EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Beta

Unread 05-05-2005, 09:49 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unkown
Default ReVERT Release Candidate Beta

****THIS IS THE *OFFICIAL* THREAD FOR THE ReVERT THEM BASED ON THE FETISH FRAMEWORK. ****

ATTENTION: DUE TO MY BEING A CHEAPSKATE (AND OTHER RL ISSUES, I HAVE NOT UPDATED THIS THEMESTYLE IN A LOOOOONG TIME. HOPEFULLY SOMEONE ELSE WILL BE NICE AND FIX IT FOR THE LATEST FETISH MOD

PLEASE SEE THIS POST FIRST AS ALL UPDATES WILL BE NOTED HERE.

NOTICE: THIS THEME HAS BEEN TESTED ONLY FOR FETISH CLASSIC. COMPATIBILITY WITH FETISH NIGHTFALL IS NOT GARAUNTEED.

==============================
ReVERT Theme for FetishClassic Motif (RC3)
==============================

I had to completely rework everything because I lost the data on my computer due to a crash. Most everything is the same as it was in RC2. This is completely compatible with FetishClassic 4.2, through patch 10.

File is attached at the bottom, but is now uploaded to Downloads, waiting for approval.

-----------------------------
OLD: ReVert RC2
So, nothing much REALLY changed. I've fixed the alignment issues of the windowframes and titlebars. I have also changed some of the buttons to reflect more the Solaria/Vert Style. I am including an impromptu update as of now! Please see the bottom of this thread for screenie and file. Please remember that you MUST have the FetishFramework installed in order for this to work. Thanks

-------------------------------
OLD: ReVert RC1
-------------------------------
Well, now that that is out of the way, I have decided to release a beta of the ReVert theme that I have been working on. This has been tested to work with Fetish Classic only. I decided to use the FetishFramework for a variety of reasons. First, Zonx: In his wonderful effeciency, combined all the umpteen XML images into two easy to use condenced files. Therefore, because I'm lazy ^_^ I decided to grab his work instead of trying to make my own.

In any case, I am attaching a screenshot of how some windows look in game. There are several alignment issues that I have not particularly addressed. Especially with the titlebar and pageframe. Also, I have not yet converted the buttons into a style more appropriate to the ReVert theme. This will be forthcoming. You will also notice that I have not touched his Target/Implied windows, nor the player or group windows. Sooner or later, I will address this issue.

UPDATES FORTHCOMING:
---------------------------------------

1 | Progress Bars (includes player, group, experience, casting and breath)
2 | Windows associated with above progressbars.
3 | Alignment issues, fix minor bugs and perform tweaks.
4 | Let me know if I am missing anything

FUTURE CONJECTURES:

Not really related, but I am working on the idea of (read: daydreaming) an integrated HUD version similar to TyeJae, based on the ReVert theme. It will maintain the core FetishFramework, except for all the visible units. Not garaunteed, more like a fun side project. It will NOT replace this whatsoever, but will be available as a seperate download completely. If I ever get that thing started/completed
I will look forward to your responses, advice, and critiques. Please try to post in this thread only.

Thankyou,
DC
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	samples.jpg
Views:	840
Size:	340.8 KB
ID:	2584  Click image for larger version

Name:	ReVert Theme RC2.jpg
Views:	1362
Size:	236.7 KB
ID:	2659  

Last edited by dc_roenfanz : 12-18-2005 at 04:59 AM.
Unread 05-05-2005, 10:14 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

For the record, I'm very happy you've taken on this project and will do my best to help if its needed. Looks awsome so far

This is exactly what I hoped would happen with the FetishFramework, other modders would use it as a basis for new themes, giving users the option to apply whatever look they want to whatever functionality mods they want.
Unread 05-05-2005, 02:16 PM
A Griffon

Server: Nagafen

That looks nice, kinda need to work on the XP bar, but it looks great so far.

The framework is what is really important like the poster above me said, great things will come from your work.

Unread 05-05-2005, 02:38 PM
A Griffon

Server: Butcherblock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findarato
I agree. I really like the exp bar in the guild window, so maybe you can copy that into the other exp bar? Other than that, looks really good. I was a fan of the Vert in EQ1, and was a little disappointed when it wasn't here. I'm using Fetish right now, and I've absolutely fallen in love with it.

