EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 03-20-2008, 05:24 PM
A Nerius Seer

Server: Grobb

Im glad your going to update it...I was kind of tired of reading all the posts to fix issues that U usually fix with an update.
Unread 03-21-2008, 03:31 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Crushbone

=]

Won't be much longer. Just tweaking a few things with the new Profit base. Gotta say I really am liking the way it's turning out.

Val

C R A - B R I G A D E 3 - R A I D L E A D E R - [DoV Kill List] | [App To Join]

EliteUI

Don't forget to add me to your favorite Mod's list!
Unread 03-23-2008, 08:36 AM
A Griffon

Default EliteUI v03212008, now based on ProfitUI!

((EliteUI - A ProfitUI Compilation))
Patch 43 Compliant - 03212008 Release
Full Installation Package of over 20 Interface pieces spanning 13 EQ2Interface authors!

Updated... Enjoy!

EliteUI

Last edited by valesai : 03-25-2008 at 02:51 AM.
Unread 03-24-2008, 11:36 AM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Unkown

Mhh.....no CommandCenter for me...
And i havent a Tilde key on my german keyboard

The Guardian Angels
Unread 03-24-2008, 10:29 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Lucan DLere
Talking Great update to a great compilation

I've been using EliteUI since starting EQ2 last year, and I have to say I'm really impressed with the new version. I don't know if it's just me, but I've gotten about a 10% increase in my FPS since I switched to new update! That, plus the new functionality makes this a real winner.

Thanks for the awesome work on this, Val!
Unread 03-25-2008, 12:29 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: The Bazaar

I've been using EliteUI for quite some time now. All I can say is, this new update is horrible. ProfitUI is probably one of the lamest UI's out there, and that just makes this one that much worse. I'll probably end up having to switch to another UI eventually, because the older version of EliteUI will someday become unusable, until then though, I'm sticking with the far superior version before this one.
Unread 03-25-2008, 02:48 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMagica View Post
Mhh.....no CommandCenter for me...
And i havent a Tilde key on my german keyboard
The Command Center is now attached to the conglomeration window that is the experience window. Mouse over the stats bar on top of this window, and you'll see it pop up.

EliteUI

Unread 03-25-2008, 02:50 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baelogh View Post
I've been using EliteUI since starting EQ2 last year, and I have to say I'm really impressed with the new version. I don't know if it's just me, but I've gotten about a 10% increase in my FPS since I switched to new update! That, plus the new functionality makes this a real winner.

Thanks for the awesome work on this, Val!
Glad you're happy with it. The bulk of that kudos needs to go to GM9 though, for his work with ProfitUI. All I did was piece a few extras into an already spectacular interface. =]

EliteUI

Unread 03-25-2008, 02:58 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miladian View Post
I've been using EliteUI for quite some time now. All I can say is, this new update is horrible. ProfitUI is probably one of the lamest UI's out there, and that just makes this one that much worse. I'll probably end up having to switch to another UI eventually, because the older version of EliteUI will someday become unusable, until then though, I'm sticking with the far superior version before this one.
I see no reason to insult GM9's time and dedication he has put into creating ProfitUI. If you are unhappy with his UI, or the current version of mine, do not use them.

I create EliteUI for my guild and my game friends. It is their requests of me and my own perspectives that lead me into the versions I have made and will continue to make. I've been creating a version of EliteUI since LU11, and in that time I have learned the hardway that a LOT of work goes into these UIs that most people never see. Not every UI is for every player. I hope you find something that works for you.

EliteUI

Unread 03-25-2008, 03:08 AM
A man among men
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Nagafen

Valesai's EliteUI is a compilation. If you don't like his compilation make your own. I for one appreciate all the time that is put into ProfitUI, especially being a modder myself....all the time put into my inventory mod is so unbelievable in itself so I understand.

