Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Unread 08-19-2013, 09:08 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Innothule
Default Launch Path Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
I'm not too sure on that one. Maybe the file path is too long. I don't know enough about Java to say.
Update: There is definitely some issues with length but even shortening the path I still had issues when the launch path has a space. I ended up creating a wrapper script that launches EQ2. I have DrumsUI Updater launch the script which then handles the launch of EQ2. Crappy workaround but it works.
Unread 08-20-2013, 12:27 AM
A Griffon

Server: Oasis

I just leave the path blank and click exit. I only run the updater when there is something to actually update. I have a separate Shortcut to EverQuest2.exe itself when I want to launch the game (bypassing LaunchPad which I also run separately).

But, whatever works
Unread 08-20-2013, 12:48 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by permster View Post
Update: There is definitely some issues with length but even shortening the path I still had issues when the launch path has a space. I ended up creating a wrapper script that launches EQ2. I have DrumsUI Updater launch the script which then handles the launch of EQ2. Crappy workaround but it works.
It's a known behavior in the Java Runtime::exec() method. The obvious form takes a single string argument and tokenizes it on whitespace, first token being the program to run. Since the tokenizing ignores quotes, paths with whitespace in them cause problems. There's an alternate form that takes an array of strings which avoids that problem, but I'll bet the updater uses the single-string command-line version. Solutions are to put EQ2 in a path with no spaces in any of the parts, or make a wrapper .bat file located in such a path that runs the real launchpad.

Though I do as Mysstie does, I only run the updater when I'm expecting a UI update so I don't have it start anything. I use the EQ2Map updater to start the game, since I normally do want the maps updated before starting the game.
Unread 08-20-2013, 12:31 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody99 View Post
Initial installation went fine, using DrumsUI no problem.
When I run updater either from my PC or from the website I get this error though:

Code:
Exception thrown while getting location

java.sql.SQLException: No data is available
	at org.hsqldb.jdbc.Util.sqlException(Unknown Source)
	at org.hsqldb.jdbc.Util.sqlException(Unknown Source)
	at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcResultSet.checkAvailable(Unknown Source)
	at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcResultSet.getColumnInType(Unknown Source)
	at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcResultSet.getString(Unknown Source)
	at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcResultSet.getString(Unknown Source)
	at de.pala.updater.Arrange.IO.getPoint(IO.java:516)
	at de.pala.updater.Arrange.GUI.getLocation(GUI.java:172)
	at de.pala.updater.GUI.Main.<init>(Main.java:143)
	at de.pala.updater.drumsui.Startup$1.run(Startup.java:62)
	at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

been getting that same error as of yesterday. ended up having to end the java update scheduler process in the task manager in order to get it to work.

Last edited by skitzo : 08-20-2013 at 12:39 PM.
Unread 08-20-2013, 05:55 PM
A Griffon

Server: Oasis

If you go to Settings -> Updater -> Reset All Settings it will correct those errors. Might want to make a list of your ignored files first though. I had that happen yesterday as well.
Unread 08-30-2013, 10:44 PM
A Grassland Beetle

That's a known issue Skitzo. The profit updater has the same problem at times. I cannot tell you the number of times I deleted java and reinstalled to try and fix. Sometimes it works for a while, then errors again. It's really all in java side of things. But it doesn't stop the updater from working.
Unread 09-17-2013, 06:55 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

I don't play caster classes much, but I noticed (as well as others in my guild) that when clicking a curable on a merc the in game response is that the merc cannot be found. However, targeting the merc and clicking cure from the hotbar works just fine - just not from the click cures.

Is there a work around for this as I'm not the only one experiencing this.

TIA
Unread 09-17-2013, 07:28 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vookoo View Post
I don't play caster classes much, but I noticed (as well as others in my guild) that when clicking a curable on a merc the in game response is that the merc cannot be found. However, targeting the merc and clicking cure from the hotbar works just fine - just not from the click cures.
I think it has to do with mercs having spaces in their names, which breaks the commands used for click-to-cure. It can probably be switched to use the /cureplayer command which takes group/raid position, detriment type and (optional) spell/potion/pet flag, but Drums and Profit don't use that in the group window.
Unread 09-18-2013, 07:43 AM
A Griffon
Featured

I've meant to supply a backup variable so that the mercs could be supported, at least for the English client, but I thought I read they fixed something about mercs and cure/casting commands. Maybe they only fixed one and not the other (wouldn't be surprised).
Unread 09-29-2013, 01:53 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default DrumsUI Updater Running Win XP

I keep getting the same error.
EverQuest2.exe not found
Please set your EverQuest II directory in "setting, filepaths" first !

I run the updater in Win XP by using Java and the Blue Drums Updater button as follows

Start application after update from choose button
C:/ Programs Files/Sony Online Entertainment/Installed Games/EverQuest II/EverQuest2.exe

The updater goes back the warning window EverQuest2.exe not found
Please set your Everquest II dirctory in "setting, filepaths" first !
Unread 09-29-2013, 02:30 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Everfrost

Assuming you checked the filepath under settings/filepath try uninstall reinstall if dont work try reseting settings
Unread 10-03-2013, 09:33 PM
A Grizzled Badger

This has stopped working for me.

