EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Unread 12-23-2010, 04:19 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default New to drumsui - too many questions

I was convinced by the illusionists forum in eq2flames to install drumsui and after overcoming my hesitance and installing it I can see why it will be useful. upon installation and after using it over the course of 2 days I have some questions and some problems.

First, i don't get at all how to replace any particular item with a different one. For example, the drums ui tracking window doesn't have track buttons. I can select a mob but can't execute a tracking command. I'd like to go back to the default tracking window but don't have a clue. A couple of other windows I'd like to revert, but the same clueless situation prevails.

Second, installing drumsui killed my eq2maps. Is there an idiots guide for people like me to fix the maps because as a practical matter, all the useful things in drums are less useful than the maps and i'll be switching back quick if I can't get maps working.

Then there is - are there quick keys for the tools I see upon installing the full ui and if so how do i figure out what they are.

While i may be an interface idiot I have at least a little experience with documentation and software release. I might actually be useful in this regard. Did you know, for example, that it is customary to include a file in all software releases called "readme.txt" and it is customary to include in this file such things as "these are the files included" which helps to preclude hacks. I read a lot lately about account hacking and unfortunately these are ppl who use ui's distributed here. Not saying that was the route but it is possible. Other docs would be very useful too. I can sort of read xml but I can definitely read user / installer docs better and can also write them. Maybe my skills/experience/gifts can contribute, too.
Unread 12-23-2010, 11:59 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistleblossom View Post
I was convinced by the illusionists forum in eq2flames to install drumsui and after overcoming my hesitance and installing it I can see why it will be useful. upon installation and after using it over the course of 2 days I have some questions and some problems.

First, i don't get at all how to replace any particular item with a different one. For example, the drums ui tracking window doesn't have track buttons. I can select a mob but can't execute a tracking command. I'd like to go back to the default tracking window but don't have a clue. A couple of other windows I'd like to revert, but the same clueless situation prevails.

Second, installing drumsui killed my eq2maps. Is there an idiots guide for people like me to fix the maps because as a practical matter, all the useful things in drums are less useful than the maps and i'll be switching back quick if I can't get maps working.

Then there is - are there quick keys for the tools I see upon installing the full ui and if so how do i figure out what they are.

While i may be an interface idiot I have at least a little experience with documentation and software release. I might actually be useful in this regard. Did you know, for example, that it is customary to include a file in all software releases called "readme.txt" and it is customary to include in this file such things as "these are the files included" which helps to preclude hacks. I read a lot lately about account hacking and unfortunately these are ppl who use ui's distributed here. Not saying that was the route but it is possible. Other docs would be very useful too. I can sort of read xml but I can definitely read user / installer docs better and can also write them. Maybe my skills/experience/gifts can contribute, too.
1) The "Track" button is the very right-most button right next to the con color selectors.

1a) To revert to default on any window, you first need to go into your DrumsUI folder and delete the correct file. Then if you use the updater, when it tells you that file needs to be updated, you right click on it and Ignore it.

2) EQ2Maps installs to your custom UI folder, so when you install a new UI, you'll need to open eq2maps and run it fresh so it can grab the files.

3) I'm not sure what you mean by quick keys for the tools you see. To modify the quick-cast buttons you just hover the mouse the Player Group/Raid windows to access the button which opens the related options.

4) The main "readme" is on the downloads page. An included files list can be included if wanted.

To note on the hacking of accounts: my best guess is that people who use the Quick Login mods where they store their Username/Password in plain text/xml files should be cautious. These files could be easily accessed by unwanted intruders on your PC. I recommend not using those mods.
Unread 12-24-2010, 01:59 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thanks. I'll work my way through this. Now that I'm reading/understanding more in these forums I think I can fix a long running problem with eq2maps not updating when I run the updater.

By quick keys I mean, for example, crtl M activates/deactivates the mini map. Are there control keystrokes to activate/deactivate - say - the melee delay tracker? If so, is there a way for me to figure those out without coming back to ask repeatedly?

Thanks again, I usually only slowly "get" some answers. Will jump to the readme next.
Unread 12-24-2010, 04:27 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I remembered one question I had when I unzipped the file and read the instructions. The root directory of the unzip package includes a file named:
DrumsUI_1680x1050_layout.xml
Since this is the native resolution of my monitor, it would be a lot better than the resolution I currently use as full screen. However, when reading the instructions on installation, which seemed to work - the resolution type files at the top seem to not belong in the UI directory.

Can I use this file to get to the best resolution for my system?
Unread 12-25-2010, 02:47 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

The "DrumsUI_1680x1050_layout.xml" file belongs in your main EverQuest II directory (same folder as EQ2.exe).
To make use of this file, you would want to set your in-game resolution to 1680x1050 and then use this command:
/load_uisettings DrumsUI_1680x1050_layout.xml
As for your keybinds question, there is currently no way to set a custom keybind to a new window such as the Auto Attack bar. We as UI coders are stuck with making windows attempt to auto-show themself, and in the event that they don't, we fall back to the manual use of the /show_window command.