EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 05-15-2009, 01:28 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Old map probs with vista 64

Let me start off by saying I am not a fan of the new map (just my opinion etc..) so when I bought my new system, Dell with Vista 64, I went through the headache of DL the map updater and thinking I was just going to get into game, click off the new map from user interface and go on about my day....WRONG, for some reason the old map does not have any icons on lt and pulls up world map when in little zones. I understand that the old map does NOT get updated anymore and that no zones in TSO will show but I still use my old map...well 'used'. It still will load fine on my other pc XP. Is this a vista issue? did i not DL the map updater right? Oh yea, the new map works 'fine' as far as icons and such. Thanks for any and all help. Please, if ur just on to say 'just deal with the new map' or flame me for not wanting to use it.....move on because i'm on here looking for answers/help, that's what these fourms are for??
Unread 05-15-2009, 02:20 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

The EQ2MAP team no longer supports the old map system which of course also means that the EQ2MAP updater will not download any files for the old map system.

Either download an old manual install version of EQ2MAP or just copy your UI folder from your other computer.
Unread 05-15-2009, 10:39 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
The EQ2MAP team no longer supports the old map system which of course also means that the EQ2MAP updater will not download any files for the old map system.

Either download an old manual install version of EQ2MAP or just copy your UI folder from your other computer.
Thanks for the post. At the risk of showing my lack of computer savyness.....what step would I need to do to send the map I have on my other pc to this new one? I'm guessing that since I already had the old map updater installed on my other pc, that when I DL the new map updater a month or so ago, it still allowed me to use the old map as well?...w/o any updates ofcourse.
Unread 05-15-2009, 10:41 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Any working version of the auto updater will not update the old map. We just don't support it anymore.

If you're totally set on using the old map, you'll have to either copy your eq2map folder from your cold computer or try and find an old manual version.

But your best bet is to just bite the bullet and get used to the new map. I hated it at first, now I like it as much as the old map.
Unread 05-15-2009, 11:01 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordebon View Post
or try and find an old manual version.
easy enough, they are all archived on the manual version's download page

as to EQ2MAP for the old map system: consider it a completely different mod, it has nothing to do at all with the current EQ2MAP.
Unread 05-16-2009, 04:28 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Yea don't get me wrong, I don't 'hate' the new version...I've just been so used to using the old one....just a personal preference. I do click over to the new map every once in awhile for various things, but I do like to have the option of having the old one. Thanks for all the posts I'm gonna try to copy the map off of my old pc and send it to this one.......I'm guessing email it to myself?? Would I copy the icon or does it go deeper than that?
Unread 05-16-2009, 05:42 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Again, and we are repeating ourselves, there is no updater for the old version, the old updater is no longer supported, there is nothing on the server for it to download.

Grab the manual package http://www.eq2interface.com/download...d=3391&aid=818 and extract into your custom UI folder (where you already have the current eq2map installed). That's the old eq2map - it's static, no new POIs, no new maps.

Last edited by gm9 : 05-16-2009 at 05:44 PM.
Unread 05-16-2009, 09:57 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

oooook, let me say this, if I worded it wrong I'm sorry.....I know there is NO updater and NO new maps and NO updated poi's. It's pretty simple, I was wanting to know how (if there is/was a way) to see 'my' old map again...I don't care that it's NOT updated I just want to use it. I will try to DL the manual version, thx.

Last edited by DDealers : 05-16-2009 at 09:59 PM.
Unread 05-17-2009, 03:20 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Yeah no problem, you asked whether to copy the icon (of the updater), that's why I thought I'd make it really clear.