EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 08-10-2006, 09:13 AM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Everfrost
Default MapSpoiler exit

Just found this very helpful map addition. And, I'm loving it.

I'd like to know if it would be possible to make a way to make the spoiler not just open, but close along with the map. I use the Backspace key for my map, and when I backspace again to close the map, the spoiler remains open.

This is a bit of a hassle, as I open/close my map frequently on-the-run, and having to mouse over and click the spoiler closed takes time I need for course correction.

Thanks for making such a wonderful helper.

Unread 08-11-2006, 12:19 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Toxxulia
Default Spoiler needs to close when Map closes

I too would like spoiler to "CLOSE" when the map closes as well!!! Please add this funtion to it. I tried to mod it myself, but I can't figure out how. I added the hide window command (two times) in the mainhud.map.xml thinking that it owuld close the spoiler but it doesn't. Also, in game, the command line to hide window does not affect the spoiler. /hide_window Mainhud.Mapspoiler this command will not affect the spoiler. But /hide_window Mainhud.Map does work for the map.. SO something must be set within the plugin itself that is preventing the spoiler from closing other than via its own Close button.

Anywho, closing this window with the Map being closed is a desirable effect, please add it.

thanks!
Unread 08-28-2006, 03:33 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle

I've noticed the percentages on groupmembers is not working. Anyone else having this problem?

Sorry if this was posted already. didnt see it anywhere.

Thanks
Unread 08-28-2006, 04:15 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdtyer
I've noticed the percentages on groupmembers is not working. Anyone else having this problem?

Sorry if this was posted already. didnt see it anywhere.

Thanks
Yes, I noticed it also. It looks like I typed everything right - but it's another thing the eq2 client doesn't update properly, because I noticed when I zoned and two members of my party were dead, their health percentages went to (100%) which is negative 100%. But the numbers just do seem to get updated. Looks like it's absolute numbers or nothing
'Tetht the printhiple, tetht the printhiple,' muttered Igor. 'Thorry, thur, but Igorth do not "tetht the printhiple". Thtrap it to the bench and put a good thick bolt of lightning through it, thatth our motto. Thatth how you tetht thomething.'
Unread 09-10-2006, 03:05 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Any chance of makeing the player window click to cure like others have done?
Would be greatly appreciated

And a show bank and show/hide compas and clock buttons on the start panel would be most excelent as well

Id really be a happy guy if you could accomidate the 1st request i hate having to taget myself to remove the effects

Last edited by Madmaxiz11 : 09-10-2006 at 03:47 PM.
Unread 09-12-2006, 09:06 AM
A Griffon

I'm working on the self-click-to-cures. For some reason the first time I tried it, it didn't work at all. But it's on "the list". I don't actually support a "start panel" although I'm kinda working one it as a over-arching background project.

Considering the speed at which my updates are coming anymore, however you'd probably be much better off finding someone else's start panel that you like.
'Tetht the printhiple, tetht the printhiple,' muttered Igor. 'Thorry, thur, but Igorth do not "tetht the printhiple". Thtrap it to the bench and put a good thick bolt of lightning through it, thatth our motto. Thatth how you tetht thomething.'
Unread 09-24-2006, 11:11 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Mothers target Window TankFinder Radio Button

Okay I have looked and looked high and low...and even in the pictures you posted on these forums I cannot find the "Radio Button" to the right of the Group members HP display......I have the macro created that is given in the download page but it only targets me. Which leads me to believe the player character is the default target unless the TankFinder radio button is selected .. but again I cannot findthe radio Button.

Is it really there...becuase I have not been able to get this functionality to work.

I have tried all three Mother targettting files incase in one or the other this functionality was turned off.
Unread 09-24-2006, 03:29 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aljahbar
Okay I have looked and looked high and low...and even in the pictures you posted on these forums I cannot find the "Radio Button" to the right of the Group members HP display......I have the macro created that is given in the download page but it only targets me. Which leads me to believe the player character is the default target unless the TankFinder radio button is selected .. but again I cannot findthe radio Button.

Is it really there...becuase I have not been able to get this functionality to work.

I have tried all three Mother targettting files incase in one or the other this functionality was turned off.
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...hp?id=4488&t=1
^^ That's a picture of the player/pet window with the pet selected as tank... The white cube-thing just to the right of the 100% health for the pet is the radio button. It's in the same position in the groupmember window, just to the right of the HP display. And your pet is the default tank until you choose someone, so if you don't have a pet, the macro will select you when you execute.

Not sure what the problem is you're having with click to cure. Does nothing happen at all? Or does it say something like "Unable to use ability 'x'. Not found" or something different even from those?
Unread 10-05-2006, 12:15 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Any way I can include a /say or /raidsay command in the code after the timer expires on the countdown timer window?
Unread 10-05-2006, 01:16 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burek
Any way I can include a /say or /raidsay command in the code after the timer expires on the countdown timer window?
Yes it is possible. I've avoided it as it's a kind of slippery slope... Where do you draw the line? At /say or /raidsay? At /useability? Anywhere?

The code isn't too hard to add. Mostly, the difficulty is just figuring out somewhere on the UI to fit it. I'll take a look at adding it.
Unread 10-12-2006, 07:21 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mother9987
Yes it is possible. I've avoided it as it's a kind of slippery slope... Where do you draw the line? At /say or /raidsay? At /useability? Anywhere?

