EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 11-12-2005, 09:29 PM
A Nerius Seer

Server: Blackburrow
Default hehehe

well if you want or need it tested in 1600 by 1200 let me know i'll work with it =)

Krylosis
Unread 11-17-2005, 03:02 AM
A Nerius Seer

Default ok something new i think has happened.

i've been noticing that hte hot bars that have icons that are flashing due to being an HO completion or advance button black out completely instead of flash. =) a little annoying but not too badly. thought I'd let you know Laffs since you are only one person and can't catch all the problems =). i'll work at getting a screen shot for you.

Kryosis
Unread 11-17-2005, 06:27 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Antonia Bayle

in persona windows dont have information of account activation days. plz put in in future!!!
Unread 11-17-2005, 11:07 AM
A Nerius Seer

make sure you have the latest version of this UI. I have it and that info in mine. =).

Krylosis
Unread 11-17-2005, 01:17 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Missing Mechant window skin

I am using this mod and it seems the skin for the merchant window is missing. Mine comes up totally white. Not sure why it seems to be only me that has this issue. Just thought I would mention it. All other windows look correct.
Unread 11-18-2005, 01:14 PM
A Nerius Seer

Default petition window

hey laffs, here is a pic of the petition window and one of the selections box. the text in the petition is not affected. =) anyways hope this helps and I have the current UI update too (11/11)

Krylosis

Last edited by Krylosis : 05-17-2007 at 05:33 PM.
Unread 11-21-2005, 01:58 PM
A Brown Bear

Default Compass Issue

i'm just wondering if everyone has the same compass issue i do. i think i recall one other person posting something on the comments on the download page but i could be wrong.

essentially my compass if off by 90 degrees. if it's pointed north i'm actually headed east i think it is and so on.

a small complaint about the best ui out there but this would be nice on those occasions where i'm trying to find a specific loc.
Unread 11-21-2005, 02:16 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Runnyeye

Oks here is a compass and merchant window for you guys to try...

The issue with the help window is down to soe's default dropdown boxes.. And I asume that they will be doing somthing about this in the next patch... If they dont then I guess I will have to lol
Attached Files
File Type: zip compass_merchant.zip (3.1 KB, 250 views)
Unread 11-22-2005, 04:20 AM
A Brown Bear

updated compass worked beautifully. helped me out finding some locs tonite. thanks a ton. i didn't test the merchant window because i have no issue there so i wasn't sure what i was looking for.

one other thing i noticed is that on the top spellbar you can no longer click off your own effects. was wondering if this is a product of overall changes to the ui in general or something specific to this one.

thanks again for all the hard work, i find it hard to play without this fantastic ui.
Unread 11-22-2005, 11:40 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thanks Laffs. these files did the trick

Skirlock
Unread 11-22-2005, 12:58 PM
A Griffon

Thanks guys pleased they work...

No the right click problem with that window is just specific to this ... and I will be fixing it soon..
Unread 11-23-2005, 11:07 PM
A Brown Bear

Is there a slot for food and drink in your inventory? I don't have any showing, so I can't stop eating and drinking when I am afk. Am I missing it?

Thanks

Ravandail
Unread 11-28-2005, 10:04 AM
A Nerius Seer

Default target bar

hey laffs, i took the target bar you fixed for the lite ui, and it works like a charm. one thing i notice is that it does not have a health bar, just the % numbers and all else works

Krylosis
Unread 11-28-2005, 01:52 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krylosis
hey laffs, i took the target bar you fixed for the lite ui, and it works like a charm. one thing i notice is that it does not have a health bar, just the % numbers and all else works

Krylosis
Bars dont work because that one has a different reference / path to the style, This will be getting an updated target bar soon, Just trying to iron out any bugs atm, So you get a proper version hence it actualy cuts down on my work in the long run
Unread 11-28-2005, 07:15 PM
A Nerius Seer

Default hehe

I see. well it works and i'll wait, just thought i'd let you know and others that if they have the target window minimized on log in could use that window for the time being.

Laffs you are the best. you do great work, surpassed only by the art of TKing!

Krylosis

(hey gotta pay hommage to da KING! heh.. couldn't resist..)

but you are the best skinner i've seen in EQ2
Unread 11-28-2005, 07:55 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krylosis
I see. well it works and i'll wait, just thought i'd let you know and others that if they have the target window minimized on log in could use that window for the time being.

Laffs you are the best. you do great work, surpassed only by the art of TKing!

