EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > eXtremeUI

Unread 02-15-2008, 05:08 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Blackburrow
Default Strange Launchpad Issue

First off, I'd just like to say "fantastic mod". It has been saving me a ton of time that I used to spend needing to fiddle with stuff and has resolved more than a few annoyances for me.

My issue may not be due to EQ2Henchman, but since it's the one thing that's different I thought I would start here. (Plus I'm impressed with the quality of help seen here.) If I run Henchman and have it run the launchpad when it is finished, the launchpad always hangs on the "Scanning Files" window. Since Henchman is close at that point, I figured there was no way it could be Henchman. But if I reboot and run LaunchPad w/o Henchman, everything is OK. If I reboot and run Henchman which then runs LaunchPad, I get the same hang on "Scanning Files". I can kill the LaunchPad process and try again, but it's always the same unless I reboot and don't run Henchman first.

I really don't think it's Henchman, but right now I'm just sniffing around for clues. Kinda just hoping someone knows right off the top of their head and says "Oh, I know what that is! You need to do this." Which will then of course win my undying gratitude and entitle the aforementioned solution-bringer to call me a noob while beating me about the head and neck with the wet stumpy ends of my recently removed arms.
Unread 02-15-2008, 05:34 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumsamba View Post
First off, I'd just like to say "fantastic mod". It has been saving me a ton of time that I used to spend needing to fiddle with stuff and has resolved more than a few annoyances for me.

My issue may not be due to EQ2Henchman, but since it's the one thing that's different I thought I would start here. (Plus I'm impressed with the quality of help seen here.) If I run Henchman and have it run the launchpad when it is finished, the launchpad always hangs on the "Scanning Files" window. Since Henchman is close at that point, I figured there was no way it could be Henchman. But if I reboot and run LaunchPad w/o Henchman, everything is OK. If I reboot and run Henchman which then runs LaunchPad, I get the same hang on "Scanning Files". I can kill the LaunchPad process and try again, but it's always the same unless I reboot and don't run Henchman first.

I really don't think it's Henchman, but right now I'm just sniffing around for clues. Kinda just hoping someone knows right off the top of their head and says "Oh, I know what that is! You need to do this." Which will then of course win my undying gratitude and entitle the aforementioned solution-bringer to call me a noob while beating me about the head and neck with the wet stumpy ends of my recently removed arms.
Hmm sounds like Henchman is the common denominator here but I can't for the life of me think of why it would make the launchpad hang.

Couple of questions;
1. Where did you install henchman
2. is the Launchpad the default EQ2 Launchpad or the Station launchpad(currently in beta)

Do:
When launchpad is hung at scanning do ctrl+alt+del and look to see if Henchman is running in application or proccesses.
Unread 02-16-2008, 04:49 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

EQ2Henchman is installed in it's own folder under Program Files.
It's launching the default EQ2 launchpad.

I checked the processes in task manager and EQ2Henchman is no longer running. I also notice that Launchpad seems to be hung up at just over 51MB of memory used but doesn't appear to be using up CPU time.

Thanks again!
Unread 02-18-2008, 09:18 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
EQ2Henchman is installed in it's own folder under Program Files.
It's launching the default EQ2 launchpad.

I checked the processes in task manager and EQ2Henchman is no longer running. I also notice that Launchpad seems to be hung up at just over 51MB of memory used but doesn't appear to be using up CPU time.

Thanks again!
What OS are you using?

If you run EQ2 Henchman and tell it not to run launch pad and with Henchman closed run launch pad. Doe the launch pad still hang?

Sorry for the 101 questions but I am stumped ATM. :/
Unread 02-19-2008, 12:26 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I'm running Windows XP SP2 Home. I did some things Sunday to test, and the hang occurred even after a reboot without running Henchman. Something else must be going on. This is the first time I've been able to cause the problem without Henchman in the loop tho. I also found out I may have a NIC going bad in another PC on my network. I'm getting that fixed in the next couple of days.

I wouldn't spend too much more time thinking about it. Now that I've been able to see the issue without using Henchman, I feel better about it not being the issue. Now I just have to figure out what is! I appreciate your input and you taking the time to help tho!
Unread 02-19-2008, 04:28 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
I'm running Windows XP SP2 Home. I did some things Sunday to test, and the hang occurred even after a reboot without running Henchman. Something else must be going on. This is the first time I've been able to cause the problem without Henchman in the loop tho. I also found out I may have a NIC going bad in another PC on my network. I'm getting that fixed in the next couple of days.

