Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP > EQ2Map Troubleshooting

Closed Thread
Unread 04-01-2005, 12:55 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco-man
you shouldnt have to open any ports its just like using internet explorer as far as downloading goes, see if you can download this file http://maps.eq2interface.com/POI_files/file_list.xml

no i can't download because the browser open's a new window and show me the text of this *.xml
Unread 04-01-2005, 02:51 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

make sure the updater has permission from your software firewall to access the internet, i believe win xp sp2 has it's firewall enabled by default.

Last edited by taco-man : 04-01-2005 at 02:58 PM.
Unread 04-02-2005, 08:24 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I'm having the same unhandled exception error now too. I haven't installed anything at all since yesterday (when it was working fine). I've installed the new .NET beta framework today after getting this error and still have the same error message.

This is by far the best mod and I want to keep using it - it still works fine on my wife's pc so at least I can copy the updated files from her pc for now.

Any ideas on a solution for this problem?

[edit] I just installed the 0.97 beta of the map updater and it works fine now

Last edited by Aerin : 04-02-2005 at 08:27 AM.
Unread 04-02-2005, 08:54 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Server: Guk

Quote:
Originally Posted by aalwein
in testing the auto-updater, it seems to work beautifully. there is just a couple graphics glitches I see:

1. black box around the update button
2. "AutoLaunch EQ2" doesn't fit in designated space.
I am having a similar problem with the display of the updater on one of my computers, it only shows 1/4 of the area and I cannot resize it to show the entire window as it seems to be locked in size.

I didn't get a pic of it but just imagine that only the top left area of the updater shows, the rest (3/4) is off the area of the updater window.

It looks fine on my PC but it is my laptop that has this issue, I run WinXP sp2 with all current updates on both.

Resolution on the laptop (Dell XPS) is 1920X1200 whereas the PC is running a resolution of 1280X1024, this is the only graphical difference that I can discern.

Simply allowing the window to be resizable would fix it for me, but I would really like to see the whole thing one way or the other =)

Thanks for the great work, I <3 this map program!!!
Unread 04-03-2005, 11:10 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Mistmoore
Default Look and Feel Problem with the updater

The update program, EQ2Map Updater, never opens a full window on my XP system (SP2) and there is no way to resize the window to full. I would like to see the text of what is going on in that window. I did not find anything in the FAQ that applies to that.

-daggan
Unread 04-03-2005, 11:28 AM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

the next version will be resizeable.
Unread 04-03-2005, 11:32 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Permafrost
Default ver 0.97 still crashing sometimes

Per the message in the updater, I am posting this problem with some observations. The crash seems to happen whenever there are a largish number of updates (most days of late). It also seems to be when there are only one or maybe 2 updates left although the progress meter usually sticks at 50+%.

If another application is already open at the time of the crash, you can change focus to it by clicking on its window. I am not sure the existing application remains totally functional. You can even start a new application by double clicking on a desktop icon. However, those new applications (including Task Manager) will hang during startup or shortly thereafter. In all cases the system tray (mine autohides) will not raise and I have to resort to the Reset button to get the PC back.

I am running WinXP Home on a 2.8 GHz P4 with 800 Mhz FSB, 1 Gb of memory, Integrated NIC and an ATI 9800 XT (Pro I think it was).

Thanks for a great UI Mod !!!
Unread 04-04-2005, 03:24 AM
A Brown Bear

Still don't see any POI's showing up in Feerroot despite quite a few listed.

Unread 04-04-2005, 12:16 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Default Rivervale east not working

On my map system, rivervale east doesn't appear to work.

My map guide falls off the map at some point and it never moves to the other map for rivervale. Anyone else have this trouble?
Unread 04-04-2005, 12:30 PM
a hedgehog

Server: Nagafen

yep this is a known issue.
Unread 04-04-2005, 02:01 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Lucan DLere
Default POI's not showing

At least in Thundering Steppes. I just logged in, via the updater, and when I opened my map all the eq2map poi's are gone. World map still shows the zone connection overlay so I know eq2map is running...
Unread 04-04-2005, 02:09 PM
a hedgehog

Server: Nagafen

rerun the updater
Unread 04-04-2005, 03:20 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Cool Updater

I have same Problem Have re-run updater several times as well as un installed the updater and re-installed it no joy...Workd map is fine all others have no poi

Thanks, Slithren
Unread 04-04-2005, 03:57 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Error while running EQ2Map auto updater

I get this error each time I run the auto updater

The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
File: icons_runnyeye.xml
Unread 04-04-2005, 09:13 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default help

I recent updated all windows patches, then ran the .net update from this site. Everything installed fine. Then I ran updater and installed it. It ran fine. Started updater, and it ran thru all files and got "up to date" and autoran eq2 from itself. After logging into my char, nothing. Same ole map files. Reran everything again. Nothing. Uninstalled updater and reran, nothing. Still same ole eq2 map files I have always had.

What am I missing or what am I doing wrong?

