Closed Thread
Unread 07-12-2005, 10:02 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by sg97
I have a request that will be down on your todo list because other issues are far more important, but I would love it if you could make the icon backgrounds colored. Like red backgrounds for items you can't use, items for sale, or items in use (like when you are tradeskilling).

I had the out of memory crash yesterday, I had been tradeskilling just before, zoned out of instance and made it halfway across NQ before the crash.

Beautiful UI, keep up the good work!
I am not sure how to make it do that if its not automaticly doing it. Where have you seen it? I'll look at it and learn a new trick=)

If I ever get 1.11.5 out I think laff pointed me in the right direction on my memory crashing issue. I know I havn't been able to make it crash and been playing with full graphics just to try and make it go OOM..
Unread 07-13-2005, 07:36 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: Toxxulia

I am extremely surprised that you are actually going to try and fill my request, no one has ever before i feel so special lol, I want to thank you so so so much for the work you are doing, I checked out a UI builder, and I couldnt figure it out for the life of me, it has to be hard work.
Also one more thing, Whenever I log ogg, then get back on, my second (battle) window disappears and I have to create a new window everytime. Not sure if this is just me, or is someone has already posted it, but i didnt see anything about it on you To-Do list so i figured I would let ya know Thanks a billion!

Unread 07-13-2005, 08:02 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Befallen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin
I am not sure how to make it do that if its not automaticly doing it. Where have you seen it? I'll look at it and learn a new trick=)

If I ever get 1.11.5 out I think laff pointed me in the right direction on my memory crashing issue. I know I havn't been able to make it crash and been playing with full graphics just to try and make it go OOM..

The default interface uses the icons with color changing backgrounds. It's really handy when alts are looking in the shared bank to see what they can use =). Now all icons have a black background.

About the crashing issue, I have only had it happen that one time, just letting you know what I was doing before it happened.

Thanks again, you're working very hard and it's apparent that we all appreciate it!
Unread 07-13-2005, 10:18 AM
A Mist Grinnin
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaslover
I am extremely surprised that you are actually going to try and fill my request, no one has ever before i feel so special lol, I want to thank you so so so much for the work you are doing, I checked out a UI builder, and I couldnt figure it out for the life of me, it has to be hard work.
Also one more thing, Whenever I log ogg, then get back on, my second (battle) window disappears and I have to create a new window everytime. Not sure if this is just me, or is someone has already posted it, but i didnt see anything about it on you To-Do list so i figured I would let ya know Thanks a billion!

If when talking about your second battle window you mean your second chat window, then this problem is well known and it is due to a corrupt server_character_eq2_uisettings.ini file. The fix is to delete (or rename) your old ini, then download a clean one. I have two clean ones in my add-on for this UI, but they are only for 1600x1200 or 1280x1024 resolutions. If you using a different resolution they it's best to use the file located here. Keep in mind if you use the on in the my add-on then only use the ini file for your resolution that's in the download. If you don't want the other changes to the UI then don't extract the other files. I hope I haven't confused you too much.
Unread 07-13-2005, 09:37 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Default Update 1.11.5

Version 1.11.5

• Fixed the experience so that it will update with each kill or experience gained.
  • Fixed the auto find in the store window.
  • Made the suggested buttons the default button so all you have to do is press enter.
  • Fixed the help window and the CS ticket selecting issues.
  • Fixed the bags to resize correctly.
  • Chat window ‘should’ fade all the way out now.
  • Added a raid window control panel to the compass window. See note1 below.
  • Made it so if you click on your targets name you will assist them.
  • Made it so if you click on the name in the implied target window, it will become your target.
  • Crashing issue seems to be fixed. Thanks Laff
  • I have the bases of the notes window included. I just have to find time make the program to add notes to it. If you want you can add your own notes. Tabs are add in the notes_Tabs.xml and the notes are added in the notes_Notes.xml file in \Settings\Notes directory. Its up to you figure it right now while its in beta. You can display it by typing show_window MainHud.Notes in game.
  • Lots of internal changes here and there.
Note1: There is now a raid control panel in the compass window. Clicking on the word raid will turn on and off the raid window. There are also 4 dot boxes that relate to each group in the raid. Top to bottom is groups 1 – 4, undotting a box will turn off the corresponding group.

Last edited by Landiin : 07-13-2005 at 10:01 PM.
Unread 07-13-2005, 11:53 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Quote:
Version 1.11.5
  • Fixed the experience so that it will update with each kill or experience gained.
With this comes "The return of the mashed experience numbers".

Also the fetish maps are not working correctly. When you minimize the map it's not framed right, and once it's minimized it will not return to normal size. In other words you cannot "normalize" the map.

To bed before I find anything else...
Unread 07-14-2005, 12:04 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: Toxxulia

I just redownloaded the UI and I noticed that on the perfomance/xp window, you spelled "shaders" wrong hehe you spelled it sahders. spell effects and quality are also cut off a little bit. on the same window, the window you get when you click info, some of the words are overlapping making it hard to read. On the target window, you used to be able to show it as just the name and health/power bars, with no background, now I'm not sure if this is just me, if it is could you tell me how to get the background to go away? thats how I liked it lol.

