Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Site Forums > EQ2Interface News

Unread 03-10-2005, 05:38 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Default Upgrades to our downloads area

I'm sure many of you have noticed the upgrades to our downloads area. The most noticeable seen on the file info screen. The changes go deeper then that and add some new features.

Interface authors can now allow others to submit patches/add-ons to their interface. Authors will see the option to enable/disable this for their interface when they upload a new interface or edit their current interface.

Authors can now edit the description, title, options, pictures of their interface in our database with out it being sent to the moderation queue. Only changing the interface file will trigger it to be sent to the moderation queue for an admin to approve.

Members will notice a [Upload Patch|Upload Add-on] button on the file info screen for any interface the author has allowed them on. All patches/add-ons for an interface will be listed on the file info screen once they are approved by an admin. <i>Members can not upload directly to the new category Patches & Addons. You must use the links mentioned above through the file info screen. </i>

Members now have a favorite interfaces list. When members view the file info of an interface they will now see a button to add the interface to their favorites list. On the home page of eq2interface.com in the main menu block members will see a link to their favorites list and directly under it an update counter. This count will tell members how many of their favorite interfaces have been updated since they last logged on to our webpage. When members view the favorites list all the new interfaces since they last visited will be highlighted for them.

Many bug fixes have also been made. When an interface is updated it now shows [updated] instead of [new]. The file count on the category list should be more accurate since updating an interface no longer adds to the file counter. When browsing a category with multiple pages the sort order will be remembered. Many more fixes that I'm forgetting about.

I've rolled out these changes because I was at the point I could no longer find any more bugs myself. Please report any bugs you find with our download system here with a detailed explanation of the problem.

More upgrades are in the works...

Last edited by Dolby : 03-19-2005 at 06:00 AM.
Unread 03-10-2005, 08:28 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Everfrost

Nice updates!!

I really like this one:
Interface authors can now allow others to submit patches/add-ons to their interface. Authors will see the option to enable/disable this for their interface when they upload a new interface or edit their current interface.
Unread 03-10-2005, 09:24 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

Very sweet

I love the additions and modifications. Keep up the great work.

I just wanted to put in my 2cp for the downloads page. I kinda like the idea of putting the images along the side (not used to it yet, hehe), but I noticed on pages that have short descriptions, it really lengthens the page.

Example would be one of my own submitted mods:
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...php?s=&id=3489

Anyhow, again, nice work.

*edit* maybe I should have put this in suggestions forum. just trying not to make new topics
Unread 03-10-2005, 11:09 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42
I just wanted to put in my 2cp for the downloads page. I kinda like the idea of putting the images along the side (not used to it yet, hehe), but I noticed on pages that have short descriptions, it really lengthens the page.
Most interfaces that have short descriptions only have 1 picture. I'm thinking about maybe using the word count for the description as a toggle for showing the pictures on the side or allong the bottom. Then again that may confuse some people. I'll have to think about it.