I tried to double click the jnlp file and Windows doesn't know what to do with it.

I tried to install from the website over again and it just wants to download the same file to my hard drive.

Even after removing it from the Java list, Windows still just wants to download the file to my hdd and be oblivious as to its use.

Last edited by itpaladin : 10-03-2013 at 09:40 PM.
Unread 10-04-2013, 02:05 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Try re-installing Java
Unread 10-04-2013, 05:35 AM
A Grizzled Badger

Quote:
Try re-installing Java
I went to the Java site, installed the latest version, and uninstalled the older version through the website two days ago.
Unread 10-04-2013, 06:29 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by itpaladin View Post
I went to the Java site, installed the latest version, and uninstalled the older version through the website two days ago.
The Java 7 Build 40 seems to be working fine. No errors since build 25, Try uninstalling Java via (Win 7) Control Panel>Programs and Features.

Be sure you have the correct Java download website. Some out there can be misleading.

1st Uninstall Java

Then use this Oracle link to install Java 7 build 40.

http://www.java.com/en/download/ie_manual.jsp?locale=en

Accredo

Last edited by Accredo : 10-04-2013 at 06:35 PM.
Unread 10-04-2013, 07:04 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accredo View Post
The Java 7 Build 40 seems to be working fine. No errors since build 25, Try uninstalling Java via (Win 7) Control Panel>Programs and Features.

Be sure you have the correct Java download website. Some out there can be misleading.

1st Uninstall Java

Then use this Oracle link to install Java 7 build 40.

http://www.java.com/en/download/ie_manual.jsp?locale=en

Accredo
I already went through all that as I said.
Unread 10-09-2013, 09:00 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Still some missing heroic character gfx, but you can still create one/update one.

Update Log:
- Update [Browser] Updated Browser favorites, submitted by user "konan" of EQ2Interface (thank you!).
- Update [Colors]: Updated some missing elements related to the UI.
- Update [Broker]: Added "Broker Credits" text to the bottom of the Buy page for non-Gold members. Updated Market_Favorites1 submitted by user "konan" of EQ2Interface (Thank you!).
- Update [Persona]: Removed Bag Sort button by popular demand (use /sort_bags otherwise). Added 2 missing Tradeskill stats.
- Update [StatBar]: Expanded several stat text widths to accomodate new stat growth.
- Fix [Group]: Pet HP bar and "P" target text will now only show if you have a pet summoned.
Unread 10-24-2013, 03:10 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Freeport
Default Progress Window

The window showing the Adventure, Crafting & AA progress resets to center of screen every time I start the game or camp to a new character. I place in the top left corner and when ever i log to a character it's back to center screen. Any clue on what I need to do to fix this?

Last edited by Memlock : 10-24-2013 at 03:28 PM.
Unread 10-24-2013, 04:47 PM
A Griffon
Featured

The XP bar?

Could be something with your xml uisettings file. Hard to say. You could try finding the Experience line in the file an deleteing it.
Unread 10-25-2013, 11:42 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Freeport

Quote:
The XP bar?

Could be something with your xml uisettings file. Hard to say. You could try finding the Experience line in the file an deleteing it.
I'll give that a shot. Can you tell me the name of the file that I can look in? That'd be very helpful. Thanks.
Unread 10-25-2013, 02:43 PM
A Griffon
Featured

It depends on your server, but this is mine:
Antonia Bayle_Drumstixx_eq2_uisettings.xml
Unread 11-14-2013, 12:53 AM
A Grassland Beetle

I know you are busy with the new expan and all, hopefully you will see this eventually. I see that the char window has changed greatly. Very confusing but I will work through it eventually. The really big issue I am having is with the merc window. How do I get the merc back? The merc window has changed so much I can not understand it at the moment. But I desperately need to get my merc back without going back to Qeynos several times.

I am getting around this by using the command line to get it back, finally wrote it down so I could find it. Any chance of adding it to the window please? Having an extremely hard time without merc on all but my raid geared toon.
Unread 11-14-2013, 02:01 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaradann View Post
I know you are busy with the new expan and all, hopefully you will see this eventually. I see that the char window has changed greatly. Very confusing but I will work through it eventually. The really big issue I am having is with the merc window. How do I get the merc back? The merc window has changed so much I can not understand it at the moment. But I desperately need to get my merc back without going back to Qeynos several times.

I am getting around this by using the command line to get it back, finally wrote it down so I could find it. Any chance of adding it to the window please? Having an extremely hard time without merc on all but my raid geared toon.
Yeah looking into it. I just used the format from default UI, so I'll try to get it tweaked up and more user friendly. They patch something tomorrow, so I'm waiting.
Unread 11-14-2013, 09:36 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Mercenary

Hi, I can't seem to get my elite merc back. It says to click to unlock but it wont work for me. help please..

Thanks
Unread 11-14-2013, 01:25 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Guk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutie_chichi View Post
Hi, I can't seem to get my elite merc back. It says to click to unlock but it wont work for me. help please..

Thanks
Try resizing the whole Character window length when in the Merc selection area. It pulled the Unlock button into availability when I tried that.