EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 05-21-2009, 11:36 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Guk
Send a message via ICQ to SaintPeter Send a message via AIM to SaintPeter Send a message via MSN to SaintPeter Send a message via Yahoo to SaintPeter
Default SaintPeter's Mapping Guide - Feedback and Comment Thread

I am pleased to announce the posting of my new, comprehensive mapping guide to the EQ2MAP site. The guide can be found under the new 'Tutorial' menu item.

The new guide covers all aspects of map making, including /loc collection, line cleanup, image creation and map XML. Each section includes detailed explanations, figures, screen shots and animations.Whenever possible, the guide covers the 'why', not just the 'what' or 'how'.

If you have ever wanted to make a map but thought it would be too difficult or confusing, now is the time to learn just how easy it can be.

SaintPeter's Mapping Guide

--

I welcome any feedback, comments, or suggestions for this new mapping guide. I will monitor this thread for questions and make changes to the guide, as needed.

For a limited time I will also be offering one on one support to new mappers. No question too small! Pick my brain, let me make you into a better mapper.
Unread 10-27-2009, 03:31 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Najena
Send a message via MSN to Cheese Send a message via Yahoo to Cheese
Lightbulb update with Mapperlive 6

Hi,
I'd like to thank you for your great tutorial and your Mapper, they're both great .
I'm working on a new map and learning from scratch so I followed that tuto and did almost all of it with Mapper2.
Having a small problem at the end, I went back to the forum and found that thread with the über MapperLive 6 tool.
Could you mention Mapperlive 6 in your tutorial ?

... and tell me why my map appears good but have a strange behaviour : it shows me going left when I go east IG (even with the red arrow icon pointing to the right). The map is not east-west reversed but movements in it are .
Couldn't find anything related to that behaviour in the forum though.
Unread 10-27-2009, 09:26 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
... and tell me why my map appears good but have a strange behaviour : it shows me going left when I go east IG (even with the red arrow icon pointing to the right). The map is not east-west reversed but movements in it are .
Couldn't find anything related to that behaviour in the forum though.
Check your zonerect.
Unread 11-01-2009, 02:37 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Najena
Send a message via MSN to Cheese Send a message via Yahoo to Cheese

Again ?!
ok, You were right , went back to capture to other points and redid the math and voila.
Texture time now .
Thanks for the answer