EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 04-03-2007, 05:10 AM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Milquetowst Info Center

Every time I access this mode I am ever so grateful to its creator. So before I go on about anything else I want to say thanks for the hard work and excellent product.

Just when you think there's isn't anything else that could be put into this mode, Neccessity has once again created a Need.

I created a Provisioner (correct term should be Provisionary accord to Webster but who the hell is he anyway?) Having reached L20 I needed to seek out Advanced versions of L20+ but no matter what city in which I searched the broker the return results didn't spit out ANY Advanced Volumes for a Provisioner. Because Provisioners don't use rares I thought that maybe their recipe book system didn't include Advanced Volumes and I STILL don't know what the story is. Seeing as in 2 years I've NEVER seen or possesed an Advanced Volume for a Provisioner I'm going to assume there just isn't any.

And then it dawned on me that the only reason I knew WHERE and HOW to acquire Advanced Volumes was that I had already learned it by crafting to L30 with my Jeweler.

Anyways, a blurb in the notes section on where and how to find Advanced Volumes would be great. My wife is about to begin crafting and I know she's gonna drive me nuts for just this very information.

Thanks,
Sacraed
Unread 04-03-2007, 08:05 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacraed
I created a Provisioner.... Having reached L20 I needed to seek out Advanced versions of L20+ but no matter what city in which I searched the broker the return results didn't spit out ANY Advanced Volumes for a Provisioner.
That's because there are no advanced provisioner recipes (or rare food harvests, for that matter).

Quote:
Anyways, a blurb in the notes section on where and how to find Advanced Volumes would be great.
Advanced tradeskill books can drop from any mob in any zone of the appropriate level. (Also, of course, they can be purchased from other players through the broker.) There really isn't anything to put in the Info Center; tradeskill books aren't like other loot items, which are more likely to drop from certain mobs than from others. There's no particular place or creature you "should" be hunting if you're trying to find them.

-- Darryl (Milqutowst)

(By the way, I'm not sure where you checked your definitions, but "provisioner" is a term that has been in use, probably for centuries, to describe one who provides provisions, most notably food items. "Provisionary" is a synonym for "provisional" or "probationary," referring to something not yet fully contracted or established, as in "provisionary employee" or "provisionary government.")

Last edited by DBurgdorf : 04-03-2007 at 08:08 AM.
Unread 04-05-2007, 08:52 PM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Antonia Bayle

Actually, I was refering to searching the Broker for Advanced books. Also, for drops, the zone/mob level corresponds to the Tier level. I know now that there are no Advanced Provisioner books but I didn't know that when I hit level 20 and began to look for them.

Thanks for responding!
Sacraed