EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 05-02-2016, 04:11 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Default ProfitUI_CE Submissions

If you make a change to ProfitUI Community Edition, please post a message in this thread. This is where I will look first to see what I need to test and/or push to the update server. This will also help prevent pain and confusion whenever two people work on the same file.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 06-08-2016, 03:06 AM
A Weald Wolf

Server: Unkown

Added Shrink Mercenary to Merc Window.

Added EQ2U to Quest searches and Google to Item searches.

Renamed EQ2I to Wikia.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_mercenary.xml (14.1 KB, 570 views)
File Type: txt _ProfitUI_StandardSearches.txt (1.6 KB, 534 views)
Unread 06-08-2016, 07:35 PM
A Weald Wolf

Changed Run to Speed on XP window.
Changed Font of Speed, Tithe and Status to be easier to see.

Mostly did this for my myself but others will prolly like the change too.

I'm adding a default ProfitUI_1920x1080_eq2_uisettings.xml for Profit of 1920x1080 since there wasn't one.

Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml (62.6 KB, 725 views)
File Type: xml ProfitUI_1920x1080_eq2_uisettings.xml (42.8 KB, 578 views)
Unread 06-09-2016, 09:55 AM
A Griffon

Just downloaded these four files. I'll push them to the update server as soon as I can give them a quick sanity check.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 06-09-2016, 10:25 AM
A Griffon

All four files have been pushed to the updater.

Zidu, thank you for your contributions and thank you for remembering to add the "last change" comments. I do appreciate that.

If I have missed anyone's contribution, please let me know. I think I've caught all the recent changes, but if I missed something, remind me.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 06-09-2016, 11:47 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via ICQ to CrystalStar Send a message via AIM to CrystalStar Send a message via MSN to CrystalStar Send a message via Yahoo to CrystalStar Send a message via Skype™ to CrystalStar

This was a nice change especially with the issues I'm having with my UI right now. However, it put that part of the top bar as primary showing the speed, tithe and status. I would rather have the order back to the way it was with the exp showing across the top bar first and roll over to speed, tithe, status. Is there away to have a choice?
Unread 06-09-2016, 12:58 PM
A Weald Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalStar View Post
This was a nice change especially with the issues I'm having with my UI right now. However, it put that part of the top bar as primary showing the speed, tithe and status. I would rather have the order back to the way it was with the exp showing across the top bar first and roll over to speed, tithe, status. Is there away to have a choice?
I forgot to mention this change that speed, tithe and status will now show as default.

If you want the xp bar to always show change the window settings to None for title bar and frame.

If you want only speed, tithe and status change to Frame Only.

If you want speed, tithe and status to show and if you hover in show xp for everything change to Frame and Tile Bar which I think is now the default windows setting.
Unread 06-10-2016, 09:38 AM
A Griffon

Hm. Missed that when I checked the files. I would prefer to see the old display order retained for the general release, with the xp part shown by default and the speed bar shown on mouseover.

Is it possible to make this an option that users can set, or have variant versions of the xp bar? If it's not practical to do that, we should go back to showing the xp bar by default. In that case, we can always offer the variant xp window as a separate download.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 06-10-2016, 11:50 AM
A Weald Wolf

I really didn't think people used what I called the gobbledygook xp bar so much, especially now that Tithe only showed on the other bar.

I switched it back to default behavior for titlebar and frame to show xp bar and on hover in show tithe.

Profit uses titlebar and frame settings to show different things on the experience window and some users don't know this so hopefully they will figure out how to show tithe.

Titlebar and frame settings are also used on hotbars to show countdown timers and hopefully people figure that out too.

The following xp window is now titlebar/frame for xp and tithe on hover in

Frame only for tithe bar only

None for xp bar only

The following line is what modifies this behavior if anyone wishes to change to their desire.

