EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 11-09-2005, 08:58 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle

Was about to post about the house store as well. You beat me to it..... All tabs show Merchandise.........
Unread 11-09-2005, 10:41 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Broken/Missing Items since patch

Items I've seen that no longer work right, or are missing sections or information after the update include: Bank, Market, Store, Inventory (either version) and the Persona tab.

Looks like these all need to be updated to handle the new look and information provided after the latest patch. I know your all over it, just wanted to let you know what I had seen thus far.

Thanks!
Unread 11-10-2005, 12:39 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest

Hey all

I just wanted to post a quick update.
You should have been seeing automatic updates throughout the day if your using my interface pieces. (If your using another author's mods there will be a delay as they have to post an update then I have to upload that to the ThorUI AU)

If an Author has posted an update and I haven't gotten to it yet, please let me know.

I saved the store window for last as it's going to take a bit of time. (I'm on it now)

As always, let me know if you see any issues.

From what I can tell only outstanding issue is the store window for in house sales and a few windows with old frames.
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 11-10-2005, 07:28 AM
A Brown Bear

Took me a bit of work, but got your UI all working and placed how I like it. Great UI thanks for all the hard work.

One request, is there a way to set the AA/AF command line in the EQ2.ini file? Currently the updater replaces the ini file everytime.
Unread 11-10-2005, 10:10 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default current problems with the UI (as at patch time 10 Nov 05)

Firstly let me extend my thanks to you and all the other modders who contributed to this fantastic UI.

OK current things not working right (mostly since LU16):-

1. Map POI's all missing for Antonica (no matter which mode I try).

2. Room trader/vault market browser won't detect the item from your trader board window when you click "find this item".

3. Can't adjust the size of the target window and the bottom half of the lower row of data is cut off.

4. The feature to let you log to other characters directly isn't working as it won't detect my other characters.

5. Can't close a lot of windows (inventory bags, bank bags, bank window, etc) usuing their "x" in the top right corner - it 'clicks' but nothing happens.

6. Journal not updating correctly - completed quest total not increasing when you complete a quest (mine is now over 10 behind my actual total!) and some quests not updating in the journal (e.g. still shows a spirit shard recovery quest when I have got the shard back)!

7. Persona Window - no paperdoll - that tab has been replaced by another tab that lets you adjust some character settings!

Slaas Quester - 49 Paladin - Highkeep server

Last edited by slaas : 11-10-2005 at 10:27 AM.
Unread 11-10-2005, 11:21 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

See below comments.
Thank you VERY much for taking the time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaas
Firstly let me extend my thanks to you and all the other modders who contributed to this fantastic UI.

OK current things not working right (mostly since LU16):-

1. Map POI's all missing for Antonica (no matter which mode I try).
-EQ2Map project team is working on the map which should resolve these issues when they are done.

2. Room trader/vault market browser won't detect the item from your trader board window when you click "find this item".
-This is broken for now until I get more time. I did a quick fix to get users so they could atleast sell. I'll tackle the "find it" button soon.

3. Can't adjust the size of the target window and the bottom half of the lower row of data is cut off.
-Which target window do you use? I support 3 which to the best of my knowledge are all working. and there are 1 or 2 more by other authors.

4. The feature to let you log to other characters directly isn't working as it won't detect my other characters.
-You have to update the file manually by opening with notepad and changing character to your characters name and server to your servers name. (I'll get detailed instructions soon.) I just added my own version based off of Mahonri's version in order to match the new frames.

5. Can't close a lot of windows (inventory bags, bank bags, bank window, etc) usuing their "x" in the top right corner - it 'clicks' but nothing happens.
-My original versions had this issue but I resolved late last night. Can you verify by running the updater again and seeing if they download?

6. Journal not updating correctly - completed quest total not increasing when you complete a quest (mine is now over 10 behind my actual total!) and some quests not updating in the journal (e.g. still shows a spirit shard recovery quest when I have got the shard back)!
-Have to wait for the original author to update this one or I will have to take a stab at it.

7. Persona Window - no paperdoll - that tab has been replaced by another tab that lets you adjust some character settings!
-They added the options tab with LU16 and it has to be there to access those options. you will notice the show hood and show illusions buttons on the start button no longer funtion fully. The paper doll is accessable by clicking your name on the stat page. I'll add an actual button as soon as I am able.

Slaas Quester - 49 Paladin - Highkeep server
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 11-10-2005, 11:22 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

There is a "do not update if file is newer" option within the options section.
Try that and let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despach
Took me a bit of work, but got your UI all working and placed how I like it. Great UI thanks for all the hard work.

