EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 04-23-2009, 10:31 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Different UI pieces for different characters

Is it possible to limit custom UI pieces to certain characters, so that eg my tank has a different group and raid window then my healer?
Unread 05-10-2009, 01:39 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Nobody understood the question or nobody knows the answer?
Unread 05-10-2009, 02:06 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Out of game simply search for running different UIs for different characters.

Theoretically you can also switch out windows while in game but because of the way the client deals with those windows you mentioned you'd need a specifically crafted mod to deal with that.
Unread 05-10-2009, 07:12 PM
A Coastal Crab

Well in Everquest I have one UI for my Monk and a totally different one for my mage. I log in with whoever and the game sets up that UI for them based on the ini file.

Now in EQ2 I have to use the same UI for all my characters and I just have some of the windows placed differently and that is about it. I have yet not found a way to have, lets say Fetish UI for my monk and a totally different custom set UI for my conjuror.

I too would love to have the UI treated like EQ's for EQ2

Sedasi
Unread 05-11-2009, 06:17 AM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedasi View Post
Well in Everquest I have one UI for my Monk and a totally different one for my mage. I log in with whoever and the game sets up that UI for them based on the ini file.

Now in EQ2 I have to use the same UI for all my characters and I just have some of the windows placed differently and that is about it. I have yet not found a way to have, lets say Fetish UI for my monk and a totally different custom set UI for my conjuror.

I too would love to have the UI treated like EQ's for EQ2

Sedasi
The game is not currently set up to do that via the ini file. Any way to use completely different UI's between characters would involve you logging out, changing things in some way (ie using a batch file) and then logging in to the other character.
Unread 05-11-2009, 05:12 PM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burdy View Post
Is it possible to limit custom UI pieces to certain characters, so that eg my tank has a different group and raid window then my healer?
The only true way I know of is really obtuse. You make multiple custom versions of each piece, each with different names, and every character will load all of them, but you can have the interface choose at runtime which to display based on the character. This is essentially the way that ProfitUI and others are able to have customized elements based on class(though most of them only change the data in the window rather than having duplicate UI pieces, though the implementation would be pretty similar).
Unread 05-11-2009, 06:50 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Permafrost

Crazy and more importantly untested idea...

Since we have commands like /loadui and /load_uisettings, they are scriptable. Say you have a custom window that looks at the player's name and runs a script if it changes. That script would concatenate some arguments for the script to execute resulting in something like:
Quote:
loadui PlayerName
load_uisettings ServerName_PlayerName_eq2_uisettings.xml
refreshuidata
I'm not really sure anymore how far that would get you in terms of a working interface. I always just "/quit desktop" and use a special shortcut for EQ2 to auto-login to my character(entire process is less than 20s).

There's also the possible problem of how many times and when the player's name will change in dynamicdata... thus triggering the script. Who knows, maybe loading a different UI while loading the UI will completely crash EQ2. =P

I guess the custom window could just be a button you press after you get into your new character. But at that point, you could just make EQ2 macros to do the /load etc commands.

So the final question is -- how broken is the UI after using those three commands normally? If it's acceptable, just make a different UI sub-folder per character.
Unread 05-11-2009, 07:21 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

the easiest and safest is to /loadui the new UI before camping to the new char. you can't script it because /loadui isn't instantaneous. But the question on how to setup a UI per toon has been asked and answered a million times really...
Unread 05-12-2009, 06:12 AM
A Sea Turtle

5th or 6th responce down

http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=10830