EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Chit-Chat

Unread 03-01-2007, 12:20 AM
Credendo Vides
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

Default Premium Membership

We are working on setting up Premium Membership features for our sites. Let me make this very clear. None of our existing features are going away. Everything you can currently access, you will still be able to access whether you get a Premium Membership or not. Everything you are used to from our sites, from file moderation queues making sure that all downloads are completely safe, to standards of behaviour on the forums, to me being a big flirt will remain. So with that being said:

What are your suggestions for some of the things you would like to see as a Premium Member on our sites? Ads no longer showing is a given. But what else? What additional benefits would you like to see? No guarantee that it'll happen, but any and all suggestions will be considered.*

*With one exception - before Dolby or Kudane even get the chance to suggest it - no, autographed posters of me are not an option.

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Unread 03-06-2007, 08:36 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

*Covers eyse and ears*
Unread 03-06-2007, 09:26 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Runnyeye

Now just how did I know this was going to happen heh /ponder

The powers that be making even more cash off the back's of people that provide "the content" to download for free?

Or unless we all going to get put on comission for our work, then that adds a better perspective to it..

Other than that it just leaves a bad taste in the mouth!
Unread 03-06-2007, 09:37 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

This is something if you want to support the sites a little more specially since eq2map takes a ton of bandwidth and its always going over resulting in an extra $300 - $400 /m + normal costs. Of course authors who actively contribute will get premium features on the site they contribute to and to say AGAIN nothing we have now on any of our sites will be made premium only.

Also in the very near future this site will be brought up to speed with our latest code (as seen on wowi/lotroi/vgi) witch is going to bring a lot of new features to eq2interface that are for every one.

/gives Laffs a mint

Off topic a little..
Teaser of the new design to go with our new backend:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	eq2i-teaser.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	5668  

Last edited by Dolby : 03-06-2007 at 10:02 PM.
Unread 03-07-2007, 01:28 AM
A Griffon

Server: Nagafen

awsome disign. I would like to see authorized mobs, ones maintained by a paid staff, adding features and stuff like that.

Unread 03-08-2007, 02:34 PM
A Griffon

Well I kinnda expected much more response than this likes /shrug
Maybe nobody gives a ....

Dolby:

EQ map runs over its bandwidth each month.. okies.. but surely o gaming network got that covered elsewhere? Anyways surposing it hasnt with all the 1000's of members on site how much is the subs going to be to cover that? 10cents a month each? ..... I got much more to say on the subject but there seem's little point in doing so....

Got any of them damn mints left then???
Unread 03-08-2007, 02:53 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

We aren't expecting every one to get the premium membership because nothing is going to change if you dont. This is something for those that have the allakhazam premium membership or want to get it for the interface sites and basically dont want to see the ads here. We are also trying to think of some extra's to add for them thus the reason for this thread.

Nothing will change if you dont get the premium membership. We aren't going to be like fileplanet and lock everything down unless you have premium membership.

Last edited by Dolby : 03-08-2007 at 02:58 PM.
Unread 03-08-2007, 02:54 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Befallen

What about different levels of premium memberships. Like level 1 removes ads only and is lets say $1 per month. I myself would gladly pay that.

As far as what I would expect for premium features would be maybe a MySpace type deal for UI editors. Like to post blogs about upcoming UI mods or a bulletin system to alert people who have your mod favorited.
Unread 03-08-2007, 02:56 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam
As far as what I would expect for premium features would be maybe a MySpace type deal for UI editors. Like to post blogs about upcoming UI mods or a bulletin system to alert people who have your mod favorited.
We already have that on our other sites called "author portals". It wont be part of the premium membership, it will be available for all authors.

you can see it in action at wowinterface right now (coming soon here): http://www.wowinterface.com/listport...sb=date&page=1

The bulletin system for favorited mods is already here, you can mark a mod favorite and enable email updates here. Or if you visit the site you are alerted of the update in the menu on the front page.

Last edited by Dolby : 03-08-2007 at 03:01 PM.
Unread 03-08-2007, 02:59 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Oh cool didn't know you had that in. Keep up the great work guys.
Unread 03-08-2007, 05:30 PM
A Griffon

Server: Crushbone

there needs to be more beyond the removal of adverts to warrant premium membership, imho. personally, i do not ever see any ads on the internet anyway, due to how i block ad-servers and ad-paths in an indiscriminate fashion.

sir ansfrid takahityo of mithaniel marr — paladin, amorer, and guild advisor for the <knightshift>
Unread 03-08-2007, 05:36 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by anfrey
there needs to be more beyond the removal of adverts to warrant premium membership, imho. personally, i do not ever see any ads on the internet anyway, due to how i block ad-servers and ad-paths in an indiscriminate fashion.
Thats what this thread is for... more ideas. We've got some great ideas from the folks on the wowinterface site would like to see some more here.

