EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 11-04-2005, 03:35 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default target window

hey, just wanted to say i use laffs light and love it....on my main char he's a zerker and i've noticed no problems but i just set it up on my necro and i've noticed that the target window doesn't display my hp/stats right, i increase the size of it then i can see them and within 10 seconds it shrinks again so i can only see the green bar showing mobs hp, not my own stats that display down below, it works fine with my zerker but for some reason it shrinks whenever i try to fix it on my necro.

my clock works fine but was just curious if there were any thoughts to adding eq game time to it also...i love the fact it shows real time but there's some parts of the game you need to know the eq time and i hate typing /time all the time =-)

Last edited by saffire_75 : 11-04-2005 at 03:40 PM. Reason: adding a suggestion
Unread 11-04-2005, 04:15 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Runnyeye

Mouse over the real time and it will show you eq time!

As for the target window with you necro only a few peeps have had this problem and no matter what I seem to do It fixes it for some but not others all very strange..... anyways I gotta work on target next patch so I will try resolve the issue again then
Unread 11-05-2005, 02:19 AM
A Griffon

Server: Oasis

Last night I was randomly losing my power bar and ammo slot element on one of my chars, my fix was to log out totally, delete that chars ini, copy one I know was ok, rename it. Not sure if that will help your necro though. Could always delete your necro and start over *giggle*.
Unread 11-06-2005, 03:19 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Guk

omg you brits are a hoot. I think I have enjoyed reading this thread about clocks and fake inventories more than playing EQ2 the last week.

Now that I have the UI how I like it, it's time to bork it up with another LU, huh?

Laffs, I do have one question, actually...

When you release new updates to the UI, do I ALWAYS have to replace my "server_character_uisettings.ini" file with the latest/greatest? Or can I continue to use my old UI settings? I have about 400 brazillian tabs, and get bored of re-setting them up each time I update. But I will, for you, because, well, we love you.

Thanks!
H
Unread 11-06-2005, 03:20 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Guk

btw, "we" = me and all my personalities...

I cannot speak for Madhog...
Unread 11-06-2005, 08:37 PM
A Griffon

Lmfao...

Nice one mate .... No you dont need to alter your char settings file everytime I post an update mate thats just there so you guys can get the windows in the approx location thats all and only needs to be done the once .. so leave that file alone from now on then lol
Unread 11-08-2005, 11:39 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Picture of the UI

For me, with the latest patch (I haven't played in a long time, so I don't know if it would've been like this for me before the last update, but :P), the UI looks like this when I copy the settings file over and log in for the first time, as you can see a few of the windows are out of place.

Not sure if this is something I did, but, posted it in case it wasn't ^_-
Unread 11-08-2005, 12:19 PM
A Griffon

Part of the problem is the depth of the widescreen letterbox open up the options window and move the slider about you will soon see what windows this thing affects!

Also I noted that you need to turn off the frame and titlebar in the exp window.... And toggle you compass to visible .. sorry dont reacall off hand what the hotkey is for it maybe alt+c ?

As it go's it is very difficult to make a settings file that works with even 60% of peeps systems as there are so many factors to take into consideration, The ss you sent is pretty damn close lol
Unread 11-08-2005, 12:21 PM
A Forest Scavenger

I figured out the Letterbox thing, it didn't fix everything, but I'll tweak around and see if I can fix it, didn't know about the titlebar stuff or anything ^_-

Edit: Oh, btw, the compass is underneath the window that's near the middle of the screen

Edit edit: Okay, the frame/titlebar fixed that annoying money display issue

Now for the compass, I moved it to the proper spot, but I don't have a background for it

Last edited by Tylius : 11-08-2005 at 12:23 PM.
Unread 11-09-2005, 04:11 PM
A Griffon

/tap

*giggle*

Ok!

1. /claim window dont work

2. I love that new default colour scheme! Cant we use that one??

3. Personae window has the extra tab missing fo setting stuff like anti duel, no hood etc.

Ill post more later.
Unread 11-09-2005, 07:13 PM
A Griffon

Amazingly everything else seems to work!

**EDIT!! - Wife whining about the merchant window, she cant view her vault or sommat**

Been thinking though....

Originally I was just after a lite version of the other one you was doing, but you kept skinning stuff and buggering about with it. In a good way of course!

Now the UI has settled down I think from SOEs point of view, they put in the code and changes you was waiting for? How about a proper lite version with minimum files in it? All we need is the main on screen elements, group box, player box, target, hotbars, exp, thingy at the top with the inv slots, start button with notes and raid window on it. Then leave the rest of the UI in default mode, stuff like guild window, inventory, personae window etc?

My reasoning for this is, the UI would in future need less fixing. Plus, that new default UI looks pretty nifty. You normally end up after a big patch, fixing ****e that really doesnt affect game play, as in, if you had left it in default mode, it wouldnt need sorting out.

Concentrating on the main visual elements would allow you to polish the look more rather than having to sort out garnish windows.

Sheesh Im too good to you. Its like a curse.

Unread 11-09-2005, 07:26 PM
A Griffon

<ENTER REAL NASTY SWEAR WORDS HERE>

Madhog, I would realy realy love to strangle you

But since I cant I will just have to deal with it lol.......

Oks

All this stuff I know about !! and it is fixed just I havent posted the new files as yet because I play on the UK servers and we dont have the LUD16 patch yet ... But I do have the files if you with me but they crash the damn game lol .... But nvm so when I can see this stuff live and working I will post the update...

Now I see where your coming from with the less custom windows thing likes ... But also I am in part progress of making my own styles for all of the windows anyways, So that will mean that 90% of the time they wont break after a patch ... all depends on the patch though.... And yes I do like the new default stuff myself also its still big but a few simple changes to the textstyles file would clean then up quite easy....