Thanks Val for putting up the compilation so I don't have to make my own and spend hours downloading the right mods.
Unread 03-25-2008, 06:53 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: The Bazaar

Well, why bother calling it EliteUI any longer? Its NOT the same mod as before, its completely changed by using Profit instead of Fetish. It should have been renamed, and EliteUI should have been discontinued if it wasn't the same mod any more. Just my 2 cents worth.

BTW, I am allowed an opinion of Profit UI, its my opinion and I'm only stating mine. If I don't like it, and have never used it because of that, it doesn't make my opinion any less valid than someone that likes it.

Thanks for all the work on the real EliteUI, I'm disappointed that its no longer being supported, and good luck with EliteUILite.
Unread 03-25-2008, 09:40 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I'm sorry you don't care for the current version Miladian, but I have to ask. Did you setup and playtest the new version? The reason for my question is that part of why I made my 1st post was my initial reaction to the update... I uninstalled it immediately after seeing the mess it made of my carefully constructed window setup. And that new look, yuck! I was ready to charge off to the forums here and make a post saying I'd stick with the old version.

But my stubborn streak kicked in, and I installed it on my Test server characters and began wrangling hotbars and windows into a setup I was happy with(using Val's included setup from Crushbone gives an excellent starting point). Then I just went about playing the game for a bit, in short time I was back reinstalling the new version on my mains. I'm still getting used to the new look and I still have some tweaking to do on some things, but I'm really glad I gave it a chance.

So, I made my first post because I felt if I was going to post bashing it initially, it earned a post praising it when I found that I liked it a lot. I hope that you find a UI you are comfortable with Miladian, or perhaps even give this update a chance, I know I'm glad I did.

-Kudos Reallocation (per Valesai )
Giant /salutes to:

1. To Zonx-Fetish and GM9-ProfitUI for providing such great base addons for Val to work with.
2. To all the other authors of the mods that make up the this package. (It's the little touches that make it so great.)
3. To Val, for keeping everything I need to improve my EQ2 gaming in one spot and making sure they work and play well with others.

Thanks Again to all the authors!
Baelogh
Unread 03-25-2008, 05:17 PM
A man among men

Quote:
Well, why bother calling it EliteUI any longer? Its NOT the same mod as before, its completely changed by using Profit instead of Fetish. It should have been renamed, and EliteUI should have been discontinued if it wasn't the same mod any more. Just my 2 cents worth.

BTW, I am allowed an opinion of Profit UI, its my opinion and I'm only stating mine. If I don't like it, and have never used it because of that, it doesn't make my opinion any less valid than someone that likes it.

Thanks for all the work on the real EliteUI, I'm disappointed that its no longer being supported, and good luck with EliteUILite.
I for one don't like gm9's new graphics for ProfitUI, but I wont call it one of the lamest UI's because of that.

If it's the graphic elements you do not like, I'm going to release a Fetish Nightfall skin for Default/Profit sometime soon.
Unread 03-25-2008, 06:40 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest

Quote:
I've been using EliteUI for about a year now. I also added my own bits and pieces (from other authors) into it. Lo and behold my market window required me to use right click into it. Then Val dropped this on us and guess what. It works and very little needed changing to bring the bits and pieces I've thrown together to work with it. Thanks Val for this update.

As for the Profit UI being lame. Thats your opinion but in mine its one of the best I've seen. Fetish is as well but we each have our own idea of whats great.
Unread 03-25-2008, 10:32 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragowulf View Post
I'm going to release a Fetish Nightfall skin for Default/Profit sometime soon.
Dude, that would rock! Keep me informed on that. =]

EliteUI

Unread 03-25-2008, 10:54 PM
A man among men

Quote:
Originally Posted by valesai View Post
Dude, that would rock! Keep me informed on that. =]
I'm actually about 45% done with windowelements.dds and I've only been working on it for like an hour.
Unread 04-01-2008, 06:18 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

HI there, I am both new to EQ2 coming from wow, and know more than i should about mods etc. But I am new to the way of modding EQ2 with this compilation.