Was just trying to convey that current and future major features wont be part of the premium membership.

Last edited by Dolby : 03-08-2007 at 05:48 PM.
Unread 03-08-2007, 05:55 PM
A Griffon

Server: Crushbone

i shall brainstorm a bit and get back to you. i manage a vbulletin community as well, and there special subscription options are things i have not toyed with.

- a 'premium membership' badge
- username in a different color.
- perhaps an allowance for a larger avatar (150x150?)
- larger PM inbox size
- perhaps a [email protected] auto-redirecting email alias?

that's all that's coming to mind right now...

sir ansfrid takahityo of mithaniel marr — paladin, amorer, and guild advisor for the <knightshift>
Unread 03-09-2007, 02:03 PM
A Griffon

Well I cant realy think of anything either......

So it realy does look like Cairenn is going to have to get the bikini out and do monthly photoshoots for the subcribers after all then
Unread 03-09-2007, 06:05 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Server: Oasis

Laffs does it again. You just can't stop his great ideas!
Unread 03-09-2007, 06:21 PM
Credendo Vides
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

Suggestion Denied!

Unread 03-09-2007, 09:16 PM
A Griffon

Hmmm.... well .... bang go's the idea for a hidden easter egg of Cairenn in you UI Landiin m8 then also lol......

There dont seem to be nothing that we realy do need "extra" here as the rest of the network got it coverd with other premium memberships by the looks /shrug

The only thing that I can realy think of is, since its eq2 map that is running over its bandwidth is too have peeps subscribe to be able to "update" that...

Yes I know it is a probably a very unpopular surgestion.. but the amount of people that download and update it would mean a "very" low subs to be paid for us all in the long run ? would it not ? As I do get the feeling that this "subs" thing is goign to happen if we like it or not ! in some way shape or form..

Thinking on I can see many problems with that also as in people selling maps on ebay and file sharing etc to get round the subs maybe... I dunno just throwing the only idea in here that I could come up with /shrug...

Dolby,

What are your thoughts/ideas then may I ask?

You must have a few at least?

Throw them in here also please so we can pass comment, and maybe even expand upon or whatever.

P.s Thanks for all the bikini shots Cairenn my inbox is full and they are very nice but you must give me time to process them all before you send more Thanks ..... heheheh j/k
Unread 03-10-2007, 03:43 PM
aka Mook

Server: Nektulos

Maybe 10 more lines of that avatar per month?
Unread 03-10-2007, 04:08 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

how about instead of a premium membership you rewrite the EQ2MAP updater to not allow it to eat up all the bandwidth. or with the premium allow unlimited updates per month. and with non premium allow maybe 1 or 2 per week?
Unread 03-10-2007, 05:34 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam
how about instead of a premium membership you rewrite the EQ2MAP updater to not allow it to eat up all the bandwidth. or with the premium allow unlimited updates per month. and with non premium allow maybe 1 or 2 per week?
I was just giving an example of some of the costs we endure just for EverQuest 2.

We arent going to limit EQ2map (its not really our place to do so) and we would love a patcher thats easier on the bandwidth but this is a community run project so unless some one steps up and writes something we will have to work with that we got.

Last edited by Dolby : 03-10-2007 at 05:38 PM.
Unread 03-21-2007, 04:45 PM
A Forest Scavenger

wait...

I canceled my 'zam membership because i wasn't using their site as much anymore and they are doing goldseller adverts...

but if i have a 'zam membership, you guys get a pinch of it? If that is a yes, please let me know and i'll re-up.
Unread 03-21-2007, 05:55 PM
Credendo Vides
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megera
they are doing goldseller adverts...
No they aren't. If you ever find one on the site, let them know, it'll be removed asap, just like here.

But yes, the membership will carry over between the various sites.

Unread 03-21-2007, 07:49 PM
A Griffon

Heheh "goldseller adverts" .....
Unread 03-21-2007, 07:55 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Ok here's a real suggestion...

Uneversal UI, download manager. Allows a premium user to subscribe to multiple mods from any of the interface sites. Each mod can be given a download destination path. Once subscribed, a single update button would diff the local and server files and display a list of all that have available newer versions. Items (or all) from this list could be checked and downloaded via a single download button.

This functionality could also be worked into the eq2Maps updater.