EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 04-08-2009, 12:35 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Installing the eq2map utility

Hi, I have just returned to EQ2 after a 12 month break.

I have downloaded the EQ2 map utility but am unsure how to install it? I have clicked through the link to FAQ's but can only find instructions for installing custom interface addons, and I am concerned that if I follow those instructions I might mess up my custom interface setup.

Can someone kindly point me in the right direction for instructions on installing the map utility.

TY!
Unread 04-08-2009, 02:42 AM
EQ2MAP Developer
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Splitpaw

If you use the EQ2MAP Updater you don't need to change anything, just run the installer with default values.
The updater should find the right spot to install the MAP files.
Unread 04-08-2009, 03:29 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default eq2map

Hi Jnils, thx so much for replying.

I remember from when I previously played eq2 I had a plug in map that showed all the zone connections, and that's what I was trying to find again.

Does eq2maps do this? And Im not sure what the map auto updater is? Does that mean I dont need to install the 19 meg zipped file that I downloaded?

thx again ....
Unread 04-08-2009, 04:10 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Kinda hard to miss, since it's the top favorite mod, but here you go: http://www.eq2interface.com/download...nOfficial.html

There is no zone connection overlay currently, but if someone makes one that works well we'll probably include it.
Unread 04-08-2009, 04:48 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default auto map

Hi again, and apologies for being a bit thick...

But I dont follow what I am meant to do.

Should I install the 19 meg eq2maps zip file and then run the auto updater?And if so where do I get the instructions for installing the eq2maps program? Im just unsure where to put the various files in the eq2 directory and if I need to rename them.

I have installed the updater however at the moment when I run the program I get an error message "the application failed to initialise properly' and I am guessing this is because eq2maps is not yet installed?

I did search for instructions but can only find interface installation instructions.

Once again, apologies for being slow with this, and I do appreciate the help.

Regards....
Unread 04-08-2009, 05:04 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Please just follow the installation instructions on the updater download page (or for the manual download follow the FAQ that you already found...)
Unread 04-08-2009, 09:29 AM
EQ2MAP Developer
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Splitpaw

Quote:
Should I install the 19 meg eq2maps zip file and then run the auto updater?And if so where do I get the instructions for installing the eq2maps program? Im just unsure where to put the various files in the eq2 directory and if I need to rename them.
There is no need to install any files if you use the updater as it will install all files needed for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmh View Post
I have installed the updater however at the moment when I run the program I get an error message "the application failed to initialise properly' and I am guessing this is because eq2maps is not yet installed?
No , this looks like a more serious system error, you could try to restart the computer , if that don't help, try to reinstall .NET 2.0 or you could use Landiins MAP updater, works fine as well.