That is all for now. Keep up the good work.
**Note** I sound like I am critisizing, I am truly not lol, just letting you know so you can fix it and continue to perfect this UI

Last edited by omegaslover : 07-14-2005 at 12:11 AM.
Unread 07-14-2005, 12:06 AM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Antonia Bayle

Hey Landiin, is the crashes you are talking about the out of memory crashes? Cause I seem to be getting a bunch of them and was wondering if it was related to the UI?
Unread 07-14-2005, 12:30 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackgee
With this comes "The return of the mashed experience numbers".

Also the fetish maps are not working correctly. When you minimize the map it's not framed right, and once it's minimized it will not return to normal size. In other words you cannot "normalize" the map.

To bed before I find anything else...
Hmm just got dont playing and the maps where working.. I'll take a gander at it. Mashed experience is the best experience lol.. grr ok will fix that also.
Unread 07-14-2005, 12:33 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaslover
I just redownloaded the UI and I noticed that on the perfomance/xp window, you spelled "shaders" wrong hehe you spelled it sahders. spell effects and quality are also cut off a little bit. on the same window, the window you get when you click info, some of the words are overlapping making it hard to read. On the target window, you used to be able to show it as just the name and health/power bars, with no background, now I'm not sure if this is just me, if it is could you tell me how to get the background to go away? thats how I liked it lol.

That is all for now. Keep up the good work.
**Note** I sound like I am critisizing, I am truly not lol, just letting you know so you can fix it and continue to perfect this UI
DANG my wife, I told her to get me a beer and spell check!!! lol j/k.. Thanks for bringing that to my attintion.. I R not the best speller. Yes I changed the way the backdrop was displayed on the target. I'll put it back so u can fade it out.

Note: none taken, without ya'lls eye catching this stuff it would never improve. by all means let me know
Unread 07-14-2005, 12:36 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagnar
Hey Landiin, is the crashes you are talking about the out of memory crashes? Cause I seem to be getting a bunch of them and was wondering if it was related to the UI?
Im thinking it was. Because ever time the computer would be under a heave and I would switch display settings I would get that error soon after. That started around umm 1.11.2 or 3.. I have been using 1.11.5 for 3 days and no crashes and been putting it through the ringer.. If you are still getting the error with 1.11.5 let me know.
Unread 07-14-2005, 12:37 AM
A Grizzled Badger

gonna load it up now and I'll keep an eye out...thanks Landiin
Unread 07-14-2005, 12:48 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

NEW TODO LIST:
  1. Fix the mashed experience numbers.
  2. Correct some spelling errors.
  3. Fix some words running off the edge.
  4. Make the backdrops of the target and implied aboe to fade again.
  5. Pray that Kagnar isn't still crashing with 1.11.5
  6. Map issues?
  7. Bigger inventory window and make it pop out when u press the I key.
  8. look into the ^^ not showing up over mobs name.( i refuse to make the font smaller)
  9. Fix the overlapping words in teh info window.
  10. UI settings files for mortals
Things I don't plan on doing unless every one wants to see added
  1. A new knowledge window.. I like fetishes.. but if I get all kinks out who knows.
Things I can not fixe because of SOE
  1. 3 tone colored health bars in the group and raid window.
  2. Saving the sound settings.
Also for them that requested guild logos I didn't forget about you, I am just super busy in RL ATM.
Unread 07-14-2005, 01:03 AM
A Mist Grinnin

Quote:
NEW TODO LIST:
Things I can not fixe because of SOE
  1. 3 tone colored health bars in the group and raid window.
Here's a quote from Live Update 12 on the test server:

- UI modders will be pleased to find that group dynamic data now works properly. Mod away!

You might be able to do this soon.. Keep your fingers crossed..
Unread 07-14-2005, 02:11 AM
A Grizzled Badger

bad news LAndiin.....just crashed on me....was in my room, and after setting some stuff for sale...it died on me again...same thing... Critical Out of Memory Error....

I have no clue whats going on.

EDIT: Also so you know.....seems ability queueing is broken or something

Oh and I am using mackgee's addon
Unread 07-14-2005, 03:29 AM
A Brown Bear

Landiin - the knowledge window is still causing some EXTREME lag (sorry, bad pun), is there any way i can fix that, i'm not afraid of a big, bad .xml file...

oh, and shaders is spelt wrong on the quick bar (it's got sahders or something)

other than that, this is an awesome mod - best so far
Unread 07-14-2005, 08:06 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagnar
bad news LAndiin.....just crashed on me....was in my room, and after setting some stuff for sale...it died on me again...same thing... Critical Out of Memory Error....

I have no clue whats going on.

