EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 05-02-2005, 08:18 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Blackburrow

much thanks,did read thru the documentation and must have missed it"realy must remeber to read every line"/self bonk on head
Unread 05-02-2005, 12:47 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Zonx been using your UI for months now, I think its great and have had several people convert over to it after seeing some screenies of it.

I agree with Binton about the having to mouse over to see text is a pain your own proposed suggestion of stealth mode only when titlebar is off would rock, look forward to the next update.

My thanks for your efforts they truly are appreciated by myself.
Unread 05-02-2005, 01:55 PM
A Sea Turtle

As usual I am lovin' fetish classic mod. The only two issues I have is the stealth chat boxes (which I saw the fix to a few posts above) and the guild xp bar. I am running it at 1600 x 1200 and my guild is lvl 15. the number 15 is overlayed under the xp bar. Not really a show stopper but would be nice to see it proper. Other than that I look forward to seeing the LU#8 version of fetish classic
Unread 05-02-2005, 02:26 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unkown

OK Look.

Oeric's MookChat with Hide-a-scroll

Chat input is toggled by turning on and off the titlebar, which is never visible anyway. The scrolls only show if you mouseover the specific area (located on the right). If you use this, the chatpage wont jump around on you. The scrollbar will still cover MAYBE two letters of text on the right, but again, thats only when you hover over the scrollbar area specifically.

Zonx, If it help's I could upload a version of this as an addon to your main download. (Don't know why I should, because it's got its own download.)
Unread 05-03-2005, 01:53 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Nah, between the one you uploaded as a Nightfall addon and the 3.4 version, everyone should now have 3 chat window options to choose from if they just do a little looking on the site

The next release will link input stealthing to the titlebar display so that chat windows with the titlebar on won't stealth the input. Scrollbars will always hide on mouse out. Also a copy of the 3.4 version with no stealthing will be included in the ZIP as an alt version.

Not gonna touch the curent guild window since the version on Test is completely different.
Unread 05-03-2005, 05:56 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Merchant Board

I've been using your interface for a little over a month now. Recently, I went back to my room and tried selling at the Merchant Board, and was unable to.

It wasn't allowing me to set prices on any of the items in my inventory, as they were not showing up in the merchant board window. I read through the posts here and didn't see anything concerning this, so thought I'd ask.

The board window only displays "Coin gain all time" and 999999pp, 99999gp etc. (I wish it were real)

Any help would be cool. Just haven't been selling anything for the past few weeks, but banks starting to get full!
Unread 05-04-2005, 11:46 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Befallen

it 3.5 compliant with patch #8?

haven't downloaded it yet, and the new guild window doesn't work in 3.4

ahh, just read yer post Zonx, lol

it's not compliant. I'll just delete the guild file, untill you get it working =)

you da man, I know enough people have said it, but I haven't =)

Last edited by Spydie : 05-04-2005 at 11:51 AM.
Unread 05-04-2005, 12:12 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I am on 3.5 and I could not load the guild window as well... I had to take the eq2ui_mainhud_guild.xml from the default eq2 setup and drop it into the fetish UI folder.
Unread 05-04-2005, 12:13 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I seem to be missing my icons above the map, that let you show the minimap, etc. The only one up there is Show Dock... This happened the patch before today's. I removed 3.4 and installed 3.5 and no dice.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Going into Window Settings for the Map window and clicking "Default Oppacities" correctly reset the window and made the buttons visible again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	map.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	2578  

Last edited by Jedis : 05-04-2005 at 12:26 PM.
Unread 05-04-2005, 01:47 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Jedis, try Window Settings --)> Titlebar & Frame

Might need to tweak the titlebar opacity sliders.

Looks like everything is installed properly, you just have the titlebar set to hide. Notice you're also missing the loc area.
Unread 05-04-2005, 01:48 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Default Guild Window Temp Fix

Just delete eq2ui_mainhud_guild.xml from your Fetish directory for now.

3.6 will be uploaded sometime today.
Unread 05-04-2005, 06:11 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Guk
Default New Guild UI

Zonx,

Great UI!!!!

However with the new patch i can't open the guild window @ all. Will 3.6 Address this new issue?

Thanks!
Unread 05-04-2005, 06:21 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huon
Zonx,

Great UI!!!!

However with the new patch i can't open the guild window @ all. Will 3.6 Address this new issue?

Thanks!
Did you even read previous entries before you posted? Just look at the post right above yours, to start.
Unread 05-05-2005, 06:30 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Default Classic 3.6 Released

Version 3.6 is available for download.

Version notes

Note: If you're using one of the Goth Themes, you will need to download the 3.6 version of that theme in addition to the main download.

Don't forget to rate the download and add it to your favorites if you haven't already

Last edited by Zonx : 05-05-2005 at 07:23 AM.
Unread 05-05-2005, 08:26 AM
A Griffon

CRASH! Remember that problem I was having before in UI Builder? It's back Nothing after MAPS shows up, and the proxyactor and IME are imbedded in the MainHUD XML file. I dont even remember what I did last time to fix it. Thats really annoying.

