EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 12-10-2006, 09:55 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Thanks for responding! I deleted both files and it didn't make the names reappear. I also ran a full file scan again nothing. Then I deleted my LaffSV8 folder and downloaded it again. Still have circles where npc names should appear. As far as I can tell all npc options are on in the game.

My husband has the same issue on his computer too.
Unread 12-11-2006, 10:37 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Runnyeye

Ah found the problem .. Doh.

The npc names is the only mod I have done to the respective file.. and the change was only to get the size of the text smaller than default... A different file ended up getting placed in the zip file insted, That had referances to other fonts I was messing with..

Heres the proper version, just drop that in the LAFFSV8 folder and overwrite the old one..
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_proxyactor.xml (14.8 KB, 523 views)
Unread 12-11-2006, 02:42 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Awesome! Thank you!

I will put that file in the folder when I get home. I checked it at work and at least on this computer the names show again.

Unread 12-11-2006, 07:53 PM
A Griffon

Kool .... I cant find half the mobs or npc's I need with the eq2 map and the names above the heads nevermind without heheh
Unread 12-30-2006, 10:19 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Hi all,

I'm having a problem running this UI. My resolution is set to 1280 x 1024 and I renamed the right ini file. When I go in everything appears to be in order except for the hotkeys. I think the problem is the icons that fit in there are too large, so say for like row 1 that is under the Target bar its suppsoed to fit all 12 but on mine it fits only 10 . The next 2 start in a new row below it. How do I fix this?

Thanks!
Unread 12-30-2006, 01:36 PM
A Griffon

So resize the hotbar icons, by right clicking and selecting the icon size with the slider... 32 is what I use at the same res.
Unread 01-01-2007, 11:07 AM
A Griffon

This file is for all you guys that cant get the contest window up or if it shows blank...
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud.xml (3.3 KB, 515 views)
Unread 02-10-2007, 01:30 PM
A Brown Bear

Default Strange Issue with Group Window

Since 2 lu's ago i have this odd issue with the group window and buff windows.

1. Group window - group position 6 is always blacked out as if the person is not in zone even when they are. i can still click on position 6 to target the person it's just that the display is off

2. Maintained buffs window - this is where your self buffs appear, the one to left of the target window. the mouse over alignment is off for me. in other words if i hover over a buff i will often see the effect of the one next to it.

i don't think it's a settings file problem because i restored older copies of the file from some time back and i consistently see the same issues.

still the best ui in the universe though. thanks in advance for any help someone can provide.
Unread 02-10-2007, 10:17 PM
A Griffon

1. You still have the older version of the group window that was missing some updated code to the bar style's on member 6

2. Now i have just noticed this myself tonight when hovering over a maintained buff.. Its not happened before to me in that window so I will have to look into this.... Maybe I still have an old tooltip text on some icons maybe /shrug

Thanks I will see if this is fixable
Unread 02-10-2007, 10:31 PM
A Brown Bear

which particular xml file do i need to replace then?

is it eq2ui_mainhub_groupmembers.xml ?

also i noticed that in one of the updates the macros went from being a horizontal window to a vertical one. is it possible to get the horizontal one back from an earlier version? if so which file would that be ?

thanks again for all the help.
Unread 02-10-2007, 10:48 PM
A Griffon

Yes it will be the groupmembers file

As for the macros.. they were part of the old emote window that I was using a while back in this UI .. but due to the massive changes in code that took place I decided to strip out all windows that were not realy essential to teh opperation of the UI in an effort to make it quicker to update / maintain... You could get the old version of the window back but it is now missing some features and will probably cause problems with the UI at present...Maybe I will add this back in at a later date..

As for now I am working on the "click to cure" for the group window.. Based loosely on the way it works with the Fetish UI...

So far I have only done the code for group member 1 !

The only way I could test this was to make a hybrid kind of buttons in my player window to get the basics working..

So if anyone would care to test this a bit more for me it would be a great help =)

All I need to know is if when you click on the effects icons on the little group member 1 box that they actualy cast the spell and cure teh group member.. (note its only group member 1 that has the code on those icons atm)

Just drop the 2 files here into the Laffs folder... The sooner I get some feedback on if this realy is workign or not the quicker I can get it included in the UI ..

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: xml _Laffs_mainhud_cures.xml (1.4 KB, 457 views)
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_groupmembers.xml (25.6 KB, 521 views)
Unread 05-17-2007, 05:39 PM
A Nerius Seer

Server: Blackburrow
Default hmm still having issues.

Laffs, i couldn't get an attachment in the email system so here they are. one is showing you the pet bar i use (it is included in your .zip file.

The other shows the issues with circles where I've noticed the problems before.

Krylosis.

