EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 09-30-2005, 12:46 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Yea seems most are out, there are a couple still there that I am working on, mostly just old options that I took out for LU13. Tweeking on the widgets a bit and some windows as I have time. Once I hit 60 and don't have to grind again, I'll be trying to add more cool stuff.
Unread 09-30-2005, 03:11 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle

Need feedback asap

Can someone please tell me how to get the csm mp3 player to work?
Unread 09-30-2005, 04:57 PM
A Grizzled Badger
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by luminos
Need feedback asap

Right now ya can't, CSM is going through some changes to their command structure to make it easier to write interfaces that will work with it properly, might wanna check their forums to check on the progress of that project.
Unread 09-30-2005, 05:22 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by luminos
Need feedback asap

I'm sorry I have kind of dropped the ball on this, just trying to get done grinding exp. I'll go research CSM a bit and see if I can't get the commands in there and get a patch up for it. But as Elmseeker said they have changed or are changing commands and it could change agian..
Unread 09-30-2005, 06:35 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maycrof
Having some problems only with sound bottom i press it for mute... and nothing happens...
up for this issue
Unread 10-02-2005, 04:18 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

and the show info dont work (for harvesting)

and when i press show illision... then they dont do sound when i jump like they should. (eq2 bug maybe)
Unread 10-02-2005, 12:45 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Tab right issue

I just installed the updated version, very nice UI job.

I do have an issue with the windows with tabs you have tab left and tab right arrow.
The tab left arrow works but the tab right only works if you use the tab left in the same window. If you tab left and move a tab out of the window you can not use the tab right to get back to it.

My question is how do I get back to the other chat windows after they have been moved out of the window?

Thanks for the UI
Unread 10-02-2005, 03:41 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironskull
I just installed the updated version, very nice UI job.

I do have an issue with the windows with tabs you have tab left and tab right arrow.
The tab left arrow works but the tab right only works if you use the tab left in the same window. If you tab left and move a tab out of the window you can not use the tab right to get back to it.

My question is how do I get back to the other chat windows after they have been moved out of the window?

Thanks for the UI
This isn't an interface issue it's an SOE issue, it does it in the defaut EQ2 Interface as well. Not sure how to get back to the other windows but I do know there is nothing Landlin can do about it.
Unread 10-02-2005, 03:42 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadIronTree
and the show info dont work (for harvesting)

If you read back a few posts you'll notice that this feature has been temporarily disabled while Landlin works on updating the information contained in those pages.
Unread 10-02-2005, 08:20 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

What Elmseeker said

Thanks for answering them post Elmseeker I have been a busy beaver between lvling and /sigh reskinning windows for the 'NEW' way SOE is doing it. But this time Im making my styles match thiers, so all I have to do is add extreme and it'll change it
Unread 10-02-2005, 09:59 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin
What Elmseeker said

Thanks for answering them post Elmseeker I have been a busy beaver between lvling and /sigh reskinning windows for the 'NEW' way SOE is doing it. But this time Im making my styles match thiers, so all I have to do is add extreme and it'll change it

you sneaky little devil you, I knoew you had to be up to something!
Unread 10-02-2005, 10:52 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

This UI is awesome! I have been looking at it for the past two days and I like all the features it comes with. I will definately will download this UI when I get back. Do I have to use a higher resolution than 1024 x 1280? I don't remember off hand but I believe I have 17" or 21" viewable LCD screen. Either size should support this UI at higher resolution than 1024 x 1280.

Carlito

Last edited by Carlito Juarez : 10-02-2005 at 10:58 PM.
Unread 10-03-2005, 01:48 AM
A Coastal Crab

UI is great best I've seen. I do have one bug though. When I switch toons the hp bars lose the multiple colors so its green all the way down to 0% life makes them quite difficult to read. Makes quick switching difficult since I have to camp to desktop and reopen EQ2. /shrug Not big enough deal to make me stop using UI but still an annoyance.
Unread 10-03-2005, 07:32 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmseeker
This isn't an interface issue it's an SOE issue, it does it in the defaut EQ2 Interface as well. Not sure how to get back to the other windows but I do know there is nothing Landlin can do about it.
Thats easy resize the window to smaller or larger and they will pop back up

Unread 10-03-2005, 07:43 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlito Juarez
This UI is awesome! I have been looking at it for the past two days and I like all the features it comes with. I will definately will download this UI when I get back. Do I have to use a higher resolution than 1024 x 1280? I don't remember off hand but I believe I have 17" or 21" viewable LCD screen. Either size should support this UI at higher resolution than 1024 x 1280.

Carlito
It can be used at 1024 x 1280, just use the 1024x768 option. You will prob have to adjust some windows but for the most part they should be inline. Just remember at this small res you lose a chat window and some hotbars. The screen shots in the DL area are all 1600x1024
Unread 10-03-2005, 07:45 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin
I'm sorry I have kind of dropped the ball on this, just trying to get done grinding exp. I'll go research CSM a bit and see if I can't get the commands in there and get a patch up for it. But as Elmseeker said they have changed or are changing commands and it could change agian..
Ive been looking into your CSM problems and I think I know how to fix them now, I will let y ou know in a bit after I try it out.