BLargs!! The Goth updates havent cleared yet.
Unread 05-05-2005, 12:27 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Run the EQ2MAPs auto-updater

If you saved from UIBuilder since having this prob, you'll want to reextract Fetish.
Unread 05-06-2005, 11:53 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Really nice UI Zonx.

I have read through this thread and have not seen mention of a problem I have. (it's possible I could have missed something).

When I camp to character select I only see my character I was just playing. The rest of the created characters do not show up at all. I now have to camp to desktop and restart the game to log into an alt. No big deal really, but if I can change something to fix it I would like to.

Any ideas?

Thanks much
Unread 05-06-2005, 01:12 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Problem with quest journal

This issue may have been addressed somehwere on this board, but I do not see it. I just installed the map updater along with the new UI. Everything works great except my quest journal colors are not matching. What may read as a blue quest, yellow quest, orange quest, and even red quest all show up green in my quest window at the top right. Inside my journal, the conning colors are fine, but within the window they are all green.

Any ideas?
Unread 05-07-2005, 03:11 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Ovidious, that's a new one on me. You can try deleteing eq2ui_newcharacterscene.xml (something like that) from your Fetish directory to restore the default character select.

Bartolis, another new one on me. Just checked and my quest helper titles are showing the proper con color. You can delete eq2ui_quests_active.xml from your Fetish directory to restore the default.
Unread 05-07-2005, 10:35 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Talking EQ Button

Zonx,

Here is one for ya.. I've had it happen 2 times now, and don't know what causes it, or how to resolve it easily. Twice now, my EQ button has completely disappeared. I've changed resolutions to see if I pulled it off the screen, but it's nowhere to be found. I've had the same thing happen in the past with the XP bar. Both I have had to resolve by deleting the Steamfont_character_eq2_uisettings.ini file. Is there a different way I can resolve this? It has only done it with the fetish mods, but that's all I have used besides stock anyway.

Keep up the AWSOME job! I love the work you have done!

Sab
Unread 05-07-2005, 12:37 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabien852
Zonx,

Here is one for ya.. I've had it happen 2 times now, and don't know what causes it, or how to resolve it easily. Twice now, my EQ button has completely disappeared. I've changed resolutions to see if I pulled it off the screen, but it's nowhere to be found. I've had the same thing happen in the past with the XP bar. Both I have had to resolve by deleting the Steamfont_character_eq2_uisettings.ini file. Is there a different way I can resolve this? It has only done it with the fetish mods, but that's all I have used besides stock anyway.

Keep up the AWSOME job! I love the work you have done!

Sab
sounds like maybe you accidentally did the keystroke shortcut to hide it. I dont remember what it is offhand, but that is what i am thinking. next time this happens either perform the shortcut command (whatever it is) or type /show_window MainHUD.StartMenu That should bring it up for yu to see.
Unread 05-07-2005, 06:26 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Lightbulb Got it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_roenfanz
sounds like maybe you accidentally did the keystroke shortcut to hide it. I dont remember what it is offhand, but that is what i am thinking. next time this happens either perform the shortcut command (whatever it is) or type /show_window MainHUD.StartMenu That should bring it up for yu to see.
I thank you for the command to get the window open.. It allowed me to find that alt+` turns main menu on and off.. I now know why I have lost it twice. I use alt+1 to throw daggers.. Thanks for the help, I had gone through all the alt keys except for a few (Didn't think of ` as one that would be used).

Thanks again,
Sab (Moron extrodinaire)
Unread 05-09-2005, 07:21 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Had the wrong UI

I noticed I had a different UI than the one you created Zonx. I deleted what I had, and downloaded your Fetish Nightfall.

LOVE IT!

But I do have a question about the Nightfall UI. I really love the "bag bar", but once I open it and start to play; every now and then I look down and it is gone. If I open my inventory and reopen the "bag bar" everything is fine. After a while it vanishes again. More than likely there is a keyboard shortcut that is closing this window. Do you have an idea what that may be, or what my problem seems to be?

Also in a previous UI I was experimenting with, I noticed they had an option for /con. This toggled back and forth from the "single and double up arrow" system when the game first started and the bracket system of today. Any chance you are going to incorporate that in your UI, is it already there and I haven't looked hard enough, OR is there something I can simply type into the chat window to make change myself?

Thanks in advance, (and once again I am LOVING the Nightfall UI)

---'Ole Achilles never saw that heal coming---

Last edited by bartolis : 05-09-2005 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Forgot to add a question
Unread 05-09-2005, 08:11 AM
A Sea Turtle

Heya... As always great mod. One request though. I do not care for the disappearing chat line in your chat window. You mentioned above that I could pull the old version from 3.4 but I cannot find it listed.

Any chance you include the original version in your 3.6 download as an option to install or at least post the file on your download page so we can get it easy if we prefer the original chat box.
Unread 05-09-2005, 10:52 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paganstar
Heya... As always great mod. One request though. I do not care for the disappearing chat line in your chat window. You mentioned above that I could pull the old version from 3.4 but I cannot find it listed.

Any chance you include the original version in your 3.6 download as an option to install or at least post the file on your download page so we can get it easy if we prefer the original chat box.
_simple_eq2ui_mainhud_mainchat.xml i believe