EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 04-13-2012, 09:56 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Default Aligning the GU63 splash graphic

The new splash graphic for GU63 has hit Test and of course the overlay image is off center. I can start playing with adjustments if someone can tell where to look in the code.
Unread 04-13-2012, 10:44 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via Yahoo to TalTal

eq2ui_loginscene.xml

The section you want looks like this:

<Page BackgroundColor="#FFFFFF" Name="EQ2Title" PackLocation="left,top" PackSize="absolute,absolute" ScrollExtent="1024,768" Size="1024,768" Visible="false">
<OpacityEffector Name="ShowEffector" SetOnEffect="true" Speed="1.000" TargetOpacity="1.000" />
<Image Location="244,45" Name="title" PackLocation="cfc,top" PackSize="p,p" ScrollExtent="536,257" Size="536,257" StretchType="ProportionalBound" Style="image" />
<Image Location="305,506" Name="logo" PackLocation="cfc,cfc" PackSize="p,p" ScrollExtent="408,232" Size="408,232" StretchType="ProportionalBound" Style="image2"/>
<ImageStyle Name="image">
<ImageFrame atlas="none" Name="title" Source="images/frontend/splash_logos.dds" SourceRect="30,0,885,312" />
</ImageStyle>
<ImageStyle Name="image2">
<ImageFrame atlas="none" Name="title" Source="images/frontend/splash_logos.dds" SourceRect="524,350,1002,647" />
</ImageStyle>
<Image Name="Backdrop" PackSize="absolute,absolute" ScrollExtent="1024,768" Size="1024,768" StretchType="ProportionalBound" Style="background" />
</Page>

Make the sizes,scrollextents,and sourcerects in this section match the same section in the default.

Silat
Unread 04-14-2012, 12:14 AM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest

Noted, and I'll make sure it's ready for the updater by the time GU63 hits. I'll probably send it up the afternoon before.
Unread 04-14-2012, 10:34 AM
A Griffon

Okay. Thanks for the info. I'll have a look at that.

There appear to be three elements - the backdrop image, the EverQuest II logo banner image and the 'current theme' title. The current theme has changed from "Freeport Reborn" to "Skyshrine." I'm guessing a bit because the theme element is way off the the left and all I see on the screen is "hrine."

I think I understand how we get the image we ant out of the dds file. I'm going to test a couple of changes and see if I'm right.
Unread 04-14-2012, 11:11 AM
A Griffon

Well, I got it. I found a thread here from 2005/2006 explaining how to use UIBuilder to read and adjust the SourceRect for stuff like this. I changed

<ImageFrame atlas="none" Name="title" Source="images/frontend/splash_logos.dds" SourceRect="524,350,1002,647" />

to read

<ImageFrame atlas="none" Name="title" Source="images/frontend/splash_logos.dds" SourceRect="110,310,815,490" />

and got good registration on the image.

So now I know how to fix one thing. :-)
Unread 04-14-2012, 02:29 PM
A Griffon

I found 3 lines that needed adjusting. I'm attaching the updated login scene XML file, and a unified diff between the old and new files (as a .txt file since it won't take .diff).
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_loginscene.xml (23.8 KB, 293 views)
File Type: txt eq2ui_loginscene.txt (1.8 KB, 275 views)
Unread 04-14-2012, 03:12 PM
A Griffon

Just tested the new loginscene. I notice that this version presents the logo offset to the right and the title offset to the left. The effect is balanced, but not what I expected, since previous versions centered both.
Unread 04-14-2012, 03:33 PM
A Griffon

I get the same offset, and both are centered in the default UI. I'll poke at it, I'm betting it's just a discrepancy in the target location.

I'd like a test of the persona window changes, those are more likely to break something. There was a change to the scroll rect for the Platinum coin area, and text in the mercenary window saying when you couldn't have a merc in the current zone. I'm going to test later tonight or tomorrow, I'd appreciate a second set of eyes on them.
Unread 04-14-2012, 07:53 PM
A Griffon

OK, fixed the alignment and posted the new zipfile. Here's just the login scene XML file.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_loginscene.xml (23.8 KB, 298 views)
Unread 04-14-2012, 07:53 PM
A Griffon

Okay. I can check to see if anything broke. I'll probably be on Test Copy later tonight.
Unread 04-14-2012, 08:23 PM
A Griffon

Login graphics look good. I looked around the persona window and don't see anything out of whack in the coin display area.

I'm trying to think if there's a zone that won't allow the merc so I can check that message. Only ones I know of right now were for non-repeatable quests.

Looking through the stat pages (and at the bottom bar) I can see the removing CritMit is going to take a lot of tweaking.
Unread 04-15-2012, 06:22 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via Yahoo to TalTal

Removing critmit from the persona window would be pretty easy. To do it from the bottom bar and not leave a hole or an out of order element would be more time consuming. Personally if I was going to remove it I would just leave a hole and hope another stat gets added lol.

Silat

Last edited by TalTal : 04-15-2012 at 06:42 AM. Reason: Typos
Unread 04-15-2012, 09:46 AM
A Griffon

Snort. Leaving a hole is probably the best way to go, and probably for that reason.

My comment arose from noticing how many places it showed up in the persona window, since you, your merc, your warder, and probably Roger Goldie's parrot all had a value to display for the stat.
Unread 04-15-2012, 05:05 PM
A Griffon

That was my thought: just leave blank space in the persona window, and in the bottom bar just take the stat out of the configuration listing. I think the only real problem with leaving it in might be if the dynamic data goes away completely enough to cause errors if it's referenced, beyond that it's just cosmetic.