Correction I fixed CSM :P, the problem was with CSM and not eXtremeUI in a way, all I had to do was generate a new csmCommands.ini for csm to look for igore errors instead of unknown command errors, I posted it to here

Last edited by SkyeTala : 10-03-2005 at 06:16 PM.
Unread 10-03-2005, 07:47 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecrusher
UI is great best I've seen. I do have one bug though. When I switch toons the hp bars lose the multiple colors so its green all the way down to 0% life makes them quite difficult to read. Makes quick switching difficult since I have to camp to desktop and reopen EQ2. /shrug Not big enough deal to make me stop using UI but still an annoyance.

Yes I know and I don't think I can do any thing about it. Seem this issue is effecting a several other UI's as well and we havn't figured out what is causeing it. I think its in the UI coding of SOE's but /shrug.
Unread 10-04-2005, 01:37 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Here is a new costumizable experience bar for eXtreme, just unzip it into your ui/eXtreme folder. Oh ya and the sound on/off button actually works. also the background.dds file is needed also, it needs to be in the images folder, it will over write your old background.dds. also for those of you that downloaded the old file and noticed that some stuff wasnt selectable in frame only mode I have fixed that in this zip.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	frameonly.gif
Views:	214
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	3811  Click image for larger version

Name:	noframe.gif
Views:	202
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	3812  
Attached Files
File Type: zip eXtreme_experience.zip (85.2 KB, 168 views)

Last edited by SkyeTala : 10-04-2005 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Forgot to include screenies
Unread 10-04-2005, 11:06 PM
A Coastal Crab

Exclamation

ok im really really upset all my bags are coming up as half bags.. Ie a six slot bag only shows 3 of the slots and a 12 slot bag shows only 6 slots the rest are unacessable how do u fix that? ive uninstalled the UI and uninstalled EQ2 and then reinstalled EQ2 9 hr reload time its gettin real upsetting that because of the UI i now have major inventory problems.. like the mod just not the side effects it caused,,, will add that the problem existed before i uninstalled the UI... pls help
Unread 10-05-2005, 12:01 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionay
ok im really really upset all my bags are coming up as half bags.. Ie a six slot bag only shows 3 of the slots and a 12 slot bag shows only 6 slots the rest are unacessable how do u fix that? ive uninstalled the UI and uninstalled EQ2 and then reinstalled EQ2 9 hr reload time its gettin real upsetting that because of the UI i now have major inventory problems.. like the mod just not the side effects it caused,,, will add that the problem existed before i uninstalled the UI... pls help
THAT for the 1000th time is not a UI issue, that is your uistting.ini ( SOE ) issue. Delete your eq2_uisttings.ini file all all will be good. If you would of did any kind of search you would of found this out. Sorry you had to do a 9hr reinstall but next time you have trouble, try doing a search or posting for help in the correct place. In other words RTFI!!!
Unread 10-05-2005, 12:13 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Merchant windows do not work can not switch between buy /sell also the repair window does nto work gear at 60% repair not listing gear or the repair /repair all button

also there is no close button on the arena window have to back away far enough for it to close

nice looking ui though once these things work i think i am going to use it for now on
Unread 10-05-2005, 12:19 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Guild bank wouldn't open with LU14 changes - assuming you may know that, just an FYI
Unread 10-05-2005, 02:37 PM
A Coastal Crab

Awsome UI Landiin. Keep up the amazing work.

Of course this has been stated above but I am doing my part. --
3:34 pm est oct 5 / 05

As stated above, the bank/guild bank window does not work after todays patch. Merchant windows are the same issue, You can buy from merchants but so sell, it shows the buy window, repair = same thing.

---------

(prelude to question) It might be just me but at 1280x1024 everything looks ok but the 'view of the character' seems small. sorta like the UI dominates the screen.

(Q) Is it possible to have the icons bigger / larger at res 1600x1200? or maybe adding a button on the menu to allow bigger icons/fonts?
on my screen everything seems so small at that res
(19' Syncmaster 900 IFT + ATI X800XL if this matters ... )

Anyhow, thanks again for the time and effort.

Cheers,

Ujah
Unrest

Last edited by Ujah : 10-05-2005 at 02:39 PM.
Unread 10-05-2005, 02:50 PM
A Grizzled Badger

I know Landiin has been quite busy lately and todays patch isn't going to make things any easier on him I'm sure. I am currently looking into the issues involved with the merchant and guild bank issues so I can try and get at least a temporary fix up. And give Landiin a bit more time to do a proper fix, I'm still quite new to this whole UI creation/editing process so please bear with me, I will do what I can to at least get these things WORKING if not looking exactly the way you're used to...
Unread 10-05-2005, 03:11 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Ok after a bit of research, because of the way the changes are listed I think it's bit beyond my current abilities to fix these things at the moment. However, I do have a fix for you to get these windows working until Landiin can get to it and that is to simply go into your eXtreme directory and delete the files
Code:
eq2ui_inventory_guildbank.xml
and
Code:
eq2ui_inventory_merchant.xml
. This will allow you to use these features as they will begin to use the new default windows from SOE. I will keep doing some research into the issue and see if I can't find a better post explaining the changes and get it all working with Landiins Windows...