EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP > EQ2Map Troubleshooting

Unread 07-11-2007, 04:23 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Application Error

Application Error: The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135).

I have two harddrives and I did install the EQ2MAP with same harddrive that Everquest 2 on it. Still not any helpful to get this program open.
Unread 07-11-2007, 03:02 PM
A Forest Scavenger

From eq2maps common problems and solutions

Problem:
I have downloaded the EQ2map updater and installed it. But when I try to run it I get the following Error Message "The application failed to initialize properly (0x0000135). I uninstalled it and downloaded it again. It still does the same thing.

Solution:
You must have The Microsoft .Net Framework 1.1 or greater for this program to run
The Microsoft .Net Framework 1.1 can be downloaded either from this direct download link http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...6/dotnetfx.exe or if you prefer you can get it from windows update.

Last edited by O'Neill : 07-11-2007 at 03:10 PM.
Unread 07-11-2007, 05:30 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Red face As problem has got more difficult

Yeah, I overlooked the Microsoft update on optional part. Downloaded all Framework version 1.0, 2.0, and 3.0 through Microsoft updater site. Then I installed recently EQ2Map auto updater in the Wood UI folder. End up, no matter I tried to find around with the problem through other posts. Always still error message popped up with "Only one instance of this program can be running" then EQ2Map screen blinked, and sometime EQ2 automatically loading up.

I think something has to do with Framework? I did install the Framework 1.1 from O'Neill's post. The error message still popped and the program open and quickly disappeared. Even worse, it affected to game, not able to view specific terrain map, only world map view.

Trying to get this problem figure it out sooner the better