Code:
<Page Name="WC_Titlebar" OnHoverIn="Parent.WC_Frame.Visible=true" OnHoverOut="Parent.WC_Frame.Visible=false" OnShow="Parent.WC_Frame.Visible=false" PackSize="a,f" ScrollExtent="476,20" Size="476,20" Visible="false" />
New file below.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml (62.6 KB, 508 views)
Unread 06-10-2016, 03:45 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Send a message via Yahoo to Gardee Send a message via Skype™ to Gardee
Default re installed everything

Hi to you Threndil
I have recently re formated my PC and installed this time windows 7 but now I am getting this message when I start ever quest ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

EverQuest II has detected an unrecoverable error and must shutdown.
<verify>
G:\live\eq2\framework\core\devices\DirectX9RenderDevice.cpp
(15683):
DirectX Error. (D3DERR_INVALIDCALL)
00bad1e5 006c0000
do you know if installing your UI will solve this problem occurring ,,,at the moment I can not open EQII the station launches crashes as soon as I click ok button on that message above thanks for your help
from this aussie guy
Unread 06-10-2016, 05:12 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via ICQ to CrystalStar Send a message via AIM to CrystalStar Send a message via MSN to CrystalStar Send a message via Yahoo to CrystalStar Send a message via Skype™ to CrystalStar
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zidu View Post
I really didn't think people used what I called the gobbledygook xp bar so much, especially now that Tithe only showed on the other bar.

I switched it back to default behavior for titlebar and frame to show xp bar and on hover in show tithe.

Profit uses titlebar and frame settings to show different things on the experience window and some users don't know this so hopefully they will figure out how to show tithe.

Titlebar and frame settings are also used on hotbars to show countdown timers and hopefully people figure that out too.

None for xp bar only

The following line is what modifies this behavior if anyone wishes to change to their desire.

Code:
<Page Name="WC_Titlebar" OnHoverIn="Parent.WC_Frame.Visible=true" OnHoverOut="Parent.WC_Frame.Visible=false" OnShow="Parent.WC_Frame.Visible=false" PackSize="a,f" ScrollExtent="476,20" Size="476,20" Visible="false" />
New file below.
So this change in the title bar settings to get the exp portion back removes the roll over effect. Since I use both parts of the window, setting it so I don't have the option to see one or the other doesn't work. Personally, I would like it the way it used to be since I personally use it the the way it used to be.
Unread 06-10-2016, 05:46 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
As a point of interface design, I assume that people will complain if they don't like what they see. By that test, the standard order giving the XP bar priority has been canon for years, both in the default UI and in ProfitUI.

Quote:
Thank you for doing that. I honestly believe that the majority of user (including me) prefer it that way.

Quote:

Yes. Good point. I think most users don't know that the coding of ProfitUI uses the frame and title bar settings to select variants of some windows.

Quote:

None for xp bar only
Good. This is the way I think it should stay for now, especially so that mouseover toggles what you see.

Quote:

Code:
New file below.
That was actually one of the questions I was going to ask. I was very curious what specific code drove that option.

So... I will push the latest version of the XP window to the updater so that people will see the behavior that they have seen in the past. We can work on figuring out how to make it a selectable option or variant file or whatever. I believe in giving people all possible choices, so I'm in favor of making this change if we can figure out how to do that.

Zidu, thank you for all your hard work and thank you for understanding that all of your ideas might not make it to prime time. This is exactly the sort of discussion that makes ProfitUI Community Edition what it claims to be.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 06-11-2016, 04:14 AM
A Weald Wolf

Default Updated _ProfitUI_QuickRaidButtons.txt

I went ahead and added level 96+ spells to the QuickRaidButtons file.

Previous to this update any spell 96 and above on the quick cast would cast the lower level version of the spell.

This affected all healers and a few dps classes with buffs on the quick cast buttons.

Keep in mind if you wish to use a lower level spell that's a GM or Ancient you should manually edit the file yourself. This is the drawback of a UI that doesn't use in game editing of quick cast buttons.

