EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 12-23-2005, 12:26 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default 1024x768 Friendly UI

Hi all,

Wanted to make a sugestion. I downloaded most of the complete sets and tons of the peices of UI that this site offers. One thing i noticed is complete sets are bulky and full of extra graphics in the UI to enhance the look.

What im looking for is an optimized UI for 1024x768 where things are made as small as possible and still viewable of course. Could call this the UI Space Saver or something.

All the downloads ive tried are mostly adding to the UI, whereas im asking for the UI to be slimmed down and trimmed to the point of taking all the excess out to allow for a more game filled screen instead of a UI filled screen.

Anyone got any innovative ideas on how to do this? I would do it myself but im so busy with my design and development firm and programming i got no time for projects such as these, maybe someone who has already dabbled in this could churn out something quickly. I think you would do the community a favor.

Why do i play in the lowest resolution? HIGHER FRAMERATES!
Unread 12-23-2005, 03:24 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

Lowest resolution does not always yield higher frame rate. Most cards are made to run at high resolutions. I don't mean all are meant to run in 1600x1200, and this only applys to some, but just so you know.

In my case playing in 640x480 doesn't help me out

But anyhow, there are many mods out there, in seperate pieces that you can easily throw together to make a nice less-space-taking UI.

Most of my Mods cut down on screen space taken up.
Unread 12-23-2005, 09:52 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Test

Check out Serenity. It is designed to be very space efficient and flexible and works fine even at low resolutions! I've personally used it for whole sessions at 1024x768.
Take a look and give feedback!