EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 05-17-2009, 05:26 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Unkown
Thumbs Down Alright i Give Up I need Help

ok so like i install my ui (Razc) to be specific and i do exactly as it says to install i downloaded the file extracted all into a folder called bobsui that is in the UI folder in the EQ2 directory then i made a new text document put the code

cl_ui_skinname bobsui
cl_ui_subdir UI/

in and and saved the document as eq2.ini inside the eq2 directory started up eq2...default ui....flipped the code in the text document started up eq2...default ui....

now im not the best with technology so uhh any suggestions am i skipping a step or what?
Unread 05-17-2009, 05:51 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawshik View Post
ok so like i install my ui (Razc) to be specific and i do exactly as it says to install
No you didn't:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razc~ download page
Everything is included to use this UI. Just extract the contents of this zip file into your EverQuest II folder.
Unread 05-18-2009, 07:24 AM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Don't feel badly and lol G.

I couldn't help but laugh at G's reply... I know it's stated serious with a period, but I read it like NOOOOOOOOOO, you didn't?????????????

Alot of things have changed over the years as to how these mods work. Razieh's doesn't need any manual modifications to run exactly as he has the interface written. Simply unzip all files to Sony/Everquest2 and overwrite all. (That is if Sony/Everquest2 is where your game lives on your PC.) His mod will take care of all the editing you did for you.

Some of us have been at this for a long time. It's easy for us to think basic knowledge is one thing, when to someone else it can be quite confusing. My daughter's just started playing EQ2 two months ago and watching and helping them made me see that even though I will always consider myself a Hopeless Noob, my baseline for what I had come to except as basic had gone up a notch or two. Playing with them is blast.

If you try any other UI modifications, read the install instructions for that mod. The forums can overwhelm me, but all the info is here and peops are very helpful. Razieh's mod you install is going to look different from the one he posted on flames. That is because the basic UI can be modded just like the default one in game by making some windows vertical, some have borders, etc. I loaded it and was like RAZIEH!!!!!!! This is not your screen!!! I want your screen exactly as the picture on my screen now!!!!!! lmao....

Always a work in progress. Feel free to PM me if you want. G's brain makes mine look like a Void Erudite has sucked out most of my brain cells, but I might be able to help.
Unread 05-18-2009, 09:52 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Did you get everything set up I hope?