Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Chit-Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 12-17-2004, 10:26 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: The Bazaar
Default EverQuest2 is Dead

Everything posted below is pointless
Sleep well noble MMORPG, we hardly knew ye.
Yet so many of us left our nice semi-safe homes in Everquest1 to be with you.
Now as the final hours close, and the first of the "world wipe" commands are typed, we wish you well.
No human, drow or dwarf thinks more highly than I do of the competence, as well as abilities, of the very worthy devs who have just addressed the major server crash.
But different people often see the same subject in different lights; and, therefore, I hope it will not be thought disrespectful to those gentlemen if, entertaining as I do opinions of a character very opposite to theirs, I shall speak forth my sentiments freely and without reserve.
This is no time for ceremony. The questing before the devs is one of awful moment to these everquest comunitys. For my own part, I consider it as nothing less than a question of freedom; and in proportion to the magnitude of the subject ought to be the freedom of opinion. It is only in this way that we can hope to arrive at truth, and fulfill the great responsibility which we hold to the lost Gods and our shared yet shattered world.
Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards the players, and of an act of disloyalty toward my UI mod fans, which I revere above of my other fans....

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me modding or give me perma-death!

Last edited by Sir Taleisin The Seer : 12-17-2004 at 10:34 PM.