PS: this is after deleting your old ui file folder before installing the new.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Eq2 ui ss for pet bar.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	5779  Click image for larger version

Name:	error ss 01.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	5780  
Unread 05-17-2007, 08:51 PM
A Griffon

Okies the SS's make it all clear to me now what the problem is lol ... I did so many variations on the pet window's etc That is one that I had forgotten about! ...

So what do you want me to do with it? do you want bars in that pet window you have in the SS or you could use just the pet window that comes with Laffs Lite as that has buttons and bars and fits under the target window like how it used to when it was all one window. Let me know

That experience window you are using has not been updated, but I will do so for you ...

I wasnt sure if anyone was even using this UI anymore let alone the alt windows it contains, so it seemed daft to spend loads of time updating everything if its not in use, if you with me..

Gimmie a shout in 2 days time if I havent updated that exp window for you then send me a pm saying so and tell ME this,

"Alt exp window still needs update its the one on your desktop!!"

Okies lol
Unread 05-17-2007, 10:45 PM
A Nerius Seer

lol alrighty, i will do so heh as to what the pet bar was.. i don't really care where the pet's life indicator is either under or over the pet commands or back under the target bar for health and commands elsewhere.. hehe either way it's just not easy to know a pet's health

hehe wow... i dunno i like this ui the best with the alt windows

thanks again!

Krylosis
Unread 05-18-2007, 12:31 PM
A Griffon

Heres the alt exp window.. and the pet window for Laffs Lite that fits under the target bar.. give that a try.. there is 2 buttons that show on mouse over on the ends of the other buttons and also there is a pet resume button to press after the pet has pulled and you called it to back off.
Attached Files
File Type: zip update.zip (4.4 KB, 264 views)
Unread 05-19-2007, 10:50 AM
A Nerius Seer

thanks! I'll port it to the other pc and give it a try soon!

Krylosis

/edit: I tried it and i still get at the top: Level Level XX XXXXXX and the coins still have a number over them... but the exp display seems to nolonger be and issue and the pet bar works wonders! thanks! just have to get used to the new locations of the buttons on the ui but that's not a big deal =) THANKS!

Last edited by Krylosis : 05-19-2007 at 11:08 AM.
Unread 05-19-2007, 12:56 PM
A Griffon

Oops overlooked that lol... try this then
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml (28.5 KB, 486 views)
Unread 05-20-2007, 02:42 AM
A Nerius Seer

that worked wonders!!!!! thanks! you rock as always!

Krylosis
Unread 05-20-2007, 10:43 AM
A Griffon

Hehe kool thanks... better look after you I think your the only one left that uses my UI's LOL
Unread 05-20-2007, 11:37 PM
A Nerius Seer

what are the differences between the other uis you maintain? or do you think i'm the only one that works with uis you maintain? lol
Unread 05-24-2007, 04:33 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unrest

Hi Laffs lol mate i am another user of your UI have been for a very long time so rest easy there are still some of us out here
Unread 05-26-2007, 08:59 PM
A Nerius Seer

and I'm more than willing to do any testing you need me to do Laffs, just let me know i'll do it and let you see what it's like. =)

Krylosis

PS: I keep spreading word about how cool your UI is! oh and I saw you were still wondering if the regular ui did the target color change. I'll test that out and let you know. i do not believe it does.

Last edited by Krylosis : 05-26-2007 at 09:05 PM.
Unread 05-26-2007, 10:38 PM
A Griffon

Thanks guys ... I will get this update out in approx 12 hours from now roughly.. need sleep and still have much RL work to do.

Krylosis,

Well I have over time been working on making all 3 UI's use basicly the same styles and code base.. Laffs Lite may look like like a cut down version of Perdition bottom V8 but the code was very different from it back then, as I changed the internals so much it was easier just to start afresh . That meant I had 3 different sets of code to maintain .. now it is about 70% generic across all 3 ... Meaning a window from Laffs will plug into Perdition UI, most of the time lol.
Unread 05-27-2007, 12:06 AM
He Who Holds the XML
Premium Member

Server: Nektulos

Hey Laffs, it's great to see that you've kept this mod going for so long. I'm thinking about coming back to EQ2 and I'm right back in the groove of using the UI again. I still have old versions of code Perdition and I were working on back in 2005.

Hopefully I'll have time to get back into modifying the UI; I will certainly be using this as a springboard again.

Aalwein | Bartolomeu
"Vae puto deus fio."
Unread 05-27-2007, 10:23 PM
A Nerius Seer

well laffs if you need me to test something out since i do play in 1600 by 1200 and i know you don't i'm of course willing to do so. =) just let me know

aalwin would you by chance have the alt color pack that used to be offered with perdi and laffs? especially the neon purple?

Krylosis