EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 06-11-2006, 11:04 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default EQ2Map install for dummies needed

I really need your help guys.
I recently installed EQ2 Map from this location: http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3391
I am new to EQ2 and don't know really follow how to install all the pieces. I thought I did it correctly but it does not seem so. For example, I am currently in Oakmyst Forest yet I cannot get a local map of the forest. I get more of a world location map rather than my local area.
I don't think I totally messed up the install because I DO get a local map when in Castleview Hamlet.
It's really frustrating since I'm not good at this sort of thing. I'd really appreciate someone giving me a step by step guide as to how to do the install. Where things go. What lines need to be edited. I am hopelessly confused.
I hope you can be patient with me on this. I've heard that the program is amazing and tremendously useful.
Thanks
How

Last edited by how786 : 06-11-2006 at 11:08 AM.
Unread 06-11-2006, 02:35 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

You can find a step by step guide in the FAQ on this site. There isn’t anything special you need to do for eq2map so just follow the basic interface install instructions. If you have any particular questions on a step let us know.

If you still have trouble list step by step what you did and then we can comment on what you possibly did wrong.

Last edited by Dolby : 06-11-2006 at 02:39 PM.
Unread 06-11-2006, 02:40 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolby
You can find a step by step guide in the FAQ on this site. There isnt anything special you need to do for eq2map so just follow the basic interface install instructions. If you have any perticular questions on a step let us know.

If you still have trouble list step by step what you did and then we can comment on what you possibly did wrong.
I have follwed that guide. The program seemed to install just fine. Thus far, the only area that does not appear to me mapped is Oakmyst Forest. My particular question is why can't I get a map of Oakmyst to appear? Every other surrounding zone has no problem.
Thanks for the reply
How786
Unread 06-11-2006, 03:01 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

Quote:
The program seemed to install just fine.
That prompted a question, are you using the manual version or the auto updater version? The one you linked is the manual version but what you said makes me believe your using the auto updating version.

One other question, when you visit zones that do have maps do you see points of interest dots scattered about the map like this? If not then EQ2map really isnt installed and your just seeing the maps SOE provided. This could be the reason you are not getting a map for oakmyst as SOE doesnt have a map for this zone, however the EQ2MAP interface should add one if installed correctly.
Unread 06-11-2006, 03:41 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolby
That prompted a question, are you using the manual version or the auto updater version? The one you linked is the manual version but what you said makes me believe your using the auto updating version.

One other question, when you visit zones that do have maps do you see points of interest dots scattered about the map like this? If not then EQ2map really isnt installed and your just seeing the maps SOE provided. This could be the reason you are not getting a map for oakmyst as SOE doesnt have a map for this zone, however the EQ2MAP interface should add one if installed correctly.
Good questions Dolby. Thanks so much for helping me.
1-I installed the manual version first and then someone told me to install the auto uodater version. I just thought it was an add-on that would quto-update me.
2-I do NOT see those points of interest, sadly. So, something is screwed up. I did make the recommended changes to my .INI file.

How can I clean up this mess?
Thanks again,
How786
Unread 06-11-2006, 03:55 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

If you are using the updater program, launch the program and click the "options" button. Make sure the path "EverQuest 2 Directory" is correct.

If your not sure what the path is to your EQ2 folder is you can find the path by "right" clicking on your EQ2 icon then choose "properties" and a window should open up with some tabs at the top. Select the "shortcut" tab and the path to Eq2 should be shown in the "Target:" field. Once you write down/copy the path you can close the window.

Once you know the auto updater has the correct path again in the eq2map options window look at the UI Directory drop down list and make sure it doesnt say "default". If it does then there is a problem with your eq2.ini file, so then I'd ask you to post the contents of the eq2.ini here. If it shows your custom interface folder you made then close the options window and click the update button on eq2map then load eq2 and check it out when its done downloading.
Unread 06-11-2006, 04:39 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thanks for your help.
I launched the auto-updater program. The EQ2 Directory was correct. However, the UI Directory was blank. I made the correct choice from the dropdown menu. Now, when I go into EQ, there IS (finally!!) a map with colored dots etc. in Oakmyst Forest.
I am grateful for all your help.

A few other related queries: I'd tried at various times to install other UI mods. None are really working. Would I be better off totally cleaning out the UI directory and doing a clean install of EQ2MAP?
Also, which of the manual add-ons do you recommend for EQ2MAP? I see a spoiler project, various icon add-ons, tweak plugin etc. Or, do these all come with the auto-install?
Again, thank you kindly for all your support.
How786