EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 03-27-2006, 12:52 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default /who tracking

Since the Launch of PvP, when tracking PC, members of the opposite city often show up as friendly. THis usually happens when they are on the edge of your tracking range. I often find myself typing /who and then the name and if I get the message "there is no players by that name" I know it's someone I either want to run from or kill.

Anyway, people with large names that are running in your direction often make it so that by the time you type in the name, they are on top of you. Can a UI be made that has a /who button on the tracking window?

Also I am not very UI savvy, just started using these. Is there any out there made for scout classes. Ones that have streamlined tracking windows and such?

Thank you
Unread 03-27-2006, 07:51 PM
A Griffon

Server: Mistmoore

Macro this:

/who %T

Then hit that macro when targeting a player.
Unread 03-27-2006, 08:02 PM
A Coastal Crab

Um Magus, If you have them targeted there is no point in the /who since you know if they are friendly or not.

If I understand the OP, he(and I), want an extra button on the tracking window that would take the selected name in that window and do a /who to find out if that PC is in your faction.

OP I use this modified tracker UI. Gives you tons more room on your screen.

http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=4185

later
Unread 03-27-2006, 09:04 PM
A Coastal Crab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagada1
Since the Launch of PvP, when tracking PC, members of the opposite city often show up as friendly. THis usually happens when they are on the edge of your tracking range. I often find myself typing /who and then the name and if I get the message "there is no players by that name" I know it's someone I either want to run from or kill.

Anyway, people with large names that are running in your direction often make it so that by the time you type in the name, they are on top of you. Can a UI be made that has a /who button on the tracking window?

Also I am not very UI savvy, just started using these. Is there any out there made for scout classes. Ones that have streamlined tracking windows and such?

Thank you
i was just comming here to request or find the same thing
i allways /who.
would be even better if there name and color showed all the time
Unread 03-27-2006, 09:54 PM
A Griffon

Server: Mistmoore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15characters
Um Magus, If you have them targeted there is no point in the /who since you know if they are friendly or not.

If I understand the OP, he(and I), want an extra button on the tracking window that would take the selected name in that window and do a /who to find out if that PC is in your faction.
Ah, I missed the "tracking window" part
Unread 03-28-2006, 01:57 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

thanx for the responses.

I am not sure if the opposing city members showing up as friendly is intentional or not. Wish they would just make it show the con colors all the time and that would be better. But if not, any of you modders able to do this would be great. Especially if it's like the tracking window linked above.

P.S. I would also like it to filter pet names, but dont think that could be mod'd since host side it calls them mobs and not PC's.
Unread 07-06-2006, 07:06 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I would be very interested in this. Maybe double-clicking the name and having it do an automatic /who on the name. This would be awesome.

Don't know if its possible, but i just wanted to make a post as another person who is interested in something like this.
Unread 07-06-2006, 09:02 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Everfrost

It's been requested before and we'd love to do it, but so far no one has successfully extracted name data from the tracking window.

Seems at this time that it's not possible.
'Tetht the printhiple, tetht the printhiple,' muttered Igor. 'Thorry, thur, but Igorth do not "tetht the printhiple". Thtrap it to the bench and put a good thick bolt of lightning through it, thatth our motto. Thatth how you tetht thomething.'