One request, is there a way to set the AA/AF command line in the EQ2.ini file? Currently the updater replaces the ini file everytime.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 11-10-2005, 12:29 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

ok only had a short time today to read so i apologize if ive repeated anything...

1 the show hood/illusion buttons on the start menu no longer work (due to them being accessed through your persona window now)

2 no food/drink slot in inv.

3 persona window not showing total days active

thats all ive had issues with...

-Sturmhmmer
Unread 11-10-2005, 02:30 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

SOE changed the options for show hood/illusions and that's what broke the startbar. I'll work on updating this but since they added those options to the persona window it's accessable therefore will come later. sorry

My inventory has all the updates but some didn't like it so may be using another authors version that's been included in the ThorUI AU.
You can switch to my version by going into options untill the other authors have a chance to update their versions.

I must have missed the total days active part. I'll add this to my list.

Thanks for your post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ive Defected
ok only had a short time today to read so i apologize if ive repeated anything...

1 the show hood/illusion buttons on the start menu no longer work (due to them being accessed through your persona window now)

2 no food/drink slot in inv.

3 persona window not showing total days active

thats all ive had issues with...

-Sturmhmmer
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 11-10-2005, 03:12 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default view screen black out

I downloaded the Thor UI recently and I love it, I've never been big on downloading custom UI's but I'm really glad I decided to give this one a shot. But ever since I downloaded the UI, and switched to widescreen letterbox mode so I could use Faetyl's window set up, I have these constant occurrences of the viewing area getting blacked out, it comes and goes, flickers in and out at what seems to be completely sporadic intervals. Usually at the worst possible times, like when I'm fighting, on engage, or when fleeing enemies, but it does even happen when I'm just standing there not doing anything. It happens it 1st person view and 3rd person view. Any suggestions on how to fix this or get it to stop? It is extremely frustrating, but I deal with it cause the ThorUI is worth it. Thanks.

--Botcha

Well, I installed a new vidcard today and so far this problem hasn't repeated itself, so can ingnore this post for now. Thanks.

Last edited by Botcha : 11-10-2005 at 05:28 PM.
Unread 11-10-2005, 03:42 PM
A Brown Bear

Hi, I have to say I love your UI and have been using it since I got my own account for EQII (I had previously had a char on my b/f's account).

Few problems since LU16 tho... the biggest I've noticed is that I can no longer access vault items for the store, and also I cannot access the store log. Is there a fix in the works for this?

Secondly a question....it seems that ThorUI uses some of the default colors for the boxes and popup windows.... is it possible to change those colors? I absolutely despise those blue boxes. Even if you don't change the colors for the entire UI, is there a way for me to customize those colors?

Thanx
Unread 11-10-2005, 05:36 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Run your updater to launch the game

All of those should already be resolved and the new version should pull down automatically for you.

Note: you may need to uncheck the "don't update if file is newer" option

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviendha36
Hi, I have to say I love your UI and have been using it since I got my own account for EQII (I had previously had a char on my b/f's account).

Few problems since LU16 tho... the biggest I've noticed is that I can no longer access vault items for the store, and also I cannot access the store log. Is there a fix in the works for this?

Secondly a question....it seems that ThorUI uses some of the default colors for the boxes and popup windows.... is it possible to change those colors? I absolutely despise those blue boxes. Even if you don't change the colors for the entire UI, is there a way for me to customize those colors?

Thanx
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 11-10-2005, 06:15 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faetyl
There is a "do not update if file is newer" option within the options section.
Try that and let me know.
Aye that solved the problem, thanks.

Found a missing item (I think) in the Persona window. Under details I believe the default shows how many days you have been subscribed, but couldn't find it on yours. Or do I need to visit Specsavers?
Unread 11-10-2005, 06:35 PM
A Coastal Crab

Hello! First off I'ld like to say you've made a really great UI here, and I have noticed one unmentioned bug with the new LU. You no longer can "Search for Item" on the new merchandise window (the one that works as of now). Just trying to weed out all the bugs!
<3shoonie
Unread 11-10-2005, 08:16 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Thanks, yep two main items that need to be fixed are the persona window time played data and the store window search.

Some others are frames on the updated windows.
If you adjust the frames on some windows they disapear. (Don't do this untill I can resolve)

Update: persona window is fixed

Contemplating taking the store window code out into the street and beating it to death. (It's been awhile on this and other authors are the original creators of the search feature.)
Forums

Got Guild?