I wouldn't spend too much more time thinking about it. Now that I've been able to see the issue without using Henchman, I feel better about it not being the issue. Now I just have to figure out what is! I appreciate your input and you taking the time to help tho!
Ok, thank you for taken the time also. If I can assist you any more just let me know.
Unread 02-25-2008, 03:46 AM
EQ2MAP Developer
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Splitpaw

In the Interface tab you can press more buttons during a Install even Log-out, that result in an error.

The % is 0 when install is done.
Unread 02-25-2008, 09:25 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnils View Post
In the Interface tab you can press more buttons during a Install even Log-out, that result in an error.

The % is 0 when install is done.

Thanks jnils; I will get that corrected.
Unread 04-11-2008, 08:19 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default EQII Henchmen v1.1 Build:6

Error on launch:

TPlayerC2C Error
TMain_GUI, SL:237; Unhand led error.
Could not convert variant type (Null) into type (String)

Also, I get two parse errors using the same to install eXtremeUI

eq2ui_hud_selection.xml

and

eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml
Unread 04-11-2008, 09:40 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarellionKauri View Post
Error on launch:

TPlayerC2C Error
TMain_GUI, SL:237; Unhand led error.
Could not convert variant type (Null) into type (String)

Also, I get two parse errors using the same to install eXtremeUI

eq2ui_hud_selection.xml

and

eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml
TPlayerC2C error fixed :P

The parse error is 99% of the time just a warning that the xml isn't formated correctly. Like 2 main nodes or a property/attribute that starts with a number. witch is the case with a lot of authors XML files. eq2ui_hud_selection.xml contains 2 root nodes, although this isn't correct XML formating it works for SOE Parser and that how SOE made so I had to mirror it. eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml has some bad named attributes I'll get around to fixing some day.

Last edited by Landiin : 04-11-2008 at 10:42 PM.
Unread 04-22-2008, 01:52 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Splitpaw

Ok lazy feature request. I'd love to see the login screen when not going by the launcher to use the quick switch settings, if at all possible.
Unread 05-03-2008, 08:57 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninrab View Post
Ok lazy feature request. I'd love to see the login screen when not going by the launcher to use the quick switch settings, if at all possible.
All the data is there just needs a modder to take advantage of it. I'll see about adding that to the example window I provide but it might be a bit before I get it out.
Unread 10-15-2008, 05:19 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default two errors codes causing eq2 to crash

Two errors have occurred recently when I start up EQ2 thru Henchman, EQ2 starts but then routinely 5-10 minutes into the game it crashes. Have played EQ2 without using Henchman to startup and no crashes occur. I have listed the two errors below

TPlayerC2C Error

TMain_GUI, SL:237;Unhandled error
an invalid character was found in test content

line 0

and

TRaidC2C Error

TMain_GUI, SL:354; Unhandled error
An invalid character was found in test content

Line:1
MZ

Hope it is something easy to fix as your program is awesome

Steve
Unread 10-16-2008, 01:04 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalecek View Post
Two errors have occurred recently when I start up EQ2 thru Henchman, EQ2 starts but then routinely 5-10 minutes into the game it crashes. Have played EQ2 without using Henchman to startup and no crashes occur. I have listed the two errors below
I don't know what could be causing this unless henchman is staying in memory for some reason and running your resources thin.

Quote:
TPlayerC2C Error

TMain_GUI, SL:237;Unhandled error
an invalid character was found in test content

line 0

and

TRaidC2C Error

TMain_GUI, SL:354; Unhandled error
An invalid character was found in test content

Line:1
MZ

Hope it is something easy to fix as your program is awesome

Steve
The only time I have seen this error is when you use a mod that does not support Henchmans click to cure. let me know if this isn't the case.
Unread 10-22-2008, 11:36 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I am having problems with Henchmen updating the buttons in the raid window.