For ui skin using default. And my ui file reads it is pulling from my default skin
Unread 04-04-2005, 09:19 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by jneely0618
I recent updated all windows patches, then ran the .net update from this site. Everything installed fine. Then I ran updater and installed it. It ran fine. Started updater, and it ran thru all files and got "up to date" and autoran eq2 from itself. After logging into my char, nothing. Same ole map files. Reran everything again. Nothing. Uninstalled updater and reran, nothing. Still same ole eq2 map files I have always had.

What am I missing or what am I doing wrong?

For ui skin using default. And my ui file reads it is pulling from my default skin
your problem is that you dont have a custom interface folder, what you have done is told eq the your custom folder is the default folder. the point of having a seperate folder is so that the Everquest 2 patcher does not overwrite your custom files.

just delete your eq2.ini file and run the updater it will make it for you and create a custom folder named EQ2MAP in the EVerquest II\UI\ directory
Unread 04-05-2005, 10:59 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default problem...

I get this message every time I open the updater...

Error Getting File List:
The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.

Have checked firewalls, got the .net 1.1 windows update and looked through the forums. Anybody have any suggestions?

thanks
Unread 04-05-2005, 11:22 AM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

are you behind a proxy?
Unread 04-05-2005, 09:29 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Permafrost
Default Problem for me too :-)

Hi,

Love EQ2MAP - it has made EQII much more user-friendly for me. I've only ever used it via the autoupdater with no recent problems, no crashes, and all maps were displaying as expected (with POIs and the extra maps that EQII don't supply). In the last 24-48 hours, however, many maps are no longer showing any POIs. I still see the tradeskill map, Oakmyst and Down Below - but the POIs are gone. The maps for Antonica, Thundering Steppes and the various townships around Qeynos look like they have reverted to the standard EQII maps. The "world" map is the EQ2MAP version however.

Yes, I have been using the autoupdater to launch EQII, so I've been getting all the map updates 2 or 3 times a day :-).

Is this the same problem the previous users reported?

Any ideas on what I can do, or perhaps a problem has crept into one of the recent changes ... and wiped out all the POI info? Any information will be highly appreciated.

Oh yes, and the EQ2Interface "minimap" that I'd been using for the past week has stopped working too - though I'm not sure when. Perhaps these problems are interrelated ...

Regards, David
Unread 04-05-2005, 09:35 PM
A Griffon

db2005, my first suggestion would be to go to your custom UI folder, find eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml and delete it, then re-run the auto-updater. I've experienced trouble with the auto-updater properly updating this file.

taco-man, auto-updater 0.96 and 0.97 seem to only use MD5 for the icon pages, and are just doing an exist check for everything else. I'm not 100% sure of this; if you look over your code and find this isn't true, yell at me, but I tried running the newest version then a semi-old version (just before you went to an installation executable, 0.95f I think) and the semi-old version downloaded a couple files that the new updater didn't (eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml was the only one of importance I noticed, hence why I suggested to db2005 to delete their's).

Quib
Unread 04-05-2005, 09:45 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

are you sure? i just opened up the mainhud_map.xml file added a "1" on the first line saved it, and re-ran the updater and it re-downloaded the file so it seems to be checking for me???
Unread 04-05-2005, 09:56 PM
A Griffon

Fair enough, I'll do the same test on 3 of my machines and let you know. I'll randomly mess with some of the DDS files too to be sure.

What I experienced before with eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml I can't explain, but I'll also be pushing a new version of that file to the website within a few days, so will have another chance to test that as well.

Quib
Unread 04-05-2005, 10:46 PM
A Griffon

Ok, the good news is I didn't have any trouble with the auto-updater when I butchered the files and ran it, so yeah, I don't know why I had trouble earlier or why there've been a handful of sporadic problems where deleting files then updating fixed them.

So yeah, didn't mean to scare you, just am scratching my ehad about what went on earlier.

db2005, if you're still having trouble, I'd suggest you try deleting your eq2map folder completely, re-running the updater, then reinstalling the MiniMap plugin on top of that.

Quib
Unread 04-06-2005, 04:39 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Hi...i recently downloaded ur autoupdater map project and have really enjoyed it.

The only mod that I am trying to use in conjunction with EQ2map is: http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3442

as u can see this is a hotbar mod....anyways....I dowloaded EQ2map and played around with it for a little last night, then this morning I log on to check the broker and the broker in East Freeport won't bring up the broker window for me.....can't get the broker window in Efreeport, Fence, or my home

is this one of those 'the two mods have done something funky together' ??....The reason why I haven't totally just reinstalled is b/c this is the day they SAID they were doing broker selling without having to be online or in the house....which makes me wonder if for some reason they screwed something up (but no one I have talked to is having this problem).....

so to recap...EQ2MAP is working nicely....my orginal Hotbar mod is working nicely....but the brokers won't bring up the broker window

Any ideas?
thanks

Last edited by PuttyUTK : 04-06-2005 at 04:47 AM.
Unread 04-06-2005, 04:51 AM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

PuttyUTK, is that you cant type in the broker window or they just wont open the window at all?
Closed Thread