The code isn't too hard to add. Mostly, the difficulty is just figuring out somewhere on the UI to fit it. I'll take a look at adding it.
Would just like a /say, /raidsay or any other channel you can think off (/ooc, /gu, /shout, etc) to be executed at the end of the timer. Nothing more.

I wouldn't want the /useability at the end of the timer. Pressing CAs/spells, the timer AND an AE macro is 1 thing (the 2 things I'd like to merge to make it easier on me, since I do a lot of stuff during a fight - rezz, debuff, Oration of Sacrifice, Cacophony of Blades, etc...), but executing your CAs/spells spot on at a click of a button without much thought is just plain lazy. imo...
Unread 10-13-2006, 06:15 AM
A Griffon

I'm looking into adding the /say or /raidsay. Heck, I even spoke with a dev to make sure that it's legal and he says it is.

At the same time, I'm adding several optimizations that will hopefully shrink the code for the window. And, it appears that they're changing some things for GU29 that will break all windows anyhow, so don't expect a release before then. But hopefully, I can get all the functional changes I want set up before GU29 and then just fix whatever they break and have a release shortly after. (Along with my 15 other UI pieces... )

No promises, however! I do most of my interface coding at work, so if I'm suddenly busy there it could be a while.
Unread 11-03-2006, 08:06 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Blackburrow
Default Can't work with Automap & Profit 2.8.2

I am using Profit 2.8.2 with the eq2-updater map 1.0.6.

UI works fine - map is great, but I don't know how to get the spoiler to work Profit & the auto-map

Advise please ??
Unread 11-14-2006, 11:00 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

I installed it with ProfitUI II 3.0sp1. I don't get a black screen. What I do get is a normal looking window backgroud but that is it.
Unread 11-16-2006, 10:07 AM
A Griffon

I am in the process of updating all my mods to support GU 29. It's not nearly as much fun as playing, so I appreciate your patience.

The more critical I find a piece, the sooner it'll be done.
Unread 11-16-2006, 10:27 AM
A Griffon

If there's a vote, the spoiler is mine for top priority. ;-) Haven't been able to get it to display sicne the patch.
Lvl 65 Mystic / 20 Tailor
Nahlis Muarr'Shef
Lvl 70 Brigand / 61 Jeweler

...honor is a harder master than the law. It cannot compromise for less than 100 cents on the dollar and its debts never outlaw.
- Mark Twain, a Biography
Unread 11-16-2006, 03:23 PM
A Griffon

Ok, I should amend it to say interfaces will be done in the order of how much their absence annoys me and how much work is required to get them going.

I found an old copy of the script that made the XML code for the spoiler, but it doesn't work. Now I'm suffering from what all coders who don't use comments suffer from occasionally - an attack of "WTH was I thinking? What did that do? How did the whole thing work?" If I wasn't already a bald man, I'd be pulling my hair out.

So don't be surprised if a few mods that only need small tweaks get done first.
Unread 11-18-2006, 07:53 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Server: Beta 1
Default Spoiler Project

Any ideas when the Spoiler Project will be updated? it stopped working even in old world zones after LU29
Unread 11-18-2006, 08:08 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Mother I love your mail, but could you see about adding the report spam key pretty please! It doesn't happen often but occasionally, so it's not the end of the world to live without it. Thank YOU for the forward button...
Unread 11-19-2006, 08:19 AM
A Griffon

I'm aware that the spoiler does not work at all. There is no ETA as I don't know whats' wrong with it. I haven't even looked at it all weekend. I generally only do an UI work when things are going slow at my work office, so I shall resume debugging tomorrow.

The mail window has been in need of an facelift for a while. I've had something about half-hammered out for about a month. Expect a full update in the near future.
Unread 11-19-2006, 02:40 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Najena
Default tradeskill window scroll bar

I have to say that I love the tradeskill window you've done. I replaced the vert UI window with it, but i don't have a scroll bar on the recipe menu now. Any advice on how to get that to show up?
Unread 11-20-2006, 04:34 PM
Premium Member

Server: Crushbone

Hope its easy enough to update the spoiler, standing around manually looking at all the POI's keeps getting me killed hehe.
Unread 11-21-2006, 05:27 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellin
I have to say that I love the tradeskill window you've done. I replaced the vert UI window with it, but i don't have a scroll bar on the recipe menu now. Any advice on how to get that to show up?
Do you see any scrollbars in the TS window? For example, if you open up the edit filters window? I use the standard scrollbars for the whole tradeskill window, so not sure why you would be having problems...

One thing you could - but shouldn't have to try is to make a filter and switch to it and then back to unfiltered. There used to be a problem where the game wouldn't decide you needed a scrollbar until you forced it to update the list. But I thought Sony had fixed that months ago.
Unread 11-22-2006, 12:33 PM
A Griffon

I'm pleased to announce that most of my mods are now GU29 compliant. I believe that everything that was in working order before is once again. The things that needed updating before still do (like the mail window) - but without the stigma of having newly broken items, I can go back and get them knocked out!
Unread 11-22-2006, 02:03 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I just found out about the Map Spoiler, and it looks like something that will add to my game.

I have found one bug though when it used with Fetish Nightfall. In fetish there is an arrow on the bar of all the windows so that you can minimize to just the title bar, that works on the spoiler window, but the arrow to return the window to full size does not work on the Spoiler window. I am hoping that the functionality will be back the next time I run EQ2 or that by reinstalling spoiler that it will bring it back.