When i deleted all the ui settings for my chars and loaded up your compilation. I got asked did i want to import settings, i chose the included crushbone ui settings. I am running 1280-1024, every this is everywhere. Buttons in the middle of screen, big black boxes tither and thither. Everything looks completely squashed up and desperate to be on the screen.

However the way it stands at the moment, its completely unusable for myself. And an important question, how does one bring up the command center?

Id love to move things around and get rid of things that are cluttering up my small windows being only as i stated 1280-1024.

I also read here, looking for the answer, but my problem is i have no clue how to move anything to get to the command center in the first place, even if that thing will allow me to move stuff around in the first place.

Any help would be appreciated, and if needed when eq2 comes back after yet another maintenance, I will be happy to , to let you see how it looks on my setup.

Many thanks, it looks great! if i can get the thing sorted will be made up!
Unread 04-01-2008, 10:25 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Hi Kaialani,
Welcome to EQ2! Instead of using 'Crushbone' UI settings, try the 'ProfitUI_1280x1024_eq2_uisettings' that was included in the 'Copy these Files to Your EQ2 root folder'. That should resize the windows to a more managable level, then Right-clicking the windows themselves should bring up a list that includes 'Unlock Window' and other options to get the setup you want.

Also, make sure to follow step 7 in the installation procedures to get the command center to show.

Good luck and I hope this helps.

Baelogh
Unread 04-01-2008, 11:08 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Hi Kaialani,
Welcome to EQ2! Instead of using 'Crushbone' UI settings, try the 'ProfitUI_1280x1024_eq2_uisettings' that was included in the 'Copy these Files to Your EQ2 root folder'. That should resize the windows to a more managable level, then Right-clicking the windows themselves should bring up a list that includes 'Unlock Window' and other options to get the setup you want.

Also, make sure to follow step 7 in the installation procedures to get the command center to show.

Good luck and I hope this helps.

Baelogh
Actually, I thought I had removed that step. That is no longer the method to make the Command Center to pop up. The Command Center is now tied to the Experience window. Mouse over the status bar on top of the experience window, you'll see it pop up.

Not sure why you're getting such a screwing setup Kaialani. In the Control Center there is a button to unlock all windows, click that and you'll be able to move everything around. If you can't get to the Control Center, simply do as Baelogh instructed and right-click each window to unlock, then move them.

Let me know how things work out.

EliteUI

Unread 04-01-2008, 12:13 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

/bonks self

Yes Val, you did remove that step. Mousing over the top area of the experience box shows all those nice Command Center icons. I gotta pay more attention. /sigh

After following Step 7, I did get a set of Icons right under my compass as nice little side effect though.

Have a great day,

Baelogh
Unread 04-01-2008, 11:45 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
/bonks self

Yes Val, you did remove that step. Mousing over the top area of the experience box shows all those nice Command Center icons. I gotta pay more attention. /sigh

After following Step 7, I did get a set of Icons right under my compass as nice little side effect though.

Have a great day,

Baelogh
Yeah that set is included in ProfitUI. I saw no need to really remove it. =p

EliteUI

Unread 04-04-2008, 02:09 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

thank you guys , very prompt
I just love the eq2 community!
I managed to get your ui setup by selecting the 1280-1024_UI_Settings.ini, and wow is all I can say, it worked first time

Now the hard bit of understanding all those stats hehe.

Thanks again guys, you have made eq2 that bit easier for me to play
Unread 04-04-2008, 04:36 PM
A man among men

http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=10745

Here's a link to a thread with a screenshot of the Fetish Nightfall skin that I'm making for ProfitUI.

Unfortunately, I cannot copy every single aspect, but I'm trying my hardest.
Unread 04-05-2008, 11:02 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragowulf View Post
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=10745

Here's a link to a thread with a screenshot of the Fetish Nightfall skin that I'm making for ProfitUI.

Unfortunately, I cannot copy every single aspect, but I'm trying my hardest.
Looking forward to seeing it.

EliteUI

Unread 04-05-2008, 11:17 PM
A man among men

Quote:
Originally Posted by valesai View Post
Looking forward to seeing it.
Check your PM's