1. I dont know if my henchmen is working correct. My C2C Player and Group and Raid do nothing for me in game. I think I know why but i dont know how to fix it.
eq2ui_henchman_Cast.xml
eq2ui_henchman_PlayerCures.xml
eq2ui_henchman_GroupCures.xml are updating. But eq2ui_mainhud_raid.xml shows the buttons but does nothing.... I am missing something so simple i am an idiot or is not installing correct.

eq2ui_henchman_GroupC2Cast.xml
eq2ui_henchman_GroupC2Cure.xml
eq2ui_henchman_PlayerC2Cure.xml are not updating.

I had it working a long time ago... maybe 10 months to a year. but i just cant seem to get it working again.
Unread 10-23-2008, 08:39 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

I'll take a look and see what is going on. Are you using the stand-alone group and raid window or are you using ExtremeUI?
Unread 10-23-2008, 10:03 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thank you for the quick response.

I am using Henchmen with the eXtremeUI | EQ2 Henchman Compatible and Landiin's Raid Window | EQ2 Henchman C2C Ready.

I did a completly new install of my UI last night. Deleted everything in the UI/eXtreme folder, uninstalled henchmen, Deleted the EQ2 Henchmen folder.

Strange thing is that even after all the uninstalling and deleting... when i reinstalled henchmen both the UI installed were in Henchmen again prior to me installing them. Weird... Maybe you have Henchmen auto configure these UIs now?

Also, by defult I think the C2C for the raid has marcos set up for a guardian class. These defults do nothing in game telling me that eq2ui_mainhud_raid.xml is modified to add the buttons but not modified to use the henchmen_raid.xml or the henchmen_Cast.xml for the buttons
Unread 11-18-2008, 01:55 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest
Default Missing chat channel tab?

Just downloaded and seems we don't have ability to edit chat channels anymore?
Unread 11-18-2008, 03:08 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

When they added voice channels it broke that code and I haven't got around to fixing it. I've add plug-in support to henchman and I'll be adding it as a plug-in later when I get the code fixed.

This update was mainly update the eq2map mod where they change the file manifest's name.
Unread 11-22-2008, 05:57 AM
A Griffon

Server: Test
Default What happen?

Uumm I can not get this to work at all. I can not even get it to list the ui I am using, which it did just great with version 1.1.8. I've attached a pic of the error I get each time I try and start Hench...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hench.bmp
Views:	256
Size:	333.5 KB
ID:	6633  

Signature created by Seagoat..
Unread 11-26-2008, 05:41 AM
A Griffon

Default no ui listing

ok, I've gotten rid of the errors, by disabling the c2's, but I still can not get this to display my ui. I've got all the pathings correct. I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times now and still, under the interface tab, I show nothing and no way to add it. The add, new etc.. are grey'd out and not selectable. I've pressed the log in button and logged in, but still nothing. Anyone have any imput?

Thanks.

Unread 11-27-2008, 10:42 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turzen View Post
ok, I've gotten rid of the errors, by disabling the c2's, but I still can not get this to display my ui. I've got all the pathings correct. I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times now and still, under the interface tab, I show nothing and no way to add it. The add, new etc.. are grey'd out and not selectable. I've pressed the log in button and logged in, but still nothing. Anyone have any imput?

Thanks.
The ui you use has to support the c2's. It shouldn't through errors if the file is missing though. I'll look into that issue.

Do you have the UI(s) you have installed set as a favorite at this site? It uses what you have on your favorites here at this site.
Unread 11-30-2008, 04:05 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin View Post
The ui you use has to support the c2's. It shouldn't through errors if the file is missing though. I'll look into that issue.

Do you have the UI(s) you have installed set as a favorite at this site? It uses what you have on your favorites here at this site.
I am using Fetish nightfall which does have c2's. And I have checked my favorites on this site and it does list 10.5. Though I've not installed that yet only downloaded it as I install it via hench. I am still using 10.2 at the moment. I have some parts that I do not use from nightfall, that are from other ui's, (chat, mail and edited broker favorites file) that I do not want to overwrite.

Unread 11-30-2008, 04:18 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Won't log in

I cannot get the 1.1 build 10 version of Henchmen to log into eq2interface. I click on the login button on the interface page, asks for login info, the button blanks out for a moment, and then pops back to showing Log-In. I went back to using 1.1 build 8, and it works just fine.
Unread 11-30-2008, 04:26 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turzen View Post
I am using Fetish nightfall which does have c2's.
Fetish UI does not support HQ2 Henchman's C2's systems that I know of.