EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 01-23-2012, 03:12 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Lucan DLere
Default Vision Impaired Healer Accessibility

I'm curious as to if there are any interface mods that have click cast and click cure buttons for the raid window and party window that are larger than say, DrumsUI or Profit. Heck, even make the frames for the party and raid window a bit easier to see via spacing or something.

I'm a bit spoiled with World of Warcraft's UI system, specifically Grid and Clique, and the macro system. I have Grid set up to show each player's HP and Mana bars as a rectangular brick who's border glows either blue(magic), purple(curse), brown(disease) or green(poison) depending on the type of detriment, and the class specific color drains in the block from right to left as hp depletes and the blue bar at the bottom depletes as mana goes down. My spells were all macro'd to "/cast spell[@mouseover]", meaning that whatever my mouse was hovered over, the spell was cast on if it were a friendly target. I could hover my mouse over a HP bar in Grid, or a player avatar in game, and cast a heal and it would land on that target, or myself if I had it pointing at nothing or a hostile.

My main in every single MMO I've played has been a healer. Unfortunately, this is not the case in EQ2, and that is because it's difficult for me to keep up with cures because I have difficulty aiming my mouse accurately on the click cure buttons. Manually switching targets to cast a cure is not feasible in raid content, as quick cures are crucial. I find myself using group cures to remove a single detrimental because aiming at that tiny little click cure is difficult. And don't get me started on the click cast buttons. Great idea.. but I can't aim at those either.

What I'd like is a mod that makes the bars thicker(vertical measure) and larger click cast buttons. I don't care if I only get one or two of them. I'd also like two larger cure buttons. One for curse, one for other detrimentals. Casting one cure spell removes one of each effect most of the time with a single target cure anyways.. I don't often need to say, only dispel the trauma. I'd leave indicators to determine what types of dets are up, but clicking each det button is difficult because of aim.

Is this even possible with how the UI is programmed? I know EQ2 has some tougher restrictions on what can be done with the UI, and I know nothing about modding or I'd try to do it myself. I dislike the fact that I need "outside" assistance in doing a job in game that others can do without issue, and even making this request is slightly embarrassing, but it needs to be done because I accept that I need a little help with it.

So if anyone knows of anything that might help, toss some ideas my way. I'd appreciate it.

Peace.