Last edited by Faetyl : 11-10-2005 at 09:30 PM.
Unread 11-10-2005, 08:49 PM
A Brown Bear

I just installed the ThorUI AU, which I'm using with the EQ2Map AU.
I've got the POI icons working, but I can't seem to get this "minimap" feature working.
I selected it in the ThorUI AU, Advanced section, but I can't figure how to actually get the map to switch to the mini one.
Unread 11-10-2005, 09:26 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

EQ2Map is going through some changes and that plugin is unavailable currently.
I'll let them finish their much anticipated updates then see what we can do from there.
Note: This may affect some other map plugins as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenoc
I just installed the ThorUI AU, which I'm using with the EQ2Map AU.
I've got the POI icons working, but I can't seem to get this "minimap" feature working.
I selected it in the ThorUI AU, Advanced section, but I can't figure how to actually get the map to switch to the mini one.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 11-10-2005, 09:42 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Search function within player room store window...

Zonx has his working perfectly as usual... /shakes fist (He's hogging all the skill)

I believe this is going to take me a bit to get this working as well on mine so I recommend you download his Fetish Exchange and use it in the interim.
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3648

Just extract the contents to your thorui folder

Once I get mine going you may simply just delete the thorui folder and it will redownload all items fresh for you.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 11-11-2005, 01:29 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Oggok

This is one awesome interface, thanks for all the hard work that was put into making THORUI. One thing I noticed, and at this moment I am tired, I did not see anyone post that there is a problem with store window, pertaining to (search this item). I know your busy and you are working hard to correct the problems. I beleive Sony puts their updates out this way just to aggitate all of the people who perform UI changes like THor, just to get a kick (LOL) .
Keep up the good work and God Bless you!
Unread 11-11-2005, 03:58 AM
A Coastal Crab

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkhat
This is one awesome interface, thanks for all the hard work that was put into making THORUI. One thing I noticed, and at this moment I am tired, I did not see anyone post that there is a problem with store window, pertaining to (search this item). I know your busy and you are working hard to correct the problems. I beleive Sony puts their updates out this way just to aggitate all of the people who perform UI changes like THor, just to get a kick (LOL) .
Keep up the good work and God Bless you!

This is a known issue, it's going to take him a little time to fix.

He suggested going here http://www.eq2interface.com/downloa...nfo.php?id=3648 and using this mod in the mean time.
Unread 11-11-2005, 04:07 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Najena
Default Vault

With the latest update there appeard to be a house Vault/trader issue?

When I open up the trader board and select Vault its still showing the items i am carrying not the house vault. Anyone else having this issue?

PS yes I updated b4 i launched the game

Apart fron that, awesome UI love it
Unread 11-11-2005, 05:58 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Crafting window alternative?

Hello,
is it possible to add some crafting window alternative to ThorIU?
I do not like condensed one, as it is less accurare while "measuring" durability and progress.
Would someone be so kind and add some similar to "Fetish" crafting window? - four long stripes (as in original UI) one for each quality, active buff window and power/health indicators (vital).
Besides that ThorUI is the best for me, but crafting seems to be better even with original UI. This one included in Thor seems to be good for crude crafting only (my opinion).
Thank you for your great work.
Unread 11-11-2005, 09:54 AM
A Brown Bear

Hi,

Thanks for fixing the store issue, but I was wondering if there is a way for me to not have that horrid blue color that is currently the default for many of the windows..... no one seems to be able to (or want to) tell me how to fix that color. I tried all the suggestions given (like uncheck "do not update if file is newer") but its still blue. Which I hate.

Ideas?

Last edited by Aviendha36 : 11-11-2005 at 01:21 PM.
Unread 11-11-2005, 10:16 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Yes, if you run the ThorUI Auto Updater it should update and resolve this issue.
If for some reson it doesn't you could manually delete the store.xml and run the auto updater again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aasamard
With the latest update there appeard to be a house Vault/trader issue?

When I open up the trader board and select Vault its still showing the items i am carrying not the house vault. Anyone else having this issue?

PS yes I updated b4 i launched the game

Apart fron that, awesome UI love it
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 11-11-2005, 10:21 AM
A Brown Bear

Default Merchant Window from Room

I have read and see your working on this issue, but not seeing anyone saying they are having problems with words being cut off in the search window.
Example:

I am looking for items, I see the whole list of items for sale but half the words are being cut off. ( this is from my board inside my room)
Any idea how long before a fix where I can search for items from board inside room? Typing in single items to update my items for sale is a major pain! LOL!