Good work Zonx and DC. I'll be following this mod closely. Who knows, maybe I'll even get into modding myself and do some work on the new windows.
Unread 05-05-2005, 03:41 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Mistmoore

Any ways to have just the group window look installed?
Unread 05-05-2005, 04:59 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeablah
Any ways to have just the group window look installed?
The group window is strictly default Fetish, with the ReVert theme applied. To install ONLY the group, you need to first install FetishGroups standalone, which can be found thru THIS LINK. Once you have that installed, copy the images and _FetishStyles.xml from my download over.

I forgot to mention that the knowledge books is completely different then can found in normal Fetishworks.
Unread 05-05-2005, 05:08 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Yeah, I know I been working on that, but I been having problems with stretching. Stylistically, it is prolly going to be similar to the progressbar styles found in Laffs UI. In keeping with the style traditions of Solaria/Vert from EQ1, his bars (perditions really) are closest so far with what I am looking for.
Unread 05-05-2005, 05:20 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Mistmoore

aw crap, I meant chat window. I'll take a look at fetish's stuff
Unread 05-05-2005, 05:27 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeablah
aw crap, I meant chat window. I'll take a look at fetish's stuff
No problem. I don't rightly know if Fetish has a seperate chat download. I might be able to work together an individual download, but I need to check with him regarding what files are essential and what arent.
Unread 05-05-2005, 06:25 PM
A Griffawn

Server: Kithicor

I Like It!

M
Unread 05-05-2005, 07:46 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelsturm
I Like It!
M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelsturm
Your ReVert Style is Dam near Perfect Dc. If you could get the guild Exp bar look on the Player Exp Bar it would be insanely awesome
/bow

The real credits go to:
Fetish for having the forwithall to come up with the framework in the first place.
Kudane and Sokol for the SolariaUI, and of course Vertebrae, who started it all ^_^

You'll see that I am contemplating working on a HUD based UI like TyeJae to complement, but not replace, ReVert UI. I'm contemplating having a Mech look to it. we'll see how far THAT goes.
Unread 05-05-2005, 09:17 PM
A Griffawn

Server: Kithicor

I wish the hell I knew how to do mods then I could actually help out with this stuff instead of having to ask for stuff to be made. You guys in the Interface community are awesome people to do this stuff for free. I applaud and commend you for making my gaming experience that much better. Hats off to all of the modders and a special hats off to Humudce, my prayers are with his family.

M
Unread 05-06-2005, 03:02 AM
A Berserk Golem

really nice looking clean UI, now *I* really need to get Fetish working
Unread 05-06-2005, 11:43 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by draig
really nice looking clean UI, now *I* really need to get Fetish working
HEHE. need to talk to fetish about that.
Maybe not. Do you use EQ2MAP? Could be you havent run the updater. That always messes with everything. If you dont use EQ2map, you need to go into your custom folder and delete whichever XML has MAP in it

Unrelated, I have an update for this, but I haven't uploaded it because Im zonked.(read: extremely tired). Will upload when I wake up I guess.
Unread 05-08-2005, 07:48 AM
A Griffon

Default Minor Update

Since this is only a minor update, will just post here. I discovered somoe nice progress bars from Wyynds myUI, which were ported from an EQ1 side UI called SARS. I haven't had much time to dink around with it, but I did some experimentation with the experience window. Basically I added my own vitality markers.

heres the screenie from UI Builder. Have not tested in game yet. Besides all my toons (a whopping one) have overflow vitality

EDIT: Reworked the vitality markers some more, as they were too durn subtle. Not exactly extatic with the new ones either, but at least they are more visible. I haven't worked on overflow markers yet.

DC
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	experience.jpg
Views:	1333
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	2633  

Last edited by dc_roenfanz : 05-08-2005 at 08:28 PM.
Unread 05-08-2005, 08:20 PM
A Griffon

Have you put out an updated RC yet?

I cant wait to try it, only thing that was stopping me was your player/group/Xp bars ^_^

Unread 05-08-2005, 08:31 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Have you put out an updated RC yet?