Updated _ProfitUI_QuickRaidButtons.txt below.
Attached Files
File Type: txt _ProfitUI_QuickRaidButtons.txt (58.5 KB, 550 views)
Unread 06-13-2016, 10:46 AM
A Griffon

I have pushed this to the updater. I have no way to test it myself, but it's a low-risk change. If anyone does spot a problem, let me know.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 06-15-2016, 11:08 PM
A Weald Wolf

Default Mission Timers Tab

I didn't know the mission timers tab wasn't up to date for the quest journal so I'm linking to a post from last year with the fix.

http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=17975

The change was made by Mystara0001 and it's the one I've been using since then.

I edited the file and added the following.
<!-- Last update 2015-01-24 by user Mystara0001 -->
<!-- Added Mission Timers Tab -->

File below.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_journals_quest.xml (104.7 KB, 476 views)
Unread 06-16-2016, 09:13 AM
A Griffon

Good catch. I remember the fix. I didn't realize that it had fallen through the cracks.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 07-19-2016, 05:43 PM
A Weald Wolf

I updated _ProfitUI_QuickRaidButtons.txt per a user request.

<!-- Last update 2016-07-19 by user Zidu -->
<!-- Added Amends to Paladin quickcast per user request -->
<!-- Fixed Spell ID of Ro's Balde VIII for Wizard -->

I'm also posting eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml that was updated in May by others users that should be added to the updater.

<!-- Last update 2016-05-05 by user Ypselon -->
<!-- Added more space for Platinum display -->
<!-- Last update 2016-05-01 by user Blackhood -->
<!-- Added Restore Items Page -->
<!-- Added Fervor -->
<!-- Added Resolve -->
<!-- Removed Decline Legends Of Norrath Challenges from Options -->

Post by Blackhood adding Fervor and Resolve
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...3&postcount=24

Post by Ypselon adjusting Platinum Display
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...2&postcount=37

Both files below with change log updated.
Attached Files
File Type: txt _ProfitUI_QuickRaidButtons.txt (59.0 KB, 445 views)
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml (243.7 KB, 513 views)

Last edited by Zidu : 07-19-2016 at 05:51 PM.
Unread 07-22-2016, 05:29 PM
A Griffon

These two submissions have been pushed to the updater. Thank you for your continued help, Zidu.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 08-24-2016, 02:45 PM
A Weald Wolf

Default GU 101 Public Quests

Updated the Active Quest Window to show GU 101 Public Quest timers and steps.

New file below:
<!-- Last update 2016-08-24 by user Zidu -->
<!-- GU101 Public Quests will now show in Active Quest Window -->
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_journals_active.xml (12.1 KB, 528 views)

Last edited by Zidu : 08-24-2016 at 02:53 PM.
Unread 09-03-2016, 10:26 AM
A Weald Wolf

I updated the EQ2 startbutton with a button to turn on/off your targets cast bar. The Info Center was removed as this info wasn't being pushed on the updater anyways and in it's place the Night Vision button was moved there. This works for both Min/Max on the XP window.

Change log of Experience Window for Min. and Docked
<!-- Last update 2016-09-03 by user Zidu -->
<!-- Updated the EQ2 Startbutton for when Minimize is chosen(Docked to left side of XP window)-->
<!-- Added T for easy on/off Show Target Casting Window. This is now in former NightVision Spot -->
<!-- Removed Info Center and replaced with NightVision. Info Center was nolonger being pushed on updater for bandwith reasons? -->

Change log of Startbutton.xml for when Maxed and separated.
<!-- Updated the EQ2 Startbutton for when Minimize is chosen(Docked to left side of XP window)-->
<!-- Added T for easy on/off Show Target Casting Window. This is now in former NightVision Spot -->
<!-- Removed Info Center and replaced with NightVision. Info Center was nolonger being pushed on updater for bandwith reasons? -->

Updated the display of coin on the persona window to be more pleasing.
Added DarqUI's Render Mount drop down on Mount Tab.

