EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 03-09-2009, 06:04 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default eq2.ini file for vista

sorry but i recently returned to game and cant figure out how to do the eq2.ini file extension thing under the computer section for windows vista. i cant find the tools dropdown menu. can someone point me in the right directrion?
also if it helps i am trying to use the TyeJae Quartz ui. thanks.
Unread 03-09-2009, 06:13 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

I'm not familiar with Vista so I'm not sure where you need to go to make known extensions visible, but to create the file you should be able to open notepad (or make a new text document), select File -> Save as, type "eq2.ini" under file name and select *.* as file type.
Unread 03-09-2009, 06:19 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

still says the file name is eq2.ini.txt

unsure still unsure where that tools dropdown is. god this is annoying.
thanks for replying.
Unread 03-09-2009, 06:22 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Did you select *.* as the file type before saving? Otherwise it will append the .txt.

Oh and first google hit:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...389da1033.mspx
Unread 03-09-2009, 07:38 PM
A Coastal Crab

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
I'm not familiar with Vista so I'm not sure where you need to go to make known extensions visible, but to create the file you should be able to open notepad (or make a new text document), select File -> Save as, type "eq2.ini" under file name and select *.* as file type.

Open a my computer windows. In the menu go to Tools -> Folder Option -> View -> uncheck Hide extension for known file type.

That will let you see the extensions.
Unread 03-09-2009, 08:18 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

did new => text document => left name as "new text document" => went into file and clicked "save as" option and "save as type" options are text documents (*.txt) or all files. only 2 options i have.
Unread 03-09-2009, 09:09 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

you can also in the save dialog type "eq2.ini" yes the qoutes as well and it will not put txt on the end.
Unread 03-10-2009, 01:06 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

can i just copy the file that eq2maps made and then delete eq2maps and put ui name there? maps work fine. just ui will not.
Unread 03-10-2009, 06:05 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

install the UI to your EQ2MAP folder if you want to keep EQ2MAP. Also the solution on how to show file extensions on Vista has been posted several times above now.
Unread 06-05-2009, 03:02 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Angry Creating eq2.ini file

The problem is in creating the eq2.ini file in the first place. I am having the same issue as Grindell; I already changed the option to view hidden file extension. But since the eq2.ini extensionis not "normal" it (apparently) has to be created and the steps for doing this in XP (or other windows OS) do not work. When you right click in he EQ directory the only NEW option is to create a folder.
Unread 06-05-2009, 04:25 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtrock View Post
The problem is in creating the eq2.ini file in the first place. I am having the same issue as Grindell; I already changed the option to view hidden file extension. But since the eq2.ini extensionis not "normal" it (apparently) has to be created and the steps for doing this in XP (or other windows OS) do not work. When you right click in he EQ directory the only NEW option is to create a folder.
Thats strange cuz I click the folder inside where the files list is and option to create a new text file is there. When saving the file use quotes around it so "eq2.ini" in the file naming.
Unread 06-08-2009, 07:49 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Unkown

I think the issue that Grindel is having is that in Vista there is no "My Computer" like there is in Xp and the menu titles and options are slightly different but i managed to figure it out.

Bring up your start menu and right click on Computer and click open (or simply double click on Computer). There should be menu option at the top labeled "Organize". Click on it then move down to "Folder and Search Options"
From there jsut follow the instructions that have alredy been given.
Unread 06-08-2009, 07:55 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

I don't think Grindell is having any issue anymore, his thread was just necroed.