EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 12-08-2016, 10:43 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Who is moderating POI's?

I took the effort of following the wandering tome around Obulus Frontier and marking every hour where it was to better help people locate the tome at certain times of the day. Then I look and a moderator has deleted all of the POI's for that Tome.

What gives?

There are 2 or 3 distinct roaming paths it takes and it spawns randomly at one of each location. But the path remains the same depending on where it spawns. It despawns at 8pm Norrath time every night and respawns at 8am.
Unread 12-09-2016, 01:34 AM
EQ2MAP Developer
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Splitpaw

I do.
There were to many errors.
The Description was the same as Name.
Icon type was wrong.
Quote:
Name a wandering tome (10am)
Description a wandering tome (10am)
Icon Type Site
If you can give me a correct icon type i can get them back.
Unread 12-09-2016, 03:37 AM
A Grove Wisp

I put a comment in the first one I submitted that they needed to be changed a bit.

I don't know what ICON you really want to use. Its a wandering floating book that paths through the zone. What icon besides "site" would you want to use? It really is a "site" because its a point where the book is going to be at that particular time in the game. But it's going to wander right past.

I would describe each of those locations as "Path A" or something like that though because like I mentioned before, there appear to be different paths depending on where it spawns.
Unread 12-09-2016, 06:13 AM
EQ2MAP Developer

Site is only used for a Named area .

Is the tome used to update or start a quest ?
Or anything else ?
Unread 12-09-2016, 08:20 AM
A Griffon

Jnils, the tome starts a timed cataloging quest, currently very popular. Praetorian, that's a lot of dedicated work collecting all the tome paths. I know the players will benefit from it as I've heard folks several times asking in /ooc if anybody has seen the tome.

Having said that, mapping several entire paths with multiple POIs is an awful lot of data for just one quest. It might be almost as useful if you map just the starting POI for each path, and on the tooltip say something like, "Paths northwest along the cavern toward Twark."
Unread 12-10-2016, 01:44 AM
A Grove Wisp

Sadly that wouldnt be possible because the Tome paths the entire zone. From what I can tell there are possibly 3 distinct spawn spots and each spawn spot has its own specific path around the entire zone. That's why I mapped where it would be on the hour within a specific path. It spawns at 8am and despawns at 8pm. I just marked on the map where it would be at 9am...10am..ect ect...

Im still trying to pinpoint the other spawn locations. But I have one completely mapped out which is what I submitted.
Unread 12-10-2016, 02:28 AM
A Grove Wisp

OK, jnils, so I resubmitted two new POI's using the marker "questNPC" because technically it is. I put a better descriptor in there as well. If you think it needs to be worded differently please feel free to change it. But can you remove the previous 9am POI i had in there as it was not accurate. Where it says 9am SPAWN. That one is actually a bit off. But i submitted two new ones for 8am and the other for 9am. The previous ones I submitted for 10am through 8pm are all still correct but just need to be modified to better match the new ones I submitted.
Unread 12-10-2016, 08:34 AM
EQ2MAP Developer

Ok, thanks i fix it.
Unread 12-10-2016, 05:19 PM
A Grove Wisp

I submitted a couple (B) paths just now before I noticed the wording on the others. Can you edit/update those and I'll submit new ones using that wording moving forward to keep everything uniform.

Thanks!

Btw, this is definitely making it easier to locate this damn book.
Unread 12-14-2016, 02:29 AM
A Grove Wisp

I have narrowed down the B Path to as early as 12pm and submitted the new POI's for those times. However the OLD 5pm B Path I had submitted was off just a little bit. I was on the wrong hill when I submitted it. The NEW 5pm B Path is the correct one if that can get changed.

Thanks!

I'll have to try to find the 8am spawn for B Path on its next go around. However I can only check every 6 hours hehe.