EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 09-02-2009, 08:40 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default MiniSkill Window

For your harvesting pleasure, a tiny custom window that contains only the five harvesting skills.

Mini Skill Window by Pooka

Please post questions, comments, suggestions, and flames here.

Happy harvesting.

--

Note: It is not currently possible to add certain other skills in the same way. Specifically, though not limited to Tinkering, Transmuting, and Safe Fall. They would require a directly modified Persona window. I can do this if there's interest, but it would overwrite any other persona mods you have installed.

--

This mod made possible by generous donations from the letters g and m, and the number 9. Once again, a big thanks though you're 'retired from modding.'
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	miniskill.jpg
Views:	471
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	7014  
Unread 09-02-2009, 11:24 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Cool stuff. Gotta love the OnTextChanged feature for data that is not sent via DynamicData.

My only real thought would be to use tiny images in place of text. I know you can hide the text, but attributing tiny images to each skill would be an easy way to determine which number is which.

(kinda like a lot of the EQ1 UI mods did with the player window http://www.eqinterface.com/downloads...ew.php?id=8066)

Fishing rod for fishing... axe for forresting... mining pick for mining, etc. Just an idea
Unread 09-04-2009, 03:23 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Looks like keezyrick did something just like what I had envisioned (though a little bit different). He posted a comment about it on your download page:

http://eq2interface.com/downloads/in...miniSkill.html
Unread 09-04-2009, 06:48 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: The Bazaar

Yes !! Outstanding !! Went on my game yesterday. Only want I have about it would be to add Swim skill number to that list but I can get along without it. I'm Pleased as punch at this little item.

Unread 09-04-2009, 07:50 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Love this but can't get it to work :(

Okay, followed instructions to the letter... at least I think I did. I use profitUI so
1. I placed eq2ui_custom_miniskill.xml in C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\ProfitUI,
2. copied and pasted <include>eq2ui_custom_miniskill.xml</include> into the custom ui xml file.

and this is what happens...

I start up the game and get a window showing crazy skills like fishing 400/400 and mining 5/5. Haha, no big deal, I closed the window and re-opened it. Now it is a blank window. I thought maybe I had to get a skill-up for it to show, so off I went gathering, and when I got a skill-up window stayed blank. What am I doing wrong?
Unread 09-04-2009, 11:21 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazmania View Post
Okay, followed instructions to the letter... at least I think I did. I use profitUI so
1. I placed eq2ui_custom_miniskill.xml in C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\ProfitUI,
2. copied and pasted <include>eq2ui_custom_miniskill.xml</include> into the custom ui xml file.
If I had to guess, you probably put the <include> </include> in the wrong place.

Make sure it goes between <Page> & </Page> and not in the <Namespace> area.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Page IgnoreTab="false" ismodule="true" Name="Custom" PackSize="1,1" PackSizeProp="0002/0003,0002/0003" ScrollExtent="1024,768" Size="1024,768" Visible="false">
<include>_ProfitUI_custom.xml</include>
<include>eq2ui_custom_miniskill.xml</include>
</Page>
<Namespace Name="ProfitUI_Styles">
<include>_ProfitUI_Styles.xml</include>
</Namespace>
Unread 09-04-2009, 11:25 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Pooka, that is exactly what I did. Thank you so much. All fixed and running fine.

BTW, great work, I love it!
Unread 09-04-2009, 11:27 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by deKoven View Post
Only want I have about it would be to add Swim skill number to that list but I can get along without it.
Swim is one of the skills that afaik can only be added by modifying the Persona window itself.

I started playing with this and I'll likely do a version that can show any skill, but it will cost you whatever modified persona window you use. That is unless/until someone figures out a way to access subgroups in the persona window. Maybe Rothgar will pop by at some point and divulge. hehe
Unread 09-05-2009, 06:42 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: The Bazaar

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooka View Post
Swim is one of the skills that afaik can only be added by modifying the Persona window itself.

I started playing with this and I'll likely do a version that can show any skill, but it will cost you whatever modified persona window you use. That is unless/until someone figures out a way to access subgroups in the persona window. Maybe Rothgar will pop by at some point and divulge. hehe
Hmm, too bad but definitely not a deal breaker. This goes on all my toons as I get to logging them. When doing the various harvesting quests it really helps if you can just see the numbers and know whether you have enough skill to harvest, say, Enchanted Lands. Without, that is, opening the whole Persona window.

Unread 09-05-2009, 08:47 PM
A man among men
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Nagafen

How the heck did you find the hardcoded data? I'm seriously curious.
Unread 09-05-2009, 10:16 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragowulf View Post
How the heck did you find the hardcoded data? I'm seriously curious.
Check out the code mate. It's just modifying the elements in the persona window (dynamically, not physically) with OnTextChanged to send back the data to the custom window.
Unread 09-06-2009, 09:16 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Oasis

I wouldnt really worry about swim, it skills up so fast its a joke now. I went from 50 to 280 in about 10 secs on one of my stay at home alts After the update goes Live it will be strange if your not max skilled in Swimming