I cant wait to try it, only thing that was stopping me was your player/group/Xp bars ^_^
No I haven't. I was having trouble finding/making progressbars that I liked. I finally found these, so I am working on porting them over and tweaking them as we speak >_<
Unread 05-09-2005, 10:00 AM
A Griffon

I feel like a thorn in your side :P

Unread 05-09-2005, 10:54 AM
A Griffon

Server: Runnyeye

Me likes them exp bar's

Reminds me I gotta do something with the daft default one's I got..

One question how do you work out the the exact spacing for the markers?
|--|--|--|
--10-20-30%

Etc
Unread 05-09-2005, 10:57 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
I feel like a thorn in your side :P
no big. plus zonx is comming out with a big update sometime today or tomorrow. if i came out with something it'd be obsolete too quick like

lol
Unread 05-09-2005, 11:06 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffs
Me likes them exp bar's

Reminds me I gotta do something with the daft default one's I got..

One question how do you work out the the exact spacing for the markers?
|--|--|--|
--10-20-30%

Etc
its part of the frame. Don't ask me, cuz I didnt make it >_< I for them from Wyynds "myUI", which was orignally from SARS UI on EQLive side. I havent even thought about the spacing. Im sooooo extremely tired right now i prolly am not making any sence. *shrug*
Unread 05-09-2005, 02:11 PM
A Griffon

Thought I would post a SS of a Classic Vert Group window I finished today.

its in the UI editor at 400% so its not really going to be that bit

Small problem with my group window, I am basing my UI off the Tables2 framework, and well... tables is still having the problem with the progress bars.

but other than that it works fine :P
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	VertClassicGroup.jpg
Views:	466
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	2640  

Last edited by Findarato : 05-09-2005 at 10:28 PM. Reason: update
Unread 05-09-2005, 02:20 PM
A Griffon

Server: Runnyeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_roenfanz
its part of the frame. Don't ask me, cuz I didnt make it >_< I for them from Wyynds "myUI", which was orignally from SARS UI on EQLive side. I havent even thought about the spacing. Im sooooo extremely tired right now i prolly am not making any sence. *shrug*
Hey you should be tired more often, Thats the most sense I gotten out of you in ages lmao j/k

Reason I ask is... Say I used a frame from one mod and a progress bar from another... Would that mess up the spacing for EG: the bar shows 50% but the frame shows it as say 65% or any other combination of ?

*EDIT*
Get some sleep before you reply, I get the feeling the "sense" is going to break down around about now hehe
Unread 05-09-2005, 02:51 PM
A Griffon

Server: Butcherblock

DC, if you have not modified Zonx's Experience bar in any way, there is a way to make it show it shows 100 ticks. I was confused about this as well when I first started using Fetish, but he told me the solution.

First, right click on the window and do window settings and set it to Frame Only. This will bring up a few more buttons for you to see.

The right arrow (I believe) is the button that will give you 100 ticks. If you click it, and you don't like it, you can push it again and it will be reverted.

Have fun.

EDIT: Just realized that Laff was talking about the new exp bars you are trying to put in. Sorry! Ignore this post. And it looks to me like each VERY SMALL tick is 1%, so maybe that's how it works out.

Last edited by Kamintar : 05-09-2005 at 02:54 PM.
Unread 05-10-2005, 06:42 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Thought I would post a SS of a Classic Vert Group window I finished today.

its in the UI editor at 400% so its not really going to be that bit

Small problem with my group window, I am basing my UI off the Tables2 framework, and well... tables is still having the problem with the progress bars.

but other than that it works fine :P
wow,
where did these popst come from? Anyway, if you can go ahead and link the XML file? I can switch to my group bars when I get done tweaking them. I'd appreciate it

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffs
Hey you should be tired more often, Thats the most sense I gotten out of you in ages lmao j/k

Reason I ask is... Say I used a frame from one mod and a progress bar from another... Would that mess up the spacing for EG: the bar shows 50% but the frame shows it as say 65% or any other combination of ?

*EDIT*
Get some sleep before you reply, I get the feeling the "sense" is going to break down around about now hehe
I understand what you are saying. As long as the progressbar is within the inner confines of the frame you should be fine. The progressbar nestles nicely within the frame, its not as if the frame is covering part of the progressbar.

PS, bar has lines about every 3 pixels, maybe very two. The werent calculated purposely to be an accurant representation of XP %, although it DOES look to be 1% for every "tick"

Last edited by dc_roenfanz : 05-10-2005 at 06:48 AM.