 1.27 or previous)

Unread 06-01-2011, 04:35 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
I think that's a pretty good idea, and will probably implement it into my Threat bar.
Thanks again for implementing this!! I love it
Unread 06-23-2011, 06:55 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Guk
Default Crash on Vendor Item Examine

Hi again, I hope I'm posting this to the right place! Please forgive my ignorance if not.

I have been experiencing a problem with my game crashing the first time I log into the vendor, select an item from my inventory, right-click on that item to bring up the "examine, search" menu, and select "search". It immediately crashes the entire game. If I log in again and perform the same function, the game is now stable and will search for the item and price on the broker. If I camp and log a new character it also seems to work just fine. I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this problem, but I thought I'd pose it here first.

Thanks again!!
Unread 07-01-2011, 06:54 AM
A Griffon

Server: Butcherblock

Hi, just got your UI very nice. I was using profit but I fear it may not be maintained much longer. I have two questions though.

1.) when logging in, switching characters, or zoning, there is a long pause where the load screen is barely visable and the actual screen with my surroundings and toon and ui etc visable at the same time and it seems to freeze in this state for 15-20 seconds if not more, is this normal while your ui is loading the bottom bar stats or a bug? I never had that issue with Profit so just curious. oh and I have a plenty decent system with 24gigs of ram so I know it is not just a crappy machine issue.

2.) I can't get the updater to work or install corectly, I installed java and then click the launch button and a very quick flash of a small black screen appears and then disappears and that is all that happens, I can tell it is a command line but it is so fast that even trying to pause/break the screen to see what it says has eluded me. any ideas? running win 7 64 bit.

I have combed over the F.A.Q.'s and forums looking for an answer but have not found one yet so hopefully posting will get me an answer.
Unread 07-01-2011, 07:39 AM
A Griffon

oh one more request can you add a calender button to the guild window please and thank you.
Unread 07-01-2011, 01:26 PM
A Griffon
Featured

1). I've seen the long zoning bug before, but the one I'm referring to is a default UI bug where the screen always gets stuck on "Loading UI resources". This one I've always fixed by restarting the game or even just camping to myself.

If it's happening ALL the time, that is strange, and I have not heard of this problem.

2). Make sure you have the latest version of java installed. You could try using this direct link to grab the java file if needed.

3). I'll add a calendar button to the guild window.
Unread 07-01-2011, 06:55 PM
A Griffon

nope this is not the "loading zone resources bug" I have experienced that one before too. this is different it is like it is done loading everything and the zoning window fades but it stops right before it completely fades and stays there for 25-30 seconds and then poof all is good. but it does it everytime I zone or camp between toons or even when I camp to myself. I'll try to get a screenshot of it if I can so you can see what I mean. and thanks on the other issues. This is a fantastic UI, you have done very well. Thank you :-)
Unread 07-01-2011, 07:01 PM
A Griffon

Just thought of what it might be, could be this stupid streaming launcher DL little bit everytime I zone.... Although I don't see the little dragon dude on that screen and othertimes I do, but just cause dragon dude is not showin up doesn't mean he is not out for a walk lol
Unread 07-01-2011, 07:39 PM
A Griffon
Featured

It's possible. I haven't used the streaming client except in the previous beta.
Unread 07-02-2011, 01:07 AM
A Griffon

I'll let you know if it continues once the entire game has finished DLing
Unread 07-03-2011, 11:37 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default DRUM love your ui

but this last update messed my chat up cant reply or do anything i have to open a new window everytime i chat is there anyway to fix it ?
also i did a BG thats when it all started ?
thanks bro!
Unread 07-03-2011, 03:15 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinglancerin View Post
but this last update messed my chat up cant reply or do anything i have to open a new window everytime i chat is there anyway to fix it ?
also i did a BG thats when it all started ?
thanks bro!
Right click your chat window, goto Window Properties, and enable Frame & Titlebar.
Unread 07-04-2011, 11:14 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Woot Thanks Drum

Heres my layout works good for me just thought id share! The title frame deal worked i can type again!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000005.jpg
Views:	409
Size:	235.0 KB
ID:	7734