EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Beta

Unread 02-28-2005, 03:16 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Runnyeye

I have that as part of Visual studio 6 , Have only used the vb part of it installing c++ now, if I get anywhere I will let you know, but cant promise anything hehe
Unread 02-28-2005, 03:29 PM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

I apologize for the delay guys. Just trying to do a bit here and there while at work. (shhh..) don't tell the boss.

As far as the font end for the parser.

I might be totally smoking crack.

But.. Can't you just make a batchfile that the user could
double click on that would give it those command line arguments?
Rathter than writing it with C++ Or visual basic?
so the user would only have to execute the batch file rather than the parser.
I don't know if you can have batchfiles ask for input?
Unread 02-28-2005, 06:11 PM
A Griffon

Gem, I'm off work now, so I should have a working copy for you in the morning. This is going to be much nicer than the previous start button mod.
Plus it will use stock images, so no extra .dds files.
Plus it should only require one extra line in the startbutton.xml file.

Maybe two, if I decide to do the force show.
Unread 03-01-2005, 03:04 AM
A Griffon

Ger,

This should be enough to let you finnish up your parser I think.

I do not plan to move the buttons from these locations.

I may expand the window out to the right a bit to add an additional couple of check boxes later, but the buttons will stay where they are in relation to the top left hand corner of the mod.

I couldn't quite get the hang of the frames, I wanted the frame exactely like the one on the startbutton, but I just couldn't quiet get the thing figured out and was getting sleepy.

Perhaps I'll have another look at it in tomorrow.

At one point I had it show up in the UI Builder, but it wouldn't show up in the game.

I'm not getting that frame style from the UI I think so I'm going to have to specifically set up a style for a frame for that window I believe.
The framestyles appear to be at the root level, and as of yet, I don't think we have figured out how to address those yet?
But as I've said, every little thing with this has been a learning process. I didnt' have to mess with the frames with the earlier revision because they were part of the startbutton. So I'll have to see what I can figure out on that one.
Perhaps when you look at the code you can point me in the right direction.

So, Here it is.

The NEW AND IMPROVED Performance Panel!

Taadahh!!

I only made one modification to the eq2ui_mainhud_startbutton.xml And that was the include statement.
So I or the user can move that include statement anywhere they like and it shouldn't effect the mod at all.
Much, Much nicer. Thanks for the tip.

It will also be very easy for me to add additional functions to the panel.

Plus I didn't change any .dds files nor use any new .dds files.

I didn't include the trick to make the window visible.

I just set up a macro in game for it.

/show_window MainHUD.PerformancePanel
Unread 03-01-2005, 08:02 AM
Steward of the Faithful
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Antonia Bayle

I'm going to change the element names from quality/balanced/performance to custom1, custom2, and custom3 since they aren't actually going to be quality, balanced, and performance once the parser gets through with them.
Unread 03-01-2005, 08:42 AM
Steward of the Faithful

New parser. Accepts 1, 2, or 3 as a command line argument to tell it which profile to replace. If no profile is speficied it'll replace 1. Still needs to be run in the same directory as the eq2_recent.ini, that may change if I can figure out how to create a GUI front end that'll pass the full path for eq2_recent.ini as a command line argument. Included generated eq2ui_custompreset1, 2, and 3 XMLs as well as eq2ui_mainhud_performancepanel.xml (I canged the style name for the checkboxes) and, of course, the parser itself.
Attached Files
File Type: zip preset_parser.zip (40.1 KB, 143 views)
Unread 03-01-2005, 09:35 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger
New parser. Accepts 1, 2, or 3 as a command line argument to tell it which profile to replace. If no profile is speficied it'll replace 1. Still needs to be run in the same directory as the eq2_recent.ini, that may change if I can figure out how to create a GUI front end that'll pass the full path for eq2_recent.ini as a command line argument. Included generated eq2ui_custompreset1, 2, and 3 XMLs as well as eq2ui_mainhud_performancepanel.xml (I canged the style name for the checkboxes) and, of course, the parser itself.

Very awesome man! Thanks. I'll see if I can check this out at work today but it might have to wait until I get off this evening.

So did you try out the mod, since it doesn't mess with the startbutton now?
You can just stick that include line on another window if you want.

I'm pretty proud of thise one, I think it looks 1000 times better than things did when I started. LOL

And any help on the framestyle?
I usually keep mine all transparent anyway, but I wanted it to work the same way as other windows for those people that perfer to have the frame and background.
I think it would be safest to just have the user move keep the parser in the UI Custom Directory and move the eq2.recent.ini file over there. Once the parser is done with it, the XML file will already be in the correct place.
It just checkes the current directory that it's in right? Not specficially the C:Program Files/Sony/EverQuest II/ Directory.
?
Unread 03-01-2005, 09:58 AM
A Griffon

Ger,

As far as I can tell this works perfectly!