EDIT: Also so you know.....seems ability queueing is broken or something

Oh and I am using mackgee's addon
Hmm, if you don't mind can u try doing this. Delet your extreme directory and unzip clean from the 1.11.5 if u didn't already. Then make a copy of your ui settings file and then delete the one ur using and use the one in my zip or just let the game make one. You don't have to fix it all back nice I just wanna see if it crashes with it. Just grasping here but maybe the ui settings file is saving some sort of data thats makeing it do that. I can't seem to get it to crash on mine. I'll keep trying now though.
Unread 07-14-2005, 08:11 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerf_Herder
Landiin - the knowledge window is still causing some EXTREME lag (sorry, bad pun), is there any way i can fix that, i'm not afraid of a big, bad .xml file...

oh, and shaders is spelt wrong on the quick bar (it's got sahders or something)

other than that, this is an awesome mod - best so far
Thank I'll check into why its makeing lag for you. If I was a betting man I would bet its the blue background that he used for the backdrop for the spell names. Just delete them and I bet ur lag is gone.
Unread 07-14-2005, 03:11 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Quote:
Hmm, if you don't mind can u try doing this. Delet your extreme directory and unzip clean from the 1.11.5 if u didn't already. Then make a copy of your ui settings file and then delete the one ur using and use the one in my zip or just let the game make one. You don't have to fix it all back nice I just wanna see if it crashes with it. Just grasping here but maybe the ui settings file is saving some sort of data thats makeing it do that. I can't seem to get it to crash on mine. I'll keep trying now though.
Well on the last time i loaded your UI in.....i did delete the entire directory, load in 1.11.5, and the patch from mackgee...and i used his uisettings file and made a couple changes....i'll try reloading it tonight and try a bunch of zoning....i really think it has something to do with the zoning cause it almost always happens when i zone or when im about to (i.e. clicking on the bell or a door)

EDIT: I am currently going after a full clean install of EQ2 right now...cause this basically all started when i had an issue in DFC one night...was first time I ever got an error like that

Last edited by Kagnar : 07-14-2005 at 03:31 PM.
Unread 07-14-2005, 07:23 PM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Neriak

I am having a couple of issues using your UI currently.

1) Whenever I have a message in the bar to the left of my main Hotbar (spell names, fizzle messages, etc.) I am unable to use my first few hotbar icons until the text in that bar is gone. Hope I am explaining the problem well enough... perhaps the overlay for text to put in that spell cast bar is running over the hotbar?

2) When in my "merchant mode" in my house and I have my store open , I am unable to use the "Find this item" feature in my store window to correctly list prices for items to compare. The button works, the item name appears in the sort box of the newly-opened broker window, but clicking on FIND in the newly-opened Broker window is having no effect. In order to see any others selling that item, I must clear the box by hitting RESET and typing in the item name manually to get a list of sell prices from other sellers in town for each item.

3) Using the HELP window from the OPTIONS popup window is not allowing me to select a topic in the list offered for any search parameters I input. I see the list of article subjects but am unable to mouse over any to sucessfully click to see the contents of the article in the HELP database from SOE... I can use the default window in a default UI fine so I know it is not an SOE problem.

4) in the "inventory window" when I have the coinage window showing, dragging coin to trade with a player or with my bank results in the amount-selector box being hidden behind the main window. I cannot use the selector window to choose coin amounts without moving the inventory window down every time I use the feature. Makes it very tedious when trying to move coin currently.

Think those are all the big issues I have found in the couple of days I have tried this UI. It was a clean install and was happening as of 1.11.4. I see you have a update 13 Jul that is 1.11.5, but dont see any of these issues addressed in your notes so figure they are still there. However, I have installed the new update and will log in shortly to see if the problems I describe are still present.

Last edited by Kobara : 07-14-2005 at 07:28 PM.
Unread 07-14-2005, 07:36 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Here is the update so far.....

reinstalled EQ2, full update on it including the optional voice packs, and then setup my graphical options...which are a hair above High Performance...

Installed eXtremeUI without the extra patch and without using your uisettings file....im gonna let EQ2 make one and im gonna run for the night and see when and if I crash out...will be fighting in splitpaw some tonight...when it crashes i will let you know what i was doing and how long it took...
Unread 07-14-2005, 07:52 PM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Beta 1

Out of Memory error still exist =( I removed the folder then put a new one in and still happens =( Would prolly just be easier to remove all the crap and just go w/performance pannel would clear up some room also
Unread 07-14-2005, 10:05 PM
A Grizzled Badger

got it again tonight Landiin.....zoned into QH from greystone heading towards the bell area.....didnt make it to the bridge...seems to be the same place i always crash in QH hehehe
Unread 07-14-2005, 10:23 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I end up at the character select screen when zoning very often after this update ...Seam to happen the most when zoning out from my inn, but also at other places ...i will try to delete the Ui directory and the "server_name..." file and see what happens..
Unread 07-14-2005, 10:53 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thumbs Up

Seam to be working better now (used a clean unzip and new Ui settings from MackGee's Tweakpack) ...will have to try it out more tonight after work to really know...

Thank you Landiin for the update btw.. it sorted out alot of issues
Closed Thread