EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Chit-Chat

Unread 10-17-2008, 07:18 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Infuriated, Need Help with Vista!

I would have preferred XP but for some reason it was not compatible with this system so I got stuck with Vista. It's given me nothing but trouble since day one.

First I started noticing that if I had other programs running in the background my controls would sometimes go haywire, my character would be stuck in perma-run unless i closed all other tabs, thought nothing of this.

Then I noticed sometimes after this happened my mouse would stop being able to click on spells on my hotbar, instead of using the spell it would link the name of the spell into group or tell text.

Now, its gotten so bad that I dont even want to play anymore because its started crashing at the "Loading UI" screen, and its very random, sometimes I can zone 12 times straight and nothing, other times I log in, zone for the first time and crash, and it brings down my phone line and network with it. (Vonnage)

Ive downloaded the latest drivers for my graphics card, that didnt seem to work. Ive changed the compatibility settings for running eq2 to run like its Windows XP SP2, and that seemed to help for a little while but now its back to its old tricks again.

- Setup
Nvidia geForce 8800GT
Intel Core 2 Duo/Intel Motherboard
500gig Seagate Hard Drive
4gig DDR3 mem
-
Im sure ive missed something important, I always do, so let me know lol.........

I've checked for all kinds of spyware and viruses and can find nothing. And I cant seem to come across any one else having the same sort of problem.

Any help would be much appreciated *huge sigh*

-Thanks
Unread 11-17-2008, 10:09 PM
A Brown Bear

Default Bump

Bumpity Bump
Unread 11-17-2008, 10:48 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Really sounds to me as if it may be the keyboard/mouse or perhaps the software for them (logitech and microsoft have their own). I had a similar issue and it was actually due to my logitech software. Can you tell me what peripherals you have hooked up?
Unread 11-24-2008, 08:14 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I'm curious as to why XP isn't compatible with such a system.
Unread 11-24-2008, 12:41 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Befallen

I've been running Vista 64bit for months and month with no issues.

As previously noted, the KB/M drivers could be an issue. Also, is there a KVM involved in the mix? I've seen those type of issues with a KVM going flaky.

What apps are running when you launch EQ2?

Launcher corruption causes the crash at the loading UI part.

Try launching the game as administrator. XP compatibility is not necessary.

I've also seen problems if you run P2P or heavy downloads in the background causing LD situations.

Lots of potential outside of Vista itself for issues.
Unread 11-29-2008, 10:16 AM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

The clicking spells and getting a link is when you have control held down -- meaning something is causing that to stick, either the physical key or some other program issue. Also, what are you talking about when you say you "close all other tabs" -- do you mean all other programs in the taskbar?

But either way, it sounds like you have some sort of hardware/driver issue perhaps. EQ2 crashing shouldn't bring down your network either.

Have you tried a fresh install, and if that doesn't work an OS wipe and then fresh install?