Krylosis

(hey gotta pay hommage to da KING! heh.. couldn't resist..)

but you are the best skinner i've seen in EQ2
Thank you for that mate, I am just a humble guy that likes to share my work / ideas with others, If it wasnt for this comunity I / we wouldnt be able to do that ... As for Mr King you his artwork does rock I gotta agree, Some real impressive stuff .. looking forward to a download so I can take a look in game myself.... Graphics aint my thing its taken me like 4 months to just grasp how the .DDS stuff works lmao ... Now I can actualy do somthing with those files lol ... Its the adaptation of and the intergration of and some crafty programing that makes it work for me lol

/salute
Unread 12-04-2005, 10:21 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Startbutton

Thanks for the great interface.
I would like the startbutton at the top left with all of the extra functions on it with the replacement bar where the old startbutton was but i cant seem to work it out. What are the names of the two files i need to put in my Laffsv8 folder to get this to happen?
Thamks in advance.
Unread 12-05-2005, 11:11 AM
A Griffon

I think this is the set of windows that you refer to give you the set up you want...

Just drop them all in the LAFFSV8 folder and overwrite the existing one's

(also take a look at the read me file that is in this zip as well m8)
Attached Files
File Type: zip ALT_PLAYER_CASTING_WINDOW.zip (14.6 KB, 230 views)
Unread 12-06-2005, 09:51 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Splitpaw
Default Thanks

I know that you prefer to work on your other UI, but please keep on with this version - I pretty much can't play with anything but this one

nice work again !
Unread 12-07-2005, 09:08 PM
A Coastal Crab

Smile The eternal mushroom

I saw an earlier response from Laff's that's he's aware of the problem of not being able to right-click the upper spell bar to disable a spell, but I thought I'd relate a somewhat humorous effect of this:

Several days ago, I cast Summon Zygomid to create a little mushroom pet (you get it in splitpaw arena). Later on when I wanted to get rid of the rascal, I found I couldn't! The spell doesn't appear on the lower spellbar, nor does it appear in the maintained spells bar, only in the upper bar where you can't turn it off.

The little booger follows you around EVERYWHERE and doesn't disappear on its own, so he's still following me around 5 days later! lol!

It's not a big deal, just kinda funny.

I'm also experiencing the same problem as Krylosis with the petition window -- items are black. And I also can't seem to click in the text box in the friends window either. I have to add / remove friends w/ commands. (ie. /friend).

BTW, very nice interface, Laff's, thank you very much for it! I think I speak for us all when I say we appreciate your hard work.

Last edited by sfx100 : 12-08-2005 at 05:49 AM.
Unread 12-08-2005, 09:56 AM
A Griffon

Roflmao ...... Thats so funny with the mushroom

I am going to remake the effects window today,

The comunity window mod I will replace with the Laffs Lite one ... As the only change I have made to that window is move the close button etc down into the main window and remove the fancy backgrounds for the titlebar..

I will take a closer look at and actualy play with this UI on the test server and fix whatever else is broken / not working correctly far as I can see..

Thanks to all who are still using this UI and your patience in waiting for updates an stuff
Unread 12-08-2005, 08:31 PM
A Griffon

Default Updates

Oks I been playing with this UI again .. and have updated the stuff I found to be not right etc

But you guys need to keep me posted on this please, Like any little bugs / requests you guys have that use this UI...

This was my first real attempt at at a full UI overhaul so to speak based on Perdition's UI (that I maintain now also, as a shrine to the work of Perdition)

So having said that I dont want it to fall by the wayside so to speak.. So I would like to hear of stuff you guys might like to be added to this UI still
Unread 12-17-2005, 12:30 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I have a couple questions:

1. I have some how lost the blue bar that shows how much power I have left. How can I get that back? What is the name of the .xms file that controls that?

2. I like to play in full screen but every time I log in, I am in widescreen (letterbox). I can go into options and adjust the letterbox back to zero but the next time I log in I have the letterboxes again. Any way I can change this so that I do not always start in widescreen?
Unread 12-18-2005, 05:20 AM
A Griffon

Server: Unkown
Default Winner!!

LAFFS FOR TEH WIN!!!
Unread 12-21-2005, 11:35 PM
A Brown Bear

Default Live Update 18 fix??

Laff I really love the UI, but since Live update 18 will there be a fix to what SOE added?

Keep up the awesome work.

Tasoaden 60 Templar/60 Alchemist
Rathe Server