I'll try and write up directions for this and we should be able to put out the release version by tomorrow.

I'm REALLY impressed with the parser, that little tool is so handy to use with this mod. It was a terrific idea! Thanks to Ger and Laffs for all the help and testing, totally couldnt' have done it without you guys or all the helpful information no the forums here.

Can you have the program pause and wait for input.
That way the end user could just double click on it and it would bring up the window and say 'Please Enter 1,2, or 3. Then it would continue with the parsing?
It doesn't really need a GUI so to speak, but just a input prompt would be terrific.
Unread 03-01-2005, 09:58 AM
A Griffon

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Andrew>D:\Unzipped\preset_parser-2\preset_parser.exe 1

Beginning XML output...
XML output complete.

C:\Documents and Settings\Andrew>D:\Unzipped\preset_parser-2\preset_parser.exe 2

Beginning XML output...
XML output complete.

C:\Documents and Settings\Andrew>D:\Unzipped\preset_parser-2\preset_parser.exe 3

Beginning XML output...
XML output complete.

Thats the output it gave me but it only updates file 1 , If any of the files dont exist already then it still says,

Beginning XML output...
XML output complete.

But does not create a new file

*EDIT*
Just double clicking on it will parse the recent.ini and produce file 1 as in the last version

Last edited by Laffs : 03-01-2005 at 10:01 AM.
Unread 03-01-2005, 10:06 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffs
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Andrew>D:\Unzipped\preset_parser-2\preset_parser.exe 1

Beginning XML output...
XML output complete.

C:\Documents and Settings\Andrew>D:\Unzipped\preset_parser-2\preset_parser.exe 2

Beginning XML output...
XML output complete.

C:\Documents and Settings\Andrew>D:\Unzipped\preset_parser-2\preset_parser.exe 3

Beginning XML output...
XML output complete.

Thats the output it gave me but it only updates file 1 , If any of the files dont exist already then it still says,

Beginning XML output...
XML output complete.

But does not create a new file

*EDIT*
Just double clicking on it will parse the recent.ini and produce file 1 as in the last version
Lafs, I just tested this up here at work.

You MUST have the eq2.recent.ini file in the same directory as the Parser.
If you run the parser without a eq2.recent.in file in the same directory it creates an 'empty' eq2.recent.ini then uses that for all input.

Move your eq2.recent.ini file from EverQuest directory into your parser directory.
Or move the parser into the everquest directory and do the same commands.
it works like a charm.

How do you like the looks of the new window?
Unread 03-01-2005, 10:23 AM
A Griffon

Have done it with the recent.ini in the same folder and have also tried it without the recent.ini and yes it does make a blank one, if none exists
Unread 03-01-2005, 10:56 AM
Steward of the Faithful

/flex

Figured out enough VB to get a basic front-end working. Still trying to get a text box at the bottom of the front-end that reads in the log file that the parser generates, but that's not really required for this thing to go live. Also working on changing the icons of both exes so it's more obvious which to run.
Attached Files
File Type: zip preset_parser.zip (40.7 KB, 139 views)
Unread 03-01-2005, 11:01 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Have done it with the recent.ini in the same folder and have also tried it without the recent.ini and yes it does make a blank one, if none exists

Laffs? Did you figure this out?
Mine worked like a charm up here.
I'll delete it all and try it again to see what my exact steps were.
The first time I didn't have a eq2.recent.ini file in the same directory.
So I downloaded the one you posted on here, and changed it to an .ini file instead of a .txt file.

And ran the program and it generated the eq2ui_custompreset1.xml
then I ran it with the '2' argument and it created the eq2ui.custompreset2.xml file with all the correct information changed inside the file.
Unread 03-01-2005, 11:07 AM
A Griffon

Did you run it from a command prompt?

NVM it dont matter now Ger has made a vb gui for it now its working like a charm

Last edited by Laffs : 03-01-2005 at 11:13 AM.
Unread 03-01-2005, 11:12 AM
Steward of the Faithful

Quote:
Did you run it from a command prompt?
There's no sanity checking (yet?) on the existance of eq2_recent.ini. Whether or not you run it from a command prompt or via the front end, if you don't specify a valid eq2_recent.ini file (or have one in the same location as preset_parser.exe) you'll end up parsing an empty file. I'll fix that as soon as I figure out how to get VB and VC++ to access the same file at the same time (so that the output from preset_parser.exe ends up in a text box in presets.exe)
Unread 03-01-2005, 11:16 AM
A Griffon

Yes, I went back and checked it and it was only working when I double clicked the icon not when I used the command prompt.

Now I get to check out the GUI.