All in all, I am working on ways to make this more bullet proof so to speak...

Oks
Unread 11-10-2005, 02:20 AM
A Griffon

Good lad!

When is LU16 hitting the UK servers then?

If you think Im bad, be glad my missus leaves this all to me, if she posted here you would know real misery!
Unread 11-10-2005, 03:00 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhog
Good lad!

When is LU16 hitting the UK servers then?

If you think Im bad, be glad my missus leaves this all to me, if she posted here you would know real misery!

LOL.. to funny
Unread 11-11-2005, 04:11 AM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Beta 1

My Problem ist that the Right Big Mana Display not be showed.

How can i show it again ?
Unread 11-11-2005, 04:56 AM
A Griffon

I get that too, only solution seems to be deleting the chars ini file and re setting everything up sadly.

I lose the power one and the one with the inv slots/zone name on it too. S'annoying.

Laffy, like yer plans! Smaller versions of the default would in a lot of ways be just great.

Is it ready yet?

Is it ready yet?

Is it ready yet?

Is it ready yet??

/tap

I need a wee!!
Unread 11-11-2005, 08:37 PM
A Griffon

Ta for the update, s'fab. Everything seems to be working ok, apart from the power element and top bag slot/zone teller/coin thingy disappearing. Wonder if this is a UI or generic problem? Wife has it now too, and believe me, Im trying to stop her posting here about it!!

Oh, on the personae window theres no Account Age info on the Details tab.
Unread 11-12-2005, 01:00 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhog
Ta for the update, s'fab. Everything seems to be working ok, apart from the power element and top bag slot/zone teller/coin thingy disappearing. Wonder if this is a UI or generic problem? Wife has it now too, and believe me, Im trying to stop her posting here about it!!

Oh, on the personae window theres no Account Age info on the Details tab.
Right that window you speak of is actualy called "eq2ui_mianhud_ammo.xml" and its name is "Inventory" to fool the game into thinking that it is an extra Inv window ... basicly .... and you are the only person to my knowlage tat actualy uses this window still ..... So find that file and post it here for me and I will take a look at it, there maybe another file also I will require from you but not sure as to what one yet...

Account age info.... hmmm there was none on the default one either last time I looked so, I will look again then
Unread 11-12-2005, 09:37 PM
A Griffon

Hows the power bar linked to that tho? That disappears too. ALways the same char too. Deleted his ini, but it dont seem to matter. I do a /loadui, choose the UI, and its all hunky dory.

All my other chars are fine. Wifes got same prob too *sob*
Unread 11-12-2005, 09:59 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Sales log

so far since LU16 everything seems to work the same except the sales log when you first get into your inn room......the box pops up but nothing i've sold appears in the list....and when i bring up my window with the 3 tabs...merchandice, vault, and sales log all 3 of the windows only show the stuff i have currently in my inventory so i can price new stuff i put in vault... and/when you get this fixed will i have to delete laffs light and reinstall it? i have it set up just so on all my chars and i'd hate to have to redo all that again.

i forgot to include this....i dont know if its something SOE broke or if its with laff's light but when i try gambling at the goblin in TS alot of the time numbers match what the spin shows but i dont get credit for it.....best one i had had 4 or 5 of the same numbers but not a single one turned green to show it was a match..

Last edited by saffire_75 : 11-12-2005 at 10:03 PM. Reason: additional comment
Unread 11-13-2005, 10:59 AM
A Griffon

Sales log sounds like a SoE issue to me maybe I will have to sell somthing to check it lol

Lotto window is the default one I havent touched it as yet

No you dont have to delete your chars settings file for an update just the contents of the Laffs Lite folder.

Madhog the power window you speak of is actualy called "Memorized" and I do belive this window is now set to show by default now as it never was therfore my code to force it to show could be causing a conflict.... But it all works fine for me... Let the other minor things show up then I'll have a look at the window that used to force it to show.
Unread 11-13-2005, 11:04 AM
A Griffon

Bleh this is annoying now hehe. Ive deleted all my cache files, all my ini files, logged in, everythings there fine. Reorganise the screen, play a bit, log out to desktop, log back in, they both missing.

Ive attached what I think may be relevant.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000009.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	174.2 KB
ID:	4044  Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000010.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	235.4 KB
ID:	4045  
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_memorized.xml (3.2 KB, 319 views)
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud.xml (2.7 KB, 294 views)
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_ammo.xml (19.0 KB, 162 views)
Unread 11-13-2005, 11:05 AM
A Griffon

First image is how it should be, all set out as I like it, second is with the 2 elements missing.
Unread 11-13-2005, 11:19 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Crushbone
Default Raid Bug still rears it's ugly head

Hiya Laffs,

Thanks for the updates and I hope you know how much we appreciate your UI. Still a bit of an issue with the raid window though. When opened, there is that invisible window open across the left half of the screen that stops me from moving the character around with the mouse or targeting anything on the left side.

I put in the default Server_Charname_eq2_uisettings.ini and it was still present. I went back to my saved ini until I hear of a hotfix.

I should mention another small bug I see from time to time is that certain buttons go blood red for no reason at all. Moving around a bit clears it up but then just a few of them go red again. Not easy for me to reproduce.

Thanks again.

Last edited by tachyon : 11-13-2005 at 11:21 AM.
Unread 11-13-2005, 11:21 AM
A Griffon

Post me your eq2ui_mianhud_clock.xml pls Madhog

I got raid window fixed in next update now ... when you get you will have to right click on it and make sure you check the option to make the window clickthrough..