Change log of Persona Window
<!-- Adjusted display of coinage ---->
<!-- Added DarqUI Render Mount Dropdown in Mount Tab ---->

Files below:
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml (62.9 KB, 484 views)
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_startbutton.xml (7.0 KB, 460 views)
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml (244.9 KB, 496 views)

Last edited by Zidu : 09-03-2016 at 10:39 AM.
Unread 09-03-2016, 10:58 AM
A Griffon

This looks good. The only issue I have is that it uses something from another published UI. I'm fine with that as long as Darq gives permission. I'm sure he will, but as a matter of policy, (and as a courtesy to other authors) I do require explicit permission before using someone else's code.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 09-03-2016, 02:28 PM
A Weald Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therendil View Post
This looks good. The only issue I have is that it uses something from another published UI. I'm fine with that as long as Darq gives permission. I'm sure he will, but as a matter of policy, (and as a courtesy to other authors) I do require explicit permission before using someone else's code.

-= Therendil =-
Usually as long as those changes are called out in the change logs it's ok to incorporate stuff. Profit has always been what I call a bare bones UI and same for Drums when compared to DarqUI which is the full bells and whistles.

The other change I'm currently working on is integrating a spell timer monitor. It's a version of Drums which is no longer updated and the branding and files retain the names. I'm just not sure if Darq wants anything going to the updater that adds 4-5 new files. Everyone should know without his ongoing support this project would be in bad shape.

I'll post something in a few days if anyone wants a stand alone spell timer they can drop in Profit or any other UI if this can't be added to the CE updater.
Unread 09-03-2016, 06:31 PM
A Griffon

Zidu, you are welcome to use ideas from DarqUI that you feel will improve Profit. A happy Profit community means a happy custom UI community in general.

I realize the DrumsUI mods were more spread out into multiple files and folders, but it's worth a shot to simplify the timer down to fewer files. Most of the ProfitUI mods seem to have an XML file for the window itself, and one accompanying user configuration file. So if it's possible to package the timer into this two-file format I think Profit users will be more familiar and happier using it.

Thus far the update server is handling monthly ProfitUI traffic, so don't worry about a few more files. They should not cause a problem. Therendil and I will work out the download.

Unread 09-04-2016, 10:29 AM
A Weald Wolf

Default Drums Spell Timer for Profit CE

This what it looks like adding Drums Spell Timer into Profit.

A modified Profit Control Center

The Drums Spell Timer Settings Window to track spells. The drop down is disabled to only show this window.

The Drums Spell Timer Window which also has a button to settings window.

Three files are needed to make this work. I added _ProfitUI_ in front of the original names to make things easier to find.
_ProfitUI_DrumsUI_MenuWindow.xml
_ProfitUI_DrumsUI_ST.xml
_ProfitUI_DrumsUI_ST_Settings.xml

Modified _ProfitUI_custom.xml to add the 3 includes for Drums Spell Timer

Updated filed below:
Attached Files
File Type: xml _ProfitUI_custom.xml (1.0 KB, 521 views)
File Type: xml _ProfitUI_DrumsUI_MenuWindow.xml (341.2 KB, 566 views)
File Type: xml _ProfitUI_DrumsUI_ST.xml (187.5 KB, 591 views)
File Type: xml _ProfitUI_DrumsUI_ST_Settings.xml (453 Bytes, 497 views)
File Type: xml _ProfitUI_ControlCenter.xml (20.4 KB, 454 views)

Last edited by Zidu : 09-06-2016 at 10:04 AM.
Unread 09-04-2016, 10:17 PM
A Griffon

This all looks very good. At this point I just need to be sure that I know which files are going into this update.

I like having a link out of the Control Center to a FAQ thread. Good thought there.

I realize that the UI dev community is very generous about letting people use their code. I still consider it polite to ask when the code is currently maintained by an active author. I am far less concerned about code that has been abandoned for all practical purposes, as in fact ProfitUI was.

Quote:
I'm just not sure if Darq wants anything going to the updater that adds 4-5 new files. Everyone should know without his ongoing support this project would be in bad shape.
That's a profound understatement. Without Darq's help, ProfitUI would be dead or at least dying.

We would also be in tough shape without the help of the community members who have dived in to make fixes, but without the excellent new updater and the hosting that Darq has provided, all that good work wouldn't be going anywhere.

-= Therendil =-