SWEET.
Unread 03-01-2005, 11:23 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger
There's no sanity checking (yet?) on the existance of eq2_recent.ini. Whether or not you run it from a command prompt or via the front end, if you don't specify a valid eq2_recent.ini file (or have one in the same location as preset_parser.exe) you'll end up parsing an empty file. I'll fix that as soon as I figure out how to get VB and VC++ to access the same file at the same time (so that the output from preset_parser.exe ends up in a text box in presets.exe)

Profile #1 and Profile #2 are being created incomplete.
XML for profile #3 is good.

Styles are not being included at the bottom.
Unread 03-01-2005, 11:24 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger
Nice job on the GUI by the way!
Does it require both exe files to work?
Unread 03-01-2005, 12:18 PM
A Griffon

Here are the instructions I've created so far.
Please read them and point out any changes or typos I may need to fix.

This will be the 'read.me' file that I include with the package.
Unread 03-01-2005, 12:26 PM
Steward of the Faithful

Yes, both EXEs need to be in the same place for the parser to work. The front end gathers the profile number and INI location, passes it to the parser, the parser reads in the INI, outputs the XML, and writes a log; the front-end reads the log into the list box at the bottom of the window. (New feature on this version)

The front end now also does basic sanity checking on the INI file location, so we shouldn't end up with blank XMLs anymore. I considered adding similar functionality to the parser itself, but I honestly don't think many people will run it from the command line, so having the front-end check it should be good enough.

Still working on icons. Also still trying to decide where to put the resulting XML file. Right now it gets put wherever the parser is, but I'd like to have it autoinstall in some way. Not entirely sure how I want to handle that.
Attached Files
File Type: zip preset_parser.zip (43.0 KB, 136 views)
Unread 03-01-2005, 12:28 PM
A Griffon

How can I include the same framestyle as the 'startbutton"

Code:
<Page AbsorbsInput="false" BackgroundOpacity="1.000" Name="WC_Frame" PackLocation="top,left" PackLocationProp="0000/0001,0000/0001" PackSize="absolute,absolute" PackSizeProp="-004/0001,-003/0001" RStyleDefault="/FrameStyles.win_gold_plain" ScrollExtent="62,59" Size="62,59"/>
<Page AbsorbsInput="false" BackgroundOpacity="1.000" Location="1,1" Name="WC_Backdrop" PackLocation="top,left" PackLocationProp="0001/0001,0001/0001" PackSize="absolute,absolute" PackSizeProp="0004/0001,0004/0001" ScrollExtent="54,52" Size="54,52"/>
Putting this code at the bottom of the eq2ui_mainhud_performancepanel.xml

Gives me the correct functionality of the windows settings.
With a background. But the gold frame does not show.

The gold frame does show in the UI Builder, but doesn't show in-game.

I'm assuming it's not inheiriting the FrameStyle properly.
I was not having much luck trying to set my own FrameStyle as I did with the
CheckBox styles, but it was getting late, and I was getting sleepy.

The FrameStyles were really throwing me off. They appear to work the same way, I just couldn't get a stinking frame to show for anything.

Edit:
I did edit the appropriate sizes' The code above is pasted from the 'startbutton' xml. Not the sizes i was using.
Unread 03-01-2005, 12:30 PM
Steward of the Faithful

The first thing that comes to mind is to make sure in window settings that you have Frame & Titlebar set to Frame Only and not None. Sometimes it defaults incorrectly.
Unread 03-01-2005, 12:39 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger
It seems like it would be easiest to just have the parser in the UI/Custom Directory.

The end-user could create a short-cut and place it on the desktop.

I also doubt many people will run the program from the command prompt.
I love the new front end for the parser.

This mod has gone from complicated as hell to for the end user to, 'almost' fool proof.

I'll adjust the inctuctions to include the additional file names.
And then finalize them once you decide on the placement and installer.

Personally I keep all my mods in the /UI/Custom directory.
and will probably keep the parser in there as well.

The Custom Directorys can't be nested.

If the program is run from the custom directory, and the files are output to the same directory
you can avoid any problems with people who have there directorys named something other than 'Custom'

And the parser now does appear to give the option to output the files wherever the user prefers.
Unread 03-01-2005, 12:40 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger
The first thing that comes to mind is to make sure in window settings that you have Frame & Titlebar set to Frame Only and not None. Sometimes it defaults incorrectly.

Yep, I checked that! Doesn't show in either case.

I was REALLY, REALLY sleepy though. So I'll take another look.
I'm hopeing that it's something simple. I was just not getting because my brain was mush.
Unread 03-01-2005, 12:45 PM
Steward of the Faithful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosmos
If the program is run from the custom directory, and the files are output to the same directory
you can avoid any problems with people who have there directorys named something other than 'Custom'
That's probably the easiest solution as far as placement goes (especially since it means the only change I have left to do to the parser is the wonk around with the icons.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosmos
And the parser now does appear to give the option to output the files wherever the user prefers.
The parser allows a choice of input (eq2_recent.ini) locations, but not output—the log and the